2009 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Pleasantly Surprised...
By sexynavy on 03/06/12 00:33 AM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First, I must admit this car is nice and fun to drive. I was looking for something comparable to my '06 525i and struggled with the decision to trade it. But after owning the TL for over a month & a half, the trade was well worth it. I'm a big techy person and having all the features that the TL comes with was like putting a kid in a candy store. My 525i didn't even have a quarter of those features & to get them would've cost thousands. I was also concerned about the speed between RWD & FWD. But the TL has proved itself to be just as good in that area. Also, I believe the TL has the reliability that I've been looking for...which I didn't have with the 525i.

An Amazing Sports Sedan!!!
By shaymasdaddy06 on 01/29/12 16:54 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package, Summer Tires (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After 1 month and 2000 miles, this is now my favorite car of all time. Yes the ride is firm with the 19s and it is a tad bit thirsty on gas, but the total package is worth it. I found a '09 CPO TL Tech SH-AWD with 41K miles and it is rock solid. The handling is unbelieveable. I may not be able to toss it in a corner like a BMW, but the handling is rewarding on its own merit. The interior is amazing and the seats wrap around you like a glove. I can't wait to drive it each day!!

A fun everyday 4 door sports car
By Bruce Kepley on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned this car since Christmas, 2008, it's now heading into Christmas 2010, so two years. I can say that it has been a truly pleasurable experience... The car is quick, agile, comfortable, gets 30mpg (!, surprised) and reliable...has the tech package which is VERY useful, and has a huge WOW factor...my fiance likes the car much more than her Lexus. This is my third Acura, the first, a 1999 model, was the best car that I had ever owned up until that time, the second was a 2002 (all TLs) pretty much like the first, and this 2009 model is fantastic... The only problem that I've had was with the driver's seat bolster wearing prematurely...worth the money spent...

Great first Acura
By Dave04 on 08/04/10 10:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 09 TL with the tech package is everything I wanted in a CPO Acura. I traded in a 2008 Audi A4 and wanted an upgrade to something larger and more spacious. The car drives great, handles awesome (without the SH-AWD too!) and has all the features of a BMW, MB or Lexus for a thousands less. I highly recommend you test drive a TL before making your next car purchase.

Coming back to Acura
By Anthony on 07/30/10 14:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is not a sports car. It's a sedan that accelerates fast, comfortable and quiet to ride in. Having driven the 330i, decided it's no longer for my taste; the BMW demanded my attention at all times. One wrong move and the kidney grills head into the wrong lane. TL is more forgiving for daily driving. It just depends on what you want. My goal with the current purchase was fast, quiet and comfortable, plus solid reliability to boot. Styling is purely subjective, so say what you will about the TL styling, it's just an opinion and preference. Build quality is excellent compared to my previous cars, Lexus IS250, BMW 330i and 525i.

Not Boring
By Mile high on 06/20/10 18:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I can say that this is the first car I have ever purchased that I love. Great styling (not boring). Very quick, sweet interior with plenty of room, I am 6'4" and have no problem fitting in the front or back. Decent gas mileage for the power you get. Yes a Honda Accord V6 may be similar but they are a totally different car. Drove the Accord and found it boring (every family has one). Get looks in this car all the time. This car looks like a $50,000.00 vehicle. Great value for the price compared to BMW, Lexus, Nissan Maxium, Audi, Mercedes. If you want a car that will have style and is reliable and a fun drive that not everyone on the block has this is the car for you.

Rides like a truck - in bumby cond.
By Fran L on 06/18/10 13:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Do not try to contact customer service - they just say well that's the way it is or we will note it. Not try to fix a $40,000 car. By the way you have to call California time to a 800# to a six digit ext. To get voice mail. Send them a letter they get it. Send a letter to the pres of Honda they get it. Tell them you own three of them they say sorry not nice

Nice change
By catcher10us on 06/09/10 05:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just turned in my '08 TL and leased a new '10 TL. What a difference. The "08 looked great but was uncomfortable and not a fun drive. The '10 is like night and day. Very plush inside, ride is great and seems like its more powerful and smooth. The steering feels a bit loose in the '10 and it doesn't handle as tightly as the '08 but so far overall much more comfortable to be in. Acura quality is evident everywhere. Not crazy about the styling but with the right color choice its more than fine. Good deal on the new lease as well.

2009 acura tl
By bernard edwards on 05/14/10 17:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am on my second year with my tl, and I as very impressed with the quality, and the smooth 3.5 engine and I am not that impressed with the manual auto shifter, as sometimes the transmission shifts two times, and this car should have a six speed manual available instead of making you buy the over 40,000 dollar all wheel drive with the technology package, and the six speed should be available in the tsx also as it has the same engine that the tl has as a option, and this five speed just is not a good fit as it holds the engine back, and we love this car, and we drove a mdx for a few days, and now this is a real car, as this car really sounds so good with the 3.7 engine singing with a big smooth burst.

Amazing!
By Steve on 04/13/10 13:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package, Summer Tires (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great performing car and amazing handling. It handles as well as or better than my Porsche C4S AWD on the corners and curves.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura TL in VA is:

$135 per month*