Used 2009 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Solid midrange sedan
By Tony

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Decently fast, very fast in Sport mode. Solid reliability. Trust it to start everytime in any weather condition. Good snow traction. Quiet and nice ride, not too harsh like the 3 series or IS.

The car I thought I woudln't be able to afford!
By Chris T

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package and Summer Tires 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a great car, it gets good fuel economy for the size of the car. Car and Driver website Calls it the "Bruce Wayne Mobile" for 7 year old car everything has held up with little wear on the front seats. the car is glued to the road and is far ahead of its time for being a 2009. People think the car is brand new I bought used with only 56k miles under 16k.

Acura is the acura-ate way to go!
By Colleen

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for a year in a half now and its been beautiful! I have put a total of 30000 miles on her with no complaints. I have owned a few less than satisfactory vehicles and was afraid to buy a vehicle that I didnt know anything about but this georgous car stole me with its beauty and new age ride. I love getting up and driving this car everyday! It is relyable and has style! The throtle is a force to be recond with, i am used to it now but any new drivers be ready for the punch!

Pleasantly Surprised...
By sexynavy

2009 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First, I must admit this car is nice and fun to drive. I was looking for something comparable to my '06 525i and struggled with the decision to trade it. But after owning the TL for over a month & a half, the trade was well worth it. I'm a big techy person and having all the features that the TL comes with was like putting a kid in a candy store. My 525i didn't even have a quarter of those features & to get them would've cost thousands. I was also concerned about the speed between RWD & FWD. But the TL has proved itself to be just as good in that area. Also, I believe the TL has the reliability that I've been looking for...which I didn't have with the 525i.

Tech pkg (HDD, Bluetooth Audio, Voice Commands, Nav, Paddle Shifters, Keyless Entry/Ignition...I mean the list goes on & on.), Sleek exterior design, Comfortable interior, Smooth ride, Luxury feel with an affordable price tag. The more I drive it, the more I love it.

Push button rain sensor wipers, power tilt adjustment for steering wheel, 6 speed automatic

An Amazing Sports Sedan!!!
By shaymasdaddy06

After 1 month and 2000 miles, this is now my favorite car of all time.
Yes the ride is firm with the 19s and it is a tad bit thirsty on gas, but the total package is worth it.
I found a '09 CPO TL Tech SH-AWD with 41K miles and it is rock solid.
The handling is unbelieveable.
I may not be able to toss it in a corner like a BMW, but the handling is rewarding on its own merit.
The interior is amazing and the seats wrap around you like a glove.
I can't wait to drive it each day!!

White Diamond/Umber combination; handling; distinctive exterior; Acura/Honda Reliability.

Ventilated Seats (but don't like the toned down look of the 2012 TL).