Used 2009 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

My favorite ugly duckling
By Richard Kelly

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I will start off to say most hated the first glimpse of the new fourth generation TL platform when it released in late 2008, but I believe it is an acquired taste. My previous car was a Honda S2000 and when I was exiting my ownership of that vehicle I was worried I would soon be stranded into a mundane driving experience. This was not the case. For a near 4000lbs car that barely breach's 300hp at the crank it moves quite nicely. I live in a rather snowy climate (number two snowiest city in the US) and while I got around with snow tires in the S2000 just fine, the SH-AWD TL was awesome even on all seasons, not to mention a blast of mash, steer and go. The car is well laid out as far as controls and technology and is very user friendly once accommodated with all the functions. It is incredibly spacious for my height and for a mid-size vehicle. Most of all, the build quality and material choice makes me appreciate the interior when compared to other vehicles in its used price range. The technology package delivers a pretty nice stock sound system with a very conservative navigation display. Beware that with this sound system the door speakers are prone to blowing out. However they are $25 to replace and this vehicles door panels are by far the most user friendly to take on and off. Seriously if you've taken door panels off before they are usually a nightmare of clips breaking, but that is not the case here. Overall I am very pleased with the value of this car for roughly $19,000 used with 50,000 miles when bought over a year ago. The Mayan Bronze Metallic color is quite beautiful as well.

Solid midrange sedan
By Tony

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Decently fast, very fast in Sport mode. Solid reliability. Trust it to start everytime in any weather condition. Good snow traction. Quiet and nice ride, not too harsh like the 3 series or IS.

The car I thought I woudln't be able to afford!
By Chris T

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package and Summer Tires 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a great car, it gets good fuel economy for the size of the car. Car and Driver website Calls it the "Bruce Wayne Mobile" for 7 year old car everything has held up with little wear on the front seats. the car is glued to the road and is far ahead of its time for being a 2009. People think the car is brand new I bought used with only 56k miles under 16k.

Acura is the acura-ate way to go!
By Colleen

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for a year in a half now and its been beautiful! I have put a total of 30000 miles on her with no complaints. I have owned a few less than satisfactory vehicles and was afraid to buy a vehicle that I didnt know anything about but this georgous car stole me with its beauty and new age ride. I love getting up and driving this car everyday! It is relyable and has style! The throtle is a force to be recond with, i am used to it now but any new drivers be ready for the punch!

Second TL, dont know why i ever left
By Joe Simmons

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I find it funny to see how many BMW drivers have switched to this vehicle. I thought I was the only one. this is my 2nd TL and I really don't know why I ever got rid of the first one. I recently traded in my 3 series BMW for this and needless to say I am not disappointed. The TL has a great features ( even on the base model ) that BMW does not offer. the acceleration is phenomenal and the ride is quiet and smooth. it is very easy to set up the electronics in the vehicle as well. the one thing I am missing from the Beamer is the how tight the steering is. in the Acura it is a lot easier to just push the wheel from side to side. also, the leather could be a little better quality. other than that, I think the car is amazing and would recommend it to anyone. as for the design... I think it is a very attractive car. the grill is aggressive looking while the rest of the car just looks luxurious. all in all I am pleased with the trade.