2008 Acura TL Consumer Review: Owner

2008 Acura TL - Consumer Review

2008 Acura TL

Owner
By Jim on

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2008 TL for 3 months now. In normal city (Houston area) driving I get 22 mpg. On freeway driving, I get 30 mpg - better than rated. I have yet to take it more that 450 consecutive miles on freeways so it may edge down a little but it held at the 30 mpg mark until I got back into Houston rush hour traffic. I like so much about this car, but there are some small irritable things. Power outlets and MP3 jack are not conveniently located. It is difficult to get anything in dash outlet when car is in park. Fuel release is on floor right by door - on door or dash would be better. The front window posts are a bit large which causes some minor obstruction of vision.

The ride and comfort are amazing. Handling is superb. Just turning a corner feels like racing through mountainous roads. I love driving it. There is plenty of acceleration; the ride is extremely quiet. Acura has just a couple of basic packages with so many of the typical extras included.

Suggested improvements: I like the backup camera but future considerations may include sideview cameras to improve vision when parked between large vehicles; cooled seats; keyless igntion; better screen graphics in the audio mode; improve voice recognition which better at numbers than names.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review