Great value for the money
By Brad on
2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I purchased my TL-S in July 2008 after seeing the spy pictures of the 2009 models. So far I have 7,500 miles on the car and it has been flawless. The 3.5L makes this car a sleeper, it's plenty fast for me. I shopped the G35, Lexus IS350 and BMW 3 Series before buying the Acura. The nice part about the car is the value for the money, this car comes loaded. With Lexus, BMW and Infiniti the options are expensive and add up quickly. An IS350 with the same equipment as this car stickered at over $45k, same with BMW. I was able to purchase my TL-S for $33k, that was $5,800 off the sticker. Was able to get a good deal with the ugly 2009's ready to hit the market.
Favorite Features
The interior is much more roomy than competitors models. The Lexus IS was just to small and cramped, I am 6" and it felt like a clown car to me, same deal with the BMW 3 Series. The navigation Acura uses is the best in the business, very user friendly and accurate. The exterior is dead sexy.
Suggested Improvements
The Michelin all seasons that come on the car are HORRIBLE in the snow, pretty much useless. If you live in a area that gets some of the white stuff, you'll need to change the tires. The front end, because of the design, picks up a lot of rock chips, so I'd try to get a clear bra for the front.