Italian Styling + Japanese Reliability
By CarAddict on
2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
In addition to Honda's reliability, the other main reason why I bought this car is that I think Honda really did a great job styling the exterior of the TL. I really like the beautiful styling touches such as the character lines that run across the sides of the car. The 2008 TL styling is elegant and understated, unlike the new 2009 TL which I thought is too loud for my taste with the oversized grill in the front and chrome strip on the trunk. However, the sleek styling does result in poor rearward visibility for the TL. Having driven a Acura Integra for the last 20 years, this is probably the biggest thing I have to adopt in my new TL. Both the B and the C pillars on the TL are very wide!
Favorite Features
Italian styling with Japanese dependability! Excellent touch-screen navigation and typical logical Honda control layout.
Suggested Improvements
So so material inside. My dash blotches easily (using 409 spray has helped a lot). Leather on the seating area could be a bit better quality. Some rattle near the front passenger window.