First Acura/Honda Purchase
By TMac on
2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I looked at many cars before buying this one. Mine is Bronze-Graphite with the charcoal/black interior. I traded in a Porsche and VW Jetta for the one TL-S, and feel it was a good decision. Performance is great, and for the price, what a deal!! It's faster than my 2000 Boxster, and I expect the reliability to be second to none. I just drove from Ft Worth to Houston, and got 30 mpg on the interstate with the cruise at 68. My in-town mixed driving delivers 22.5 mpg, and I drive fairly aggressive. Handling is great for a car of this type, and the fit and finish is as good as I have seen on any car. Interior is very sporty, but still luxurious. Style of Merc AMG or BMW-M Type for much less money
Favorite Features
Still learning the voice prompts. The nav system, blue tooth are easy to use. The sound system is superb. Very comfortable seats. There are no options on this car for a reason-it has it all. Has anyone really looked at the headlight assembly, or rear license surround? Both are spectacular designs.
Suggested Improvements
I wish the steering provided a bit more road feel, and the rear windows were auto-down like the front. The Type S should come with 18" wheels. Could use a bit more to differentiate the Type S from the base. Buyers, purchase the front and rear console carbon fiber pieces. Acura, dump the cassette.