Discreet Hot-Rod
By Bruce on
2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Almost 2 months of ownership, 1500 miles and I'm still in love. I was going to purchase the '08 335i (drove sedan/coupe) - as a fluke (just happened to be at the dealership with a friend) I drove the TL Type S and bought the car the next day (no comparison to the BMW). The growl of the quad exhaust is hot. The car looks a bit demure but hit the gas and watch out! Everyone loves it. As most here, I also got the Carbon Bronze Pearl and think that color suits the darker rims very well. I'm very glad I decided to take a test drive that day. I also drove the car with an auto transmission and like the automatic better (the second auto I've ever owned).
Favorite Features
Everything - automatic lights, voice activation for controls and navi, LED tail/mirror lights, quad exhaust, acceleration, braking is amazing, bluetooth, red ambient lighting, luxury detailing, one-touch features . . . did I name everything? :)
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage. If you push the car hard you will notice some torque steer. It doesn't take hard curves as well as my Honda did, but this is a much bigger car. Center armrest could be higher. By far the Type S is the best/hottest car I've ever owned (incl a BMW).