2008 Acura TL Consumer Review: Break it In

2008 Acura TL - Consumer Review

Type-S Sedan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Break it In
By !AHA! on

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I first got my Type-S, I was disappointed: the transmission felt jerky, the tires squealed readily during cornering and hard acceleration, and to top it off I bought an AUTO, which was all they had left. About three months later, the car literally transformed: the transmission was silky smooth, the handling was snappy and nimble, and there wasn't any real torque steer or understeer to deal with. It was still an auto, but that went well with the enormous number of luxury features. I can cruise in comfort and in style, or I can rip through the woods and destroy a Mitsubishi Eclipse at a stoplight. Either way, I'm no longer disappointed.

Speed, handling, ideal balance of sportiness and comfort. The six-disc in-dash surround sound DVD audio system rocks. The touchscreen navigation is far more user friendly than the "luxury knobs." Back-up camera, tilting rearview mirrors, Bluetooth connectivity, and voice-command are great.

Acura needs to produce more manual transmissions.