A great used choice
By edechazal on
2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
I purchased a clean 2008 TL auto with navigation 6 weeks ago. It's a wonderful car. I'm a "car guy" but no longer a boy-racer since I'm in my 40's. I appreciate refinement and pieces that work well together. This car delivers in most areas. The first test drive sold me on the car's feel and driving dynamics. I'm 5' 11" and the car fits me like a glove. I like the view from the driver's seat, the powertrain's responsiveness and the look of the tan leather interior. I also test drove the redesigned 2009 model and definitely prefer the 2008 since it fits better. Piece of advice: be ready to spring for a new set of Michelins when you buy. Fresh tires clean up lots of problems.
Favorite Features
The engine and transmission are fabulous. They work very well together and give you the closest thing to the sports car experience you will get this side of a manual transmission. The engine sound is great, even at idle. A slight engine growl comes up through the steering wheel letting you know the car is ready to take on the road. Shifts are very smooth and immediate unlike many other cars that seem to lag. I rarely feel any torque steer and feel this criticism is unjustified. In fact, the front drive system is an asset in Michigan since it will do better in snow. The sound system is as good everybody says. The switchgear is nice and quality is evident throughout.
Suggested Improvements
There are only 2 areas preventing this car from being perfect in my book: The Bluetooth system and the ride quality. The Bluetooth system is a bit clumsy with my phone. You have to realize there are 2 phonebooks, one that is your phone download and one that resides in the car itself. Your ability to voice dial depends on where exactly your contact resides. The manual is not clear in this area. The ride is a bit harsh in my view. You get used to it but when I drive another car, I find myself relaxing a bit more. The TL's ride is the price you pay for razor sharp handling and a great connected feel to the road. Test drive the car before you buy.