2008 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Loving the '08!
By dap2006 on 04/02/08 17:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my '06 TL after 2.5 years - I needed a change. The 2008 TL-S w/auto surprised me with how much better it is! A bigger engine, daytime running lights, auto headlights, active noise cancelization, better brakes, better transmission (love the smooth downshifts), back-up camera, etc. It rides and drives much better than my 06! In carbon bronze it's a looker, too. I'm extremely happy with my TL-S!

My Acura TL after 3 months
By Jim on 03/30/08 20:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent performance. Good mileage in town driving, excellent mileage in highway driving. I really like the interior except the power outlets are not easily accessible. The dash outlet is difficult to use if car is in park and the console outlet is far down inside console. It is an exciting drive and power is more than adequate. I have not noticed the interior rattles others have commented on. Door panels do scuff easily.

Type S Manual - Nice ride!
By Rob H on 03/25/08 17:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Previously owned a 04 TSX, just got a TL Type S 6 speed, great car so for. Stereo w/XM and 6 channel surround is fabulous, shifter is slick, Type S seats are solid. Wheels are large (and a bit pimpy) but overall, a great car so far. Worried about mileage as this car but it absolutely flies.

Love my TL!!
By HarleyTX on 03/25/08 14:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I was apprehensive about buying a car that would soon be redesigned, but from what spy-photos I've seen, the 09 will not be nearly as handsome. After 15,000 miles, I'm am utterly in love with this car. Faster and more comfortable than my 05 TSX, I've never regretted buying this car. It still looks good, has a great performance/luxury compromise, and is built like a tank. There's is no better car for the money!

LOVE THIS
By bala0509 on 03/23/08 16:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Sent my husband to test drive a regular TL. Well after he drove the Type S and the MDx sport and ent packg we had to get both. This is my second Acura. i also have an integra.. (1996) and it works just fine as well. Love how responsive this car is. Love the sporty pedals and love that all the options were included. I look for excuses to go out now.

Great Car!
By Paul on 03/18/08 17:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for about eight months, and so far, it's the best car I've owned. Love the v-tech and power, while the interior seats are very comfortable and accommodating. I can't stress enough how good a value this car is for the features it offers, and the fuel economy is also commendable for its size and engine. I only wish Acura could have invested a little bit more detail and care for interior build quality, as there are some squeaks and rattles, and my shoes easily scuff the the bottom of the door panels. Overall, I love this car!

Great value
By Scott@Columbia on 03/18/08 10:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very happy with this car. Ride is a nice balance of firm but pleasant. It is a quiet car and the engine is only heard under hard acceleration (and the noise is pleasing). Great interior layout with sharp exterior styling. All the features you could want at a nice price. Engine is peppy and responsive, well-suited to the car. This car is the perfect balance of practical, fun, affordable and well-equipped.

What a car!
By henry on 03/13/08 17:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This Acura TL is a step up from a fully-loaded 2003 Accord V6 that I previously drove, and wife continues to love it despite 320,000 km on it (bought it brand new!). So far, I've had very little regret from choosing it over Audi A4 and Lexus IS 250. The car drives beautifully, esp. on the highway! This car gets the most bang for your bucks!

Good Value
By firebird on 03/09/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

For the great lease you can not beat the value of this car, lots of options that cost extra or cannot get on other cars. The ride is a little on the stiff side especially when temps are below 30 degrees.

GREAT car!
By Rio Rebel on 03/09/08 07:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The bigger engine in the TL-S made a big difference to me. I was set to get a G35 until I drove the S model. Great quality, thrilling to drive. I LOVE this car. Only thing I don't like is the lip spoiler in the S. In fact, my wife loved it so much we got her a base model TL two weeks later!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.