Used 2008 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Value, Value, Value
By Scott

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had an 2004, sold it and bought a 2008 after testing the 2009 TL which I liked but could not justify the $9,000 price difference. The 08 feels more sure footed and grippy compared to the 04 and their are better ergonomics inside.

Like the interior lighting. ELS surround sound. Drive by wire acceleration. Simple controls.

Would like some split fold rear seats. Better all season tires.

Quiet Confidence/ Lovin every minute!!
By Dookie

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded 94 Legend for the Carbon Bronze 2008 TL/S. The TL/S same or better features than Niss/BMW for less $$. The 3.5 gets the TL/S moving quickly & oversize brakes offer smooth braking. Cruising at 70mph is the norm as one doesn't recognize the "speed" so pay attention. Quiet cabin, heated seats/mirrors, nav, XM, reverse cam, CD, DVD, smooth yet firm ride, great acceleration, takes curves like a slot-car. Speeds > 100mph, smooth & silky w/no vibration. Driving this auto since 12/2007, its once again FUN TO DRIVE! Absolutely love it!

What comes standard in TL/S comes as extra in BMW and G35. Smooth/quiet ride, nice acceleration, impressive handling, overtaking other autos with plenty of power to spare. With this automobile one KNOWS the 3.5 will deliver. Plenty of trunk space, roomy interior. Did I say acceleration!!!

Stereo sound is a bit fuzzy and takes some getting accustomed too. Would prefer 18 inch wheels as standard. Toss the rear-deck lid "spoiler" as it appears an after-thought and doesn't compliment the "line." Toss the seat-belt non-use reminder. Steering radius is a little "long in the tooth."

What more could I ask for
By SirJames

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth TL and I could not be more pleased. I considered the 2009 TL but was not wild about the preview pics and the associated styling (the cost of an end of year vehicle were sweet!). The comments from others are ALWAYS great. The interior and exterior styling as as expected: nice. The mileage is not exceptional but very acceptable.

I greatly enjoy the navigation system. I resisted with my other TLs and now regret that I did not make the plunge. The audio based commands for audio are spot on. The handling is very nice. Bluetooth and the availability of a cassette player still cause me joy.

If there could be more integration of any and not just iPod mp3 player controls, I would be pleased.

Perfect car
By Average comsumer

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Actually the TL is my wifes car but I can tell when she is in love. For her, it is just the right size, has just the right equipment, has just the right amount of power, and behaves/feels like it is part of her. It is a nice looking car without being too flashy.

To whole package is well thought out. Very surprised with mileage 33- 35HWY/25-28 City. Higher than expected but other reviews might have been Type S cars. This non-navigation car has very simple controls so everything is easy to find.

None that are not just personal preferences. Hope the new model keeps same goals.

Cool car, as I expected
By stever469

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I first saw the 2008 model at the Chicago Auto Show and fell in love. I wanted the Nighthawk Black Pearl, but ended up with Kinetic Blue Pearl with the dark Type S wheels. I love the way it looks and especially the way it drives! Lots of power, friendly operation, awesome stereo system, I can't say enough about this car. Most people ask me "who owns that fancy car"?. My answer, "that would be me".

Everything!

Can't think of anything, maybe AWD.