Used 2008 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Quiet Confidence/ Lovin every minute!!
By Dookie

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded 94 Legend for the Carbon Bronze 2008 TL/S. The TL/S same or better features than Niss/BMW for less $$. The 3.5 gets the TL/S moving quickly & oversize brakes offer smooth braking. Cruising at 70mph is the norm as one doesn't recognize the "speed" so pay attention. Quiet cabin, heated seats/mirrors, nav, XM, reverse cam, CD, DVD, smooth yet firm ride, great acceleration, takes curves like a slot-car. Speeds > 100mph, smooth & silky w/no vibration. Driving this auto since 12/2007, its once again FUN TO DRIVE! Absolutely love it!

Favorite Features

What comes standard in TL/S comes as extra in BMW and G35. Smooth/quiet ride, nice acceleration, impressive handling, overtaking other autos with plenty of power to spare. With this automobile one KNOWS the 3.5 will deliver. Plenty of trunk space, roomy interior. Did I say acceleration!!!

Suggested Improvements

Stereo sound is a bit fuzzy and takes some getting accustomed too. Would prefer 18 inch wheels as standard. Toss the rear-deck lid "spoiler" as it appears an after-thought and doesn't compliment the "line." Toss the seat-belt non-use reminder. Steering radius is a little "long in the tooth."

What more could I ask for
By SirJames

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth TL and I could not be more pleased. I considered the 2009 TL but was not wild about the preview pics and the associated styling (the cost of an end of year vehicle were sweet!). The comments from others are ALWAYS great. The interior and exterior styling as as expected: nice. The mileage is not exceptional but very acceptable.

Favorite Features

I greatly enjoy the navigation system. I resisted with my other TLs and now regret that I did not make the plunge. The audio based commands for audio are spot on. The handling is very nice. Bluetooth and the availability of a cassette player still cause me joy.

Suggested Improvements

If there could be more integration of any and not just iPod mp3 player controls, I would be pleased.

Perfect car
By Average comsumer

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Actually the TL is my wifes car but I can tell when she is in love. For her, it is just the right size, has just the right equipment, has just the right amount of power, and behaves/feels like it is part of her. It is a nice looking car without being too flashy.

Favorite Features

To whole package is well thought out. Very surprised with mileage 33- 35HWY/25-28 City. Higher than expected but other reviews might have been Type S cars. This non-navigation car has very simple controls so everything is easy to find.

Suggested Improvements

None that are not just personal preferences. Hope the new model keeps same goals.

Cool car, as I expected
By stever469

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I first saw the 2008 model at the Chicago Auto Show and fell in love. I wanted the Nighthawk Black Pearl, but ended up with Kinetic Blue Pearl with the dark Type S wheels. I love the way it looks and especially the way it drives! Lots of power, friendly operation, awesome stereo system, I can't say enough about this car. Most people ask me "who owns that fancy car"?. My answer, "that would be me".

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of anything, maybe AWD.

Love this car!
By Mike

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Evaluated vs. the 2009 Audi A4 and G35xs. This car isn't as sporty as the G35 but more than the A4. It isn't as luxurious as the A4 but more than the G35. Perfect for my less than 20 mile commute. Gas mileage better than advertised. Extremely comfortable seats. Plenty of room for 6' plus. GPS easy to use. Voice commands a little hard to get used too. Excellent handling in the rain, up hills. Great acceleration. Plenty of backseat space. IPod plug in fine but no on screen controls not great.

Favorite Features

Styling, extras such as lights on sides, inside lighting nice touch. GPS, XM radio, fog lights, wheels!

Suggested Improvements

IPod controls