Used 2008 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Hard to beat
By Mark in Tulsa

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car is hard to beat. I compared it with a wide variety of cars, the Jetta, BMW 328i, Lexus RX330, Infiniti G35, and Honda Accord. I kept coming back to this one as the standard. It met all my expectations and the value is definitely there. It's not the most exciting car, but it's very handsome, and it suits my driving style just fine. The ride is nice, I love the nav and reverse camera, and the interior is gorgeous. I think there are a few problems with rattles, but other than that, it's hard to find fault.

Favorite Features

I highly recommend getting the navigation. It completely changes the character of the car. I also like the fit and finish quality of the interior.

Suggested Improvements

I don't like the way the trip odo, trip computer, tire pressure gauge, outside temp, etc. are all combined into one display, so you have to thumb thru the menus to get to whatever you want to see. I think outside temperature needs a permanent display. Also, there are more rattles than I expected.

Glad I did not wait for 2009 TL
By Blah Blah

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car! Midnight Black with dark interior and 6-speed. This card flies and is a blast to drive. Love the standard gadgets. This makes the buying experience very easy.

Favorite Features

Sound/nav functionality, performance, interior design/layout.

Suggested Improvements

18" wheels standard, More robust rear spoiler or loose it. AWD. More interior color combinations w/Type S.

2008 TL w/ Navi
By JerseyGal

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the car for about 2 months now and so far so good. Overall, I'm very impressed. The ride is smooth, it handles curves well, and the tech package is extremely fun. I am having a problem getting my garage door opener connected to the rear view mirror. Additionally, the moment it gets cold my tire pressure lights come on.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, heated seats, back up camera, space, moon roof.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel efficiency, it would be nice if the side mirrors automatically folded in, placement of the navi screen on the dash board.

Great car. Worth every buck
By Sid

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in Sep '08 and I love this car. It is worth every buck for all the features that come standard with the car. Gas mileage is great for a 3.2L V6. I get 33 mpg highway and 19-24 mpg city. The sound system is really good. Interiors are well crafted. The only con would be slight rattle at low speeds, but no biggie, I can live with it for everything else it offers.

Favorite Features

Voice recognition, sound system, interiors, and comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Slight rattles inside the car.

2008 TL-S First Impressions
By JVC

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2008 TL-S in late October. I was looking for a sporty design with a smart interior. The TL-S also had more room than my 2007 BMW 328xi. I have owned the Infinity 235 and find that its interior does not match up to the TL-S. I love the wheels, the ELS sound system and the whole exterior look. I know it may be tired but it is classic. I looked at the 2009 but was not impressed by the design. I also received a great deal on the year end model. I traded-in a 2007 Saab Convertible. Acura makes buying very easy because there are only two trim levels. The competitors make you pay for every feature.

Favorite Features

Sound system, exterior styling, great ride, interior quality. Price, car comes with everything from a features standpoint

Suggested Improvements

18" rims as standard. Head light washers and rain sensitive windshield washers