2008 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
great car for daily driving commute
By mr & mrs destiny on 05/28/08 18:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We previously owned an 03 Acura RL so we knew Acura reliability would be there. So far with about 5k miles we are pleasantly pleased. The S type auto handles very well - a good attempt of mixing sporty with luxury. All the options you want are there so there is no hassle picking a package. The quad exhaust pipes and rims are hardcore and this car will get you looks. We haven't experienced rattling noises in any situation so far. Minor issues such as poorly placed outlets and easily scuffed interior door is a no brainer trade-off when one considers overall value and cost.

Great Value
By acura tl on 05/28/08 16:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove Bmw 328 & 335 turned off by small interior space & expensive options (i.e. HID light for $800). Loved the engine, though. If you want sports sedan, go w/ bmw. TL is not a sports sedan, it's sporty, more like a comfortable cruiser & that's what I was looking for in a car. Test drove both regular TL & type s. Thought TL handled better & quieter. Was not too crazy about the rims & taillight treatment on type s & 4 tailpipes (look like some cheap aftermarket replacments, disappointed for 38K+ car). Like I said earlier, if you want a crusier, TL is it. No matter what Acura says as long as it's FWD, never will be a sports sedan but in daily drive, TL is enough for me.

Type S is great!
By jeff on 05/27/08 15:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Type S for a month. There are a lot of nice details I keep finding. Was a bit leery about the "big" engine considering gas has since gone to over $4/gal. So far I notice hardly any difference from my 01 Accord V-6. I only have 1200 miles on the car but am getting 20 MPG around town and 29 on the highway (At 73 MPH). My Honda got 20/30 so I am getting 86 HP for the cost of premium! The only slight negatives are the wide turning circle and the Brembos seem a bit "grabby" when applied. The audio system is almost worth the price alone. I decide not to wait for the 09 as I did not want a bigger car nor a bigger engine.

Love this car!
By wilywop on 05/26/08 06:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 97 Acura which was totally reliable, so I stuck with Acura when I purchased a new car. I am a middle aged woman who really isn't "in" to cars, but this one is just great. Am still working to familiarize myself with the bluetooth and navi; bluetooth is a bit contrary, but my husband says it is operator error. Just took a trip, and using cruise on straight empty TX highway, got 32 mpg! In town is about 22. My only problem is seeing past tall headrests in back, and wide posts dividing windows at side. Have had to reluctantly learn to trust mirrors more. It is so quiet and smooth, I find myself hitting 80 mph before I know it, and have to rein it in.all in all an amazing vehicle.

Best Value
By SteveMN on 05/22/08 14:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Everything about this car is amazing for its price. Standard equipment, styling, performance, fuel efficiency for the power it has, I can go on. However, not quite sure how long this car will last in the Minneapolis MN weather. It is a disaster driving in snow, even with traction control it scares me how much it slides and fusses around. Its quite the handful. I thought I had summer tires on it since I bought in North Carolina, but thats not the case. My prior 03 Type-S did much better in frozen precip.

Worth the money
By D1Money on 05/08/08 10:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had obsessed about the TLsince October 2007. Went back and forth for months. Glad I waited (dealer incentives sealed the deal). Strong pull from the engine in all gears. The TL gets a little aggressive when I Punch it around 40 mph, dropping down one gear too many I think. The last road trip I took saw the tl break the triple digit mph barrier with little trouble, very smooth at 100. Fuel efficency is pretty good for a big v6, it will get close to 30 mpg on the highway. Even though it is the most expensive car I have owned, it is worth money and makes the 45-60 minute commute not that bad.

Awesome Car
By usafsp156 on 04/23/08 12:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my TL just over a week. What a car! My first Acura purchase and couldn't be happier. So far I am getting 25 mpg which better that I had anticipated. The TL rides so smooth and its also very fast. I love its cornering ability. The nav, voice, and blue tooth are perfect.

No Fun To Drive
By Dee on 04/22/08 21:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

There is no joy driving my TL because upon acceleration at 2000 RPMs, it feels very rough like a grinding under the floor. After 2000 RPMs the rough feeling under the floor clears up. I have owned a lot of cars and our two other older vehicles (one of them is a truck and the other a small car) outperform this one. Other annoyances: when It rains and you open the trunk, water jumps the gasket and pours into the trunk space - debris too. There is excess noise when the moonroof is closed and the ceiling partition open when I'm on the freeway. I would like my 2005 TSX back. This is our fourth Acura and probably our last. I should not have to write a review like this.

It's An Acura (YAWN).
By AcuraOwner on 04/16/08 11:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my Lexus 330RX for the Acura TL. Thus far, the car has proven to be a rattle box. Center console rattles. Driver side windows rattle. Have had it back to dealer twice already to fix the problem. Basically, this car makes me miss the luxury and quality of my Lexus and makes me feel Acura is the company for those who cannot afford a Lexus, BMW, or Benz. Plus, in retrospect, I purchased a car whose style has been the same for what seems to be two decades now. It's outdated. At best, I am hopeful this car will be dependable because it's nothing special to drive nor look at.

Owner
By Jim on 04/09/08 20:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2008 TL for 3 months now. In normal city (Houston area) driving I get 22 mpg. On freeway driving, I get 30 mpg - better than rated. I have yet to take it more that 450 consecutive miles on freeways so it may edge down a little but it held at the 30 mpg mark until I got back into Houston rush hour traffic. I like so much about this car, but there are some small irritable things. Power outlets and MP3 jack are not conveniently located. It is difficult to get anything in dash outlet when car is in park. Fuel release is on floor right by door - on door or dash would be better. The front window posts are a bit large which causes some minor obstruction of vision.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.