2008 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Great and underrated
By Chris on 01/24/08 15:22 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my TL after owning a Saab 9-3. The car is exactly what you expect from this type of Acura. This is my third Acura and plan on a new MDX this summer. The one thing that bothers me is that the TL is constantly compared to the Lexus IS, BMW 3-series, Infiniti G35, etc. However the TL is bigger than all of these cars and actually the size of the Lexus GS & M45.

Wow!
By RoswellDad on 01/17/08 16:45 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Where to begin? I can't believe that a $34K car can have so many features and such performance. Driving is fun again (and that's a challenge in Metro Atlanta traffic). The TL is a good-looking sports sedan that wants to go fast. The only drawbacks are that it's rather sluggish at low speeds and the cost of premium fuel (but that's the price you pay to get a decent engine). Incredibly, I'm 54, and this is my first Japanese car, but I don't think it'll be my last.

Exceeding Expectations
By James on 01/17/08 13:09 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is everything my '05 Honda Accord wasn't... smooth lively engine, refined, responsive steeing & handling, high quality interior & exterior, great gas mileage for 258 hp. From the beginning, this car has exceeded my every driving expectations. The only other car I was considering was a used 06 BMW 330i, but with a $10k savings I'm only the wiser (and richer) without any compromises of the BMW! Highly recommended. A totally enjoyable ride!

I hate this Car
By fleurnj on 01/10/08 05:34 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Leased the TL with Nav (White/Taupe) in Dec 07. (24 month lease). After drooling over more expensive cars like the ES350 and Passat 3.6, I finally decided to save some money and go for this outgoing Acura model. I traded in my '04 EX V6 top-of-the-line Accord. I am very disaapointed with the TL. The navigation system in my '04 Accord was far superior than the one in this '08 TL. The TL Nav does not offer a male voice anymore, nor does it have the Trip Computer graphs, or A/C controls on the Nav screen anymore. The ride quality is awful. I HATE the stiff suspension and the extremely bumpy ride. I can feel every little bump and pothole on the road. I wish I could sell this car right away!

Most Bang For Buck Period!
By Rizzo on 01/06/08 13:40 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

You simply cannot get more for the money! You basically have 3 options: Type S or the regular TL with or without nav. To be able to get a sporty, yet luxurious fully loaded sedan with the nav. system for under $36,000 is unheard of. Don't get me wrong, I love the Lexus IS, Infiniti G35 and yes the BMW 3 series, but paying up to an extra $10,000 for some of these other models is just not worth it. It handles well and is just simply fun to drive with a ton of amenities that even make rush hour traffic seem trivial. Seriously, if you're looking for a new ride in this class, you owe it to yourself to check this car out. There has to be a reason for all the great reviews + TLs on the road

Nice TL
By jdr475 on 01/04/08 08:49 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car for my wife at the end of 2007 from a Minivan. Change was well worth it. She loves the TL and it is extremly comfortable and easy to drive. Navigation and Bluetooth are great.

No Doubts about it.
By No Doubts about it on 01/02/08 14:11 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle after owning a 2005 Altima, and this was my best decision that I have made so far in life. I have received so many compliments on the vehicle looks. My husband is constantly wanting to drive me around on the weekends in it. I love the sportiness of it and just the overall luxurious feel of the vehicle. The fact that the car comes standard with alot of luxurious features is a plus. With the right deal you can purchase a luxury line vehicle for about the same price as a Honda Accord Ex-L- V6

Just Awesome
By NJ on 01/01/08 19:52 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The best in its class. Can't be beat in quality, options, ride, and value for price point. Way to go Acura!!

Best Looking Sedan with the price
By TL Fan on 12/30/07 20:35 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I only have less than 600 miles on my 2008 TL and I hate to leave the car alone. It is so much fun to drive this car. Like its name TL (Touring Luxury), you would love to drive the sporty sedan with its build in luxury experience that put you right in the driving mode (not commute mode). Unlike Lexus, Acura TL and BMW series give you the communication with the dirt on the road. If you like to drive on the air (like Toyota with small wheels and big rubber tire), TL is not for you. It is always a hardship to blend luxury with sporty features. Acura TL seamlessly combined them.

All the right stuff
By Frank on 12/23/07 11:09 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Acura, and I must say I love this car. It has everything you'll want and is the best valued sporty, luxury car on the market.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.