Used 2008 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Value, Value, Value
By Scott

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had an 2004, sold it and bought a 2008 after testing the 2009 TL which I liked but could not justify the $9,000 price difference. The 08 feels more sure footed and grippy compared to the 04 and their are better ergonomics inside.

Like the interior lighting. ELS surround sound. Drive by wire acceleration. Simple controls.

Would like some split fold rear seats. Better all season tires.

What more could I ask for
By SirJames

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth TL and I could not be more pleased. I considered the 2009 TL but was not wild about the preview pics and the associated styling (the cost of an end of year vehicle were sweet!). The comments from others are ALWAYS great. The interior and exterior styling as as expected: nice. The mileage is not exceptional but very acceptable.

I greatly enjoy the navigation system. I resisted with my other TLs and now regret that I did not make the plunge. The audio based commands for audio are spot on. The handling is very nice. Bluetooth and the availability of a cassette player still cause me joy.

If there could be more integration of any and not just iPod mp3 player controls, I would be pleased.

Perfect car
By Average comsumer

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Actually the TL is my wifes car but I can tell when she is in love. For her, it is just the right size, has just the right equipment, has just the right amount of power, and behaves/feels like it is part of her. It is a nice looking car without being too flashy.

To whole package is well thought out. Very surprised with mileage 33- 35HWY/25-28 City. Higher than expected but other reviews might have been Type S cars. This non-navigation car has very simple controls so everything is easy to find.

None that are not just personal preferences. Hope the new model keeps same goals.

What a value
By Tim

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We could not be happier with our purchase. Plenty of power, very comfortable seats, awesome sound system. 30 mpg on a recent trip, 22-25 overall. After purchasing an 07 Civic, my wife was impressed with Honda. She traded her beloved SUV. My co-workers don`t believe I have a TL because my wife won`t part with it, even for a day!

Sound system, Bluetooth, great road feel

Very happy I upgraded
By Chas

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

So far the experience has been great! I started looking around at smaller, more fuel efficient models like the Accord and Civic but finally gave in and decided that a little luxury and styling had to be worth something. I really like the handling but my one knock is that it seems to give the slightest vibration at around 60 but then over that it goes away. I'll keep an eye on that but it might just be engine rattle at that rpm. Corners seem to grab and hold like I am not used to and I find myself heading into curves with a bit more confidence. I am very happy that I decided to step up. This a no-brainer over the Accord for me.

By far the Hands Free Link, iPod jack, then styling. Spacious cabin the TL allows four 6 foot guys to travel very comfortably. The ability to get a nicely equipped car without nav. Other models seemed to give the niceties only if you get nav systems

Less vibration at high speed. More chrome on the exterior. The cassette seems like it's using up some prime real estate on the console. I donít care for the faux carbon fiber plastic interior molding. I actually think a wood inset steering wheel and wood trim would make the inside look more refined.