2008 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Owner
By Jim on 04/09/08 20:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2008 TL for 3 months now. In normal city (Houston area) driving I get 22 mpg. On freeway driving, I get 30 mpg - better than rated. I have yet to take it more that 450 consecutive miles on freeways so it may edge down a little but it held at the 30 mpg mark until I got back into Houston rush hour traffic. I like so much about this car, but there are some small irritable things. Power outlets and MP3 jack are not conveniently located. It is difficult to get anything in dash outlet when car is in park. Fuel release is on floor right by door - on door or dash would be better. The front window posts are a bit large which causes some minor obstruction of vision.

My Acura TL after 3 months
By Jim on 03/30/08 20:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent performance. Good mileage in town driving, excellent mileage in highway driving. I really like the interior except the power outlets are not easily accessible. The dash outlet is difficult to use if car is in park and the console outlet is far down inside console. It is an exciting drive and power is more than adequate. I have not noticed the interior rattles others have commented on. Door panels do scuff easily.

Love my TL!!
By HarleyTX on 03/25/08 14:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I was apprehensive about buying a car that would soon be redesigned, but from what spy-photos I've seen, the 09 will not be nearly as handsome. After 15,000 miles, I'm am utterly in love with this car. Faster and more comfortable than my 05 TSX, I've never regretted buying this car. It still looks good, has a great performance/luxury compromise, and is built like a tank. There's is no better car for the money!

Great Car!
By Paul on 03/18/08 17:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for about eight months, and so far, it's the best car I've owned. Love the v-tech and power, while the interior seats are very comfortable and accommodating. I can't stress enough how good a value this car is for the features it offers, and the fuel economy is also commendable for its size and engine. I only wish Acura could have invested a little bit more detail and care for interior build quality, as there are some squeaks and rattles, and my shoes easily scuff the the bottom of the door panels. Overall, I love this car!

Great value
By Scott@Columbia on 03/18/08 10:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very happy with this car. Ride is a nice balance of firm but pleasant. It is a quiet car and the engine is only heard under hard acceleration (and the noise is pleasing). Great interior layout with sharp exterior styling. All the features you could want at a nice price. Engine is peppy and responsive, well-suited to the car. This car is the perfect balance of practical, fun, affordable and well-equipped.

What a car!
By henry on 03/13/08 17:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This Acura TL is a step up from a fully-loaded 2003 Accord V6 that I previously drove, and wife continues to love it despite 320,000 km on it (bought it brand new!). So far, I've had very little regret from choosing it over Audi A4 and Lexus IS 250. The car drives beautifully, esp. on the highway! This car gets the most bang for your bucks!

Good Value
By firebird on 03/09/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

For the great lease you can not beat the value of this car, lots of options that cost extra or cannot get on other cars. The ride is a little on the stiff side especially when temps are below 30 degrees.

TL is a great car
By nacho2 on 03/02/08 09:29 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the car for under a week, no complaints at all.The car is an automatic and drives very smooth. I would recommend this car to anyone comparing it to a Lexus or a Mercedes. Apart from value of the vehicle, Acura offers reliability.

Nice Car - Rides like a Honda
By John S on 02/03/08 12:41 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I downgraded from a 2005 BMW 5-Series sedan because I needed a cheaper ride at this point in my life. This car is handsome, well built, and chock full of extras that cost at least $10K in the BMW 328xi that I was considering.

2nd TL
By SeymourClearly on 01/31/08 13:39 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd TL. My previous TL was an '06, same base model. I grew up in an automotive family and have more automotive knowledge than most owners. My last couple of cars were a Porsche 944, an SHO, Maxima SE, a Lexis IS and a TSX. (Our other car is a Highlander AWD.) Simply the TL is the most satisfying car I have owned. The drive, the comfort, the reliability and relative economy of ownership are exceptional! The car does it all. It's a great highway cruiser - comfortable for four adults although a little tight in the back, responsive on a winding road and very quiet unless you jack up the fabulous audio system. Best bang for the buck!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.