Used 2008 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Problems with Acura
By sjb7

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a new (25 miles on it) 2008 Acura TL in early December. After driving the car for two weeks and 2000 miles the cam shaft seized and required 20 days of repair time. Understanding that this is not common at all I asked Acura for a replacement and they tried to get me to agree to an extended warranty and to wash their hands of liability. Acura has been terrible to work with and this is my first and last Acura solely because of how I have been treated. If you are in the market for a new car please consider all your options and keep in mind that Acura will not help you if you are sold a car with problems.

We love the looks of our Acura.

Acura needs to consider customer service and appreciation. They do not care about you after you buy a car from them.

Love the TL
By Daniel

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I drove a 2005 Honda Accord V6 before the TL and was so happy with the performance and reliability that I had to stay in the Honda family. There was a little buyers remorse b/c I didn't feel comfortable spending this amount of money on a car but I can honestly say I am very happy with the 08 TL. This car rides smooth and I love the interior. The navigation is wonderful with all its capabilities and voice recognition works pretty well. And, best of all the resell value is great for these cars. If I have one complaint it would be the rattles from the interior... they come and go as they please. But, I can deal with it if this is all I am unhappy about.

Hard to beat
By Mark in Tulsa

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car is hard to beat. I compared it with a wide variety of cars, the Jetta, BMW 328i, Lexus RX330, Infiniti G35, and Honda Accord. I kept coming back to this one as the standard. It met all my expectations and the value is definitely there. It's not the most exciting car, but it's very handsome, and it suits my driving style just fine. The ride is nice, I love the nav and reverse camera, and the interior is gorgeous. I think there are a few problems with rattles, but other than that, it's hard to find fault.

I highly recommend getting the navigation. It completely changes the character of the car. I also like the fit and finish quality of the interior.

I don't like the way the trip odo, trip computer, tire pressure gauge, outside temp, etc. are all combined into one display, so you have to thumb thru the menus to get to whatever you want to see. I think outside temperature needs a permanent display. Also, there are more rattles than I expected.

2008 TL w/ Navi
By JerseyGal

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the car for about 2 months now and so far so good. Overall, I'm very impressed. The ride is smooth, it handles curves well, and the tech package is extremely fun. I am having a problem getting my garage door opener connected to the rear view mirror. Additionally, the moment it gets cold my tire pressure lights come on.

Bluetooth, heated seats, back up camera, space, moon roof.

Fuel efficiency, it would be nice if the side mirrors automatically folded in, placement of the navi screen on the dash board.

Great car. Worth every buck
By Sid

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in Sep '08 and I love this car. It is worth every buck for all the features that come standard with the car. Gas mileage is great for a 3.2L V6. I get 33 mpg highway and 19-24 mpg city. The sound system is really good. Interiors are well crafted. The only con would be slight rattle at low speeds, but no biggie, I can live with it for everything else it offers.

Voice recognition, sound system, interiors, and comfortable ride.

Slight rattles inside the car.