2008 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Very happy I upgraded
By Chas on 08/04/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

So far the experience has been great! I started looking around at smaller, more fuel efficient models like the Accord and Civic but finally gave in and decided that a little luxury and styling had to be worth something. I really like the handling but my one knock is that it seems to give the slightest vibration at around 60 but then over that it goes away. I'll keep an eye on that but it might just be engine rattle at that rpm. Corners seem to grab and hold like I am not used to and I find myself heading into curves with a bit more confidence. I am very happy that I decided to step up. This a no-brainer over the Accord for me.

Buy this car!
By I Love this Car! on 08/03/08 18:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a TL but I wanted to stand out from the crowd of other TL owners so I bought the TL-S with the aero body kit installed and it looks great. I'm getting 22 mpg city on 87 octane. I tried the 91 oct but I can't tell the difference on 2 tanks so I went back to 87 and it's just fine. Love the nav system, I'd be so lost w/out it plus its a fun toy and great for resale when(if) I sell it. Not a rocket ship but has plenty of power for city driving and has the Honda reliability, fit and finish. It loaded with options that would cost thousands more with BMW, Lexus, Audi and Merc. Why pay more??

Great car
By Tim on 07/24/08 11:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, handles well, good acceleration and fun to drive. Very sporty and comfortable. Has all the bell and whistles one could want.

First Acura/Honda Purchase
By TMac on 07/21/08 10:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at many cars before buying this one. Mine is Bronze-Graphite with the charcoal/black interior. I traded in a Porsche and VW Jetta for the one TL-S, and feel it was a good decision. Performance is great, and for the price, what a deal!! It's faster than my 2000 Boxster, and I expect the reliability to be second to none. I just drove from Ft Worth to Houston, and got 30 mpg on the interstate with the cruise at 68. My in-town mixed driving delivers 22.5 mpg, and I drive fairly aggressive. Handling is great for a car of this type, and the fit and finish is as good as I have seen on any car. Interior is very sporty, but still luxurious. Style of Merc AMG or BMW-M Type for much less money

2008 Acura TL-S Auto
By Howie - NJ on 07/13/08 10:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After researching several makes, Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, MB, etc., I purchased my TL-S in silver about one month ago. I wanted a 6 speed but they were hard to find so I took an automatic. I'm still getting used to driving the auto as well as front wheel drive after driving all wheel drive Audis for the last 8 years. Overall this car is great, no complaints so far. I love the styling of the interior and exterior and the gas mileage for an engine this size has been surprisingly good. On a recent trip (600 miles round trip) I averaged 33 mpg! This car offered by far the best bang for the buck.

Impressive
By Bonsai77 on 07/12/08 22:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

For a base level sedan (w/navi) Acura certainly packs in the features. Voice recognition, rear view camera, GPS w/ real-time traffic option, sequential sport shifting. Low torque is the only drawback - though it's not enough to impede a speedy freeway entry or over-taking. The manual shifting more than compensates. General fit and finish - though well done - could use a little more of a solid feeling and refinement. Overall - very happy with the purchase.

Nice Ride
By WCM on 07/11/08 21:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is not perfect, but I love it. I like the driving/handling of the car. It feels tightly gripped to the road; pretty sturdy on turns. I've been averaging about 15-17 mpg in the city. This car likes to be driven out on the open road and highway, not stopping/starting, going over speed bumps, etc. I can't wait to take it out of the city to see what it can do. Love the on-board computer. Comfortable interior, too. Gadgets/ergonometry is not too hard to figure out, per editor's knock on this item. I would take this car over its competitors, a BMW or Lexus, any day of the week. Good value. Can't help but turn around and look at it, great styling.

2008 Acura TL
By john saltonstall on 07/06/08 09:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at Infiniti, BMW and Lexus before buying the Acura. They all have pros and cons. The value of the Acura is outstanding and the fit and finish is excellent. The 3.2l engine has plenty of power for my needs and the gas mileage is excellent on highway driving. The cabin is very quiet and the ride is smooth but not as cushy as the Lexus.

Excellent Purchase
By CRPoore on 07/03/08 19:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven full and mid sized SUVs for years, but missed the fun of a bit of a "performance car" but still have a family now, so a 2 seater or 2 + 2 was out of the question. This is a great blend of functionality, luxury and performance. The list of standard features is staggering. When you compare this to a 3 series BMW you will find 40K plus to get close to the standard equipment on the TL, and that is with BMW's standard "leatherette" interior without upgrade. Yes, for those who have not researched it, real leather is NOT standard on a 3 series, you pay about $1,500 to get it. Now, at the very high end, BMW gets the performance nod, but for the average commuter, this is a win

Expected better!
By Bae on 07/03/08 09:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove 1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe for 15 years, 400,000 miles. and I traded in for this '08 Acura TL. I really liked the accord and it gave me no pain. But this TL has been proven to be a Rattle box. It makes rattling sound almost everywhere. I went in to the dealer about 4 times in one month starting 2 days after purchasing the car and stayed at the dealer for 2 weeks total in the first month. The first, sunroof problems and engine check light on and drive light blinking not shifting from 3rd to 4th gear, etc. It wasted a lot of my time and gave me so much stress. And all they gave me was the extended warranty. After the first month, I had to keep going back to dealer

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.