2008 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Quiet Confidence/ Lovin every minute!!
By Dookie on 11/10/08 06:58 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded 94 Legend for the Carbon Bronze 2008 TL/S. The TL/S same or better features than Niss/BMW for less $$. The 3.5 gets the TL/S moving quickly & oversize brakes offer smooth braking. Cruising at 70mph is the norm as one doesn't recognize the "speed" so pay attention. Quiet cabin, heated seats/mirrors, nav, XM, reverse cam, CD, DVD, smooth yet firm ride, great acceleration, takes curves like a slot-car. Speeds > 100mph, smooth & silky w/no vibration. Driving this auto since 12/2007, its once again FUN TO DRIVE! Absolutely love it!

What more could I ask for
By SirJames on 11/09/08 15:33 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth TL and I could not be more pleased. I considered the 2009 TL but was not wild about the preview pics and the associated styling (the cost of an end of year vehicle were sweet!). The comments from others are ALWAYS great. The interior and exterior styling as as expected: nice. The mileage is not exceptional but very acceptable.

Perfect car
By Average comsumer on 10/30/08 08:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Actually the TL is my wifes car but I can tell when she is in love. For her, it is just the right size, has just the right equipment, has just the right amount of power, and behaves/feels like it is part of her. It is a nice looking car without being too flashy.

Cool car, as I expected
By stever469 on 10/20/08 18:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I first saw the 2008 model at the Chicago Auto Show and fell in love. I wanted the Nighthawk Black Pearl, but ended up with Kinetic Blue Pearl with the dark Type S wheels. I love the way it looks and especially the way it drives! Lots of power, friendly operation, awesome stereo system, I can't say enough about this car. Most people ask me "who owns that fancy car"?. My answer, "that would be me".

Love this car!
By Mike on 10/03/08 19:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Evaluated vs. the 2009 Audi A4 and G35xs. This car isn't as sporty as the G35 but more than the A4. It isn't as luxurious as the A4 but more than the G35. Perfect for my less than 20 mile commute. Gas mileage better than advertised. Extremely comfortable seats. Plenty of room for 6' plus. GPS easy to use. Voice commands a little hard to get used too. Excellent handling in the rain, up hills. Great acceleration. Plenty of backseat space. IPod plug in fine but no on screen controls not great.

Acura TL-S
By Dirt Racer on 09/15/08 04:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at a lot of different cars including the Infiniti G35, Audi A4, Lexus IS 350 but found the Acura TL-S to be all I wanted at a great value for the price. It has great performance and handling, a great nav and audio system, comfortable interior, good styling and quality. It is just fun to drive.

What a value
By Tim on 08/27/08 19:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We could not be happier with our purchase. Plenty of power, very comfortable seats, awesome sound system. 30 mpg on a recent trip, 22-25 overall. After purchasing an 07 Civic, my wife was impressed with Honda. She traded her beloved SUV. My co-workers don`t believe I have a TL because my wife won`t part with it, even for a day!

Versatile, attitude, hi mileage(?)
By bbence on 08/24/08 21:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The car performs at your pleasure: it can give you speed, power, comfort, great directions (w/ navi), decent handling, and amazing mileage. Even with a few moments of pedal to the medal, I have been averaging between 31 and 32 mpg, albeit mostly highway miles. Front end torque is minimal unless you accelerate while making a sharp turn. The 6-speed is very smooth, energizing, and lets you drive the car the way it should be.

08 Acura TL-S
By Rob on 08/07/08 04:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was leaning toward the base TL with Navi, but after test-driving both the base TL and the S it was all over. I drove the S first and the base TL really lacked the torque off the line. This is a great commuter car, comfortable yet sporty. I have the Crystal White Pearl with the Ebony/Silver Interior. I get compliments on the exterior color with its iridescence. I have about 900 miles on it now and the trip computer is telling me that for the past 650 miles (reset this after the initial tank of gas from the dealer) my MPG are 26! My commute is mixed city/highway (Philadelphia to NW Suburbs, 27 miles one-way).

Very happy - overall a great purchase
By Nate H. on 08/06/08 13:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2008 Acura TL Type S in April. 4 months later I am still very happy. Excellent acceleration and the gas mileage is surprisingly good. I've been averaging 27 mpg with city/hwy combined. Luxury and sport nicely combined. The TL offers more leg room for rear passengers than the IS 250 and G35. I wish the back seats were capable of folding down for my random stops at Lowes and Home Depot. The doors are hard to keep open while exiting but I will survive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.