2008 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Value, Value, Value
By Scott on 11/17/08 10:49 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had an 2004, sold it and bought a 2008 after testing the 2009 TL which I liked but could not justify the $9,000 price difference. The 08 feels more sure footed and grippy compared to the 04 and their are better ergonomics inside.

What more could I ask for
By SirJames on 11/09/08 15:33 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth TL and I could not be more pleased. I considered the 2009 TL but was not wild about the preview pics and the associated styling (the cost of an end of year vehicle were sweet!). The comments from others are ALWAYS great. The interior and exterior styling as as expected: nice. The mileage is not exceptional but very acceptable.

Perfect car
By Average comsumer on 10/30/08 08:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Actually the TL is my wifes car but I can tell when she is in love. For her, it is just the right size, has just the right equipment, has just the right amount of power, and behaves/feels like it is part of her. It is a nice looking car without being too flashy.

What a value
By Tim on 08/27/08 19:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We could not be happier with our purchase. Plenty of power, very comfortable seats, awesome sound system. 30 mpg on a recent trip, 22-25 overall. After purchasing an 07 Civic, my wife was impressed with Honda. She traded her beloved SUV. My co-workers don`t believe I have a TL because my wife won`t part with it, even for a day!

Very happy I upgraded
By Chas on 08/04/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

So far the experience has been great! I started looking around at smaller, more fuel efficient models like the Accord and Civic but finally gave in and decided that a little luxury and styling had to be worth something. I really like the handling but my one knock is that it seems to give the slightest vibration at around 60 but then over that it goes away. I'll keep an eye on that but it might just be engine rattle at that rpm. Corners seem to grab and hold like I am not used to and I find myself heading into curves with a bit more confidence. I am very happy that I decided to step up. This a no-brainer over the Accord for me.

Great car
By Tim on 07/24/08 11:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, handles well, good acceleration and fun to drive. Very sporty and comfortable. Has all the bell and whistles one could want.

Impressive
By Bonsai77 on 07/12/08 22:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

For a base level sedan (w/navi) Acura certainly packs in the features. Voice recognition, rear view camera, GPS w/ real-time traffic option, sequential sport shifting. Low torque is the only drawback - though it's not enough to impede a speedy freeway entry or over-taking. The manual shifting more than compensates. General fit and finish - though well done - could use a little more of a solid feeling and refinement. Overall - very happy with the purchase.

Nice Ride
By WCM on 07/11/08 21:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is not perfect, but I love it. I like the driving/handling of the car. It feels tightly gripped to the road; pretty sturdy on turns. I've been averaging about 15-17 mpg in the city. This car likes to be driven out on the open road and highway, not stopping/starting, going over speed bumps, etc. I can't wait to take it out of the city to see what it can do. Love the on-board computer. Comfortable interior, too. Gadgets/ergonometry is not too hard to figure out, per editor's knock on this item. I would take this car over its competitors, a BMW or Lexus, any day of the week. Good value. Can't help but turn around and look at it, great styling.

2008 Acura TL
By john saltonstall on 07/06/08 09:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at Infiniti, BMW and Lexus before buying the Acura. They all have pros and cons. The value of the Acura is outstanding and the fit and finish is excellent. The 3.2l engine has plenty of power for my needs and the gas mileage is excellent on highway driving. The cabin is very quiet and the ride is smooth but not as cushy as the Lexus.

Excellent Purchase
By CRPoore on 07/03/08 19:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven full and mid sized SUVs for years, but missed the fun of a bit of a "performance car" but still have a family now, so a 2 seater or 2 + 2 was out of the question. This is a great blend of functionality, luxury and performance. The list of standard features is staggering. When you compare this to a 3 series BMW you will find 40K plus to get close to the standard equipment on the TL, and that is with BMW's standard "leatherette" interior without upgrade. Yes, for those who have not researched it, real leather is NOT standard on a 3 series, you pay about $1,500 to get it. Now, at the very high end, BMW gets the performance nod, but for the average commuter, this is a win

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Acura TL Sedan in VA is:

$117 per month*