2008 Acura TL-S Auto
By Howie - NJ on
2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
After researching several makes, Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, MB, etc., I purchased my TL-S in silver about one month ago. I wanted a 6 speed but they were hard to find so I took an automatic. I'm still getting used to driving the auto as well as front wheel drive after driving all wheel drive Audis for the last 8 years. Overall this car is great, no complaints so far. I love the styling of the interior and exterior and the gas mileage for an engine this size has been surprisingly good. On a recent trip (600 miles round trip) I averaged 33 mpg! This car offered by far the best bang for the buck.
Favorite Features
You gotta love the styling touches on the S type, quad exhaust, two tone seats (mine are black/silver), sport pedals, paddle shifters. The navigation works really well and audio features are great. Price of car was hard to beat with the incentives offered.
Suggested Improvements
Not too much to complain about but the placement of the audio auxiliary jack for iPod, etc in the bottom of arm rest makes it very hard to reach. Also, why bother to include a tape player? Does anyone use them anymore? I also think the back-up camera is a bit of an overkill.