2008 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Good Car
By Kendra on 06/07/10 09:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

When it rains, water barely touches the side windows. But if you crack the window to smoke, water pours into the car, all over you, the door, everything, even if it's only sprinkling or misting rain. Taken the car across the country on 1000+ mile trips 4 times. The console is so small and poorly designed, nothing that can stored there or reached. If you ever drop something between the console and the seat, it's gone forever unless you have very small arms or hands. Hope you don't drop anything valuable, like your wedding ring! Great navigation system. Great drive. 35 miles per gallon across country at 75 MPH. Sound system good enough. Passenger seat gets uncomfortable on long drives.

Fix the Seats
By Sandra on 05/21/10 09:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Very uncomfortable for a long drive. Seats feel ok on short trips but on long trips they create backaches. Lumbar support is not positioned correctly and seats are not long enough to support the knees. Sit cushioning also needs adjusting. Suggest you check out the seating in a Lexus ES 350 for how it should be done especially the 2009 version.

Great Car
By Tom on 03/27/10 19:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Sold 04 TL for this. Drive the Chicago freeways 74 miles per day. Fantastic road quality, exceptional nav system. This car has plenty of power and looks ten times better than the 09 and 10 model. In the time I have had 2 TLs, I have never had ANY mechanical problems of any kind. This is a fabulous car for the the money considering looks and features. The Type-S is not worth the extra money to me because the wheels are ugly beyond comprehension.

You can't go home again...
By ManyRegrets on 01/27/10 18:30 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I fondly remember my 1989 Acura Legend, which I loved for 10 years. After years of other less expensive vehicles, I was excited to purchase a 2008 TL. After 3 months, the power steering & the carpet (from the leaking power steering fluid) had to be replaced. Since that time, it is very difficult to steer, especially when turning corners or backing out of parking spaces & the acceleration is disappointing. The dealership's service dept. maintains that it drives "beautifully", exactly the way a TL of its age should handle. My son's 2006 Accord with 100k miles handles better. I will trade it in as soon as I can afford to take the loss, but no more Acuras for me.

Very Good for FWD
By Mike M. on 01/07/10 13:33 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Reliable, pretty good looking,brakes modulate well, steering is well weighted, but understeers like FWD always does. good engine, needs 50 more hp. Excellent highway cruiser. Got 31 mpg at 70 mph on long trip.

Italian Styling + Japanese Reliability
By CarAddict on 11/26/09 14:11 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In addition to Honda's reliability, the other main reason why I bought this car is that I think Honda really did a great job styling the exterior of the TL. I really like the beautiful styling touches such as the character lines that run across the sides of the car. The 2008 TL styling is elegant and understated, unlike the new 2009 TL which I thought is too loud for my taste with the oversized grill in the front and chrome strip on the trunk. However, the sleek styling does result in poor rearward visibility for the TL. Having driven a Acura Integra for the last 20 years, this is probably the biggest thing I have to adopt in my new TL. Both the B and the C pillars on the TL are very wide!

Very Displeased with Acura
By dissapacuraownr on 08/11/09 07:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I Purchased my new 2008 Acura Tl in July of 08. Loved the design and features. First issue with car - tire vibration at 50-60 mph. Performance Acura could not fix. Said it is normal for the car to shimmy. 3000k developed a timing belt chirp/chatter at idle. Acura service bulletin for timing belt issue -kept car for 2 weeks -did not fix noise. Now a 18000k still have timing belt noise now with loud whine during acceleration above 3k rpm. After 1 year of ownership dashboard has faded light grey/whitish from black. Hesitates in hot weather. Full of rattles. Have met Acura regional rep - no resolve. They do their best to ignore me. Warranty is useless.

Solid Car
By mtlpa on 07/22/09 10:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Basically bought this car from the inside out. Compared to 330i, Audi A4 and felt the TL was a better value and much more spacious. After a year there have been no defects to speak of, so quite satisfied with build quality. Performance is quite good although torque steer is evident under hard acceleration. Ergonomics are excellent and runs fantastic on the highway. Manual mode transmission is a little disappointing as it does not force the transmission into quicker gear shifts.

Not pretty, not bad, just ok
By jfinley on 07/21/09 11:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Not bad is as good as this car gets. I love the ride and features for the money. The gas mileage is great. Unfortunately, I have an electrical problem that seems to be undiagnosable and continues to plague my car. The torque steering is an issue with this car, but overcome with a little driving skill. I would prefer folding rear seats and better tires form the manufacturer, but pretty average overall. However, the value compared to its competition, was amazing. Many features for the money.

08 TL Type S
By Happy Type S owner on 07/14/09 10:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my TL-S for a year and a half and have 13K miles on it. Overall a great car. I get 19-20 in the city and 30-32 on the highway at 72 MPH. Good suspension and great surround sound. Minor issues: fold down rear seat would be good, the trunk is so well finished there is no point to tie it down. Rain rolls off the roof onto the driver's seat when you open the door. No good CD case holder in the car. Passenger seat height adjustment would be nice. As you can see my issues are minor. I got 86 more HP than my 01 Accord for the price of 91 octane and with no real mileage penalty. Had considered a G35 but did not want RWD in the snow and the MPG was much higher for the Acura.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.