2008 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Great Car!!!!!
By PaulS on 12/02/07 07:00 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the TL Type S auto and love the car. Narrowed down my search to the G35 and TL. Final decision was based on convenience of the dealership and the fact that I love everything about the car. The ride is firm with a ton of power (286 hp) under the hood. The interior has all the conveniences and then some like the real-time traffic nav system, XM radio and Bluetooth. The interior quality is top notch. Love the exterior and I think the TL has a unique look unlike a lot of the other models.

Discreet Hot-Rod
By Bruce on 10/08/07 11:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Almost 2 months of ownership, 1500 miles and I'm still in love. I was going to purchase the '08 335i (drove sedan/coupe) - as a fluke (just happened to be at the dealership with a friend) I drove the TL Type S and bought the car the next day (no comparison to the BMW). The growl of the quad exhaust is hot. The car looks a bit demure but hit the gas and watch out! Everyone loves it. As most here, I also got the Carbon Bronze Pearl and think that color suits the darker rims very well. I'm very glad I decided to take a test drive that day. I also drove the car with an auto transmission and like the automatic better (the second auto I've ever owned).

Can't believe what I drive everyday
By amazed on 09/26/07 18:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I got more than 2000 miles on my new TL and I cannot believe that I actually drive this car to work everyday. Take it from a dealership parking lot to downtown and watch reflections of yourself. When you open the door, it whispers (not screams) luxury! I love all the features: seat memory settings, hands-free link, navigation, dual climate, sound system. Driving is very smooth and comfortable and, if you want, very sporty as well. Perfect balance. You can drive your mother in law in a limo and your friends in a sports car all in the same vehicle. Driving in the heavy rain, passing 18-wheelers, up the hill in curvy road, all of it is pure driving passion. MPG is OK, 28/23 so far.

More of the same from Acura - Excellence
By Tony on 09/23/07 19:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fifth Acura. I traded in a 2005 TL for the new 2008 S-Type. The car is built like a vault with great handling and performance. The bronze metallic exterior with taupe interior is a knockout. Standard amenities, such as the nav system, are nothing short of luxurious. I found the standard bronze wheels very unattractive and insisted they be swapped with the standard issue wheels, and this was a huge improvement. Acura continues to provide an excellent product at a reasonable price.

Superb Car
By Rich on 09/09/07 18:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura; I came from owning Toyotas and Hondas (a minivan from each). One thing I loved about the Acura (and the Honda I have owned) is that they don't nickel and dime you on options; the car simply has what you want on it standard from the factory.

It's perfect so far!
By William Carter on 08/17/07 09:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. I was driving a 2000 BMW 328 (my third one) and the second I test drove this car, I put my BMW up for sale. My 328 sold and I picked up my new Acura on Sat, Aug 11th. First the car handles amazingly well for a car that is quite a bit larger than the BMW. The TL S type has an amazing engine with more than enough power. The interior is beautiful to look at with the two tone leather seats and sharp accents. My cool younger friends and my 18 year old nephew raved about this car and both the exterior and interior. Everybody seems to like it. I got the bronze color which looks amazing with the rims. I love everything about this car!

Great Car So Far!
By Eric on 08/14/07 05:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

So far this car is great. I got the Carbon Bronze Pearl, and it is a real looker. I'm a little disappointed with the gas mileage so far, as I'm coming from a 4 cylinder Honda Accord. I've put about 100 miles on it and it seems I've gone through about 1/3 of a tank of gas already. Although the "full" tank came from the dealership, so who knows how full it really was?

Best Acura
By acura` on 08/01/07 13:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Handles better than the BMW, more reliable than the G and sexier than the IS. Great car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.