2008 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Acura TL Type-S is a MONSTER!!
By vegasrph on 12/27/07 17:49 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ok. This car likes to go fast, very fast. It feels very secure, but she likes to "boogie"!! I test drove a lot of cars before leasing the TL-S and I have to say, I made the right choice. Fuel economy isn't bad, isn't great either. So far I am averaging 20mpg, but for a car that has 286HP and F-1 style paddle shifters, its not bad. :) The car has room for 4/5 adults and golf clubs, plus it MOVES down the road with a lot of autority. The exhaust note is seductive, NAV is awesome, paddle shifters are sweet, handling is secure and often feels neutral, very much a "sleeper" on the street and easy to blow the doors off a BMW/Lexus/MB and give you a grin ear to ear. Get one, you will LOVE IT! :)

All the right stuff
By Frank on 12/23/07 11:09 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Acura, and I must say I love this car. It has everything you'll want and is the best valued sporty, luxury car on the market.

Type-S is a FANTASTIC RIDE!!
By vegasrph on 12/22/07 19:30 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wow. Where do I begin? Well, coming from a BMW 325i all I can say is wow! What a difference!! The Acura is actually more fun to drive, has more room, you get the "all-inclusive" package when you get the Type-S vs BMW everything is "a la carte". So far I have only 300 miles on my Type-S, but I LOVE IT!! My first, second and third test drives were all very fun. I was able to "push" the test cars very hard and every time I left the dealer, I had a huge smile. The Acuralink NAV is amazing, seriously. This car can do it all! Very impressed with road noise suppression and overall ride. This car is FAST and NIMBLE without loosening your tooth fillings :)

Top Value
By Daniel on 12/19/07 21:18 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This Car is the best value on the road. From the reliability to the performance. Also, the interior finishes are top notch. Do yourself a favor and sit in this car if you are in the market for a four door sedan... you will by this car

A Fun and Comfortable Ride
By kkrtrek on 12/14/07 00:35 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in our 10-month old Civic for the TL because the tall driver (me) could not get comfortable in the driver's seat. Otherwise, the Civic was the perfect car. The TL solved the comfort problem with very comfortable, adjustable seats. It is fun to drive, easy to handle, and just an all around "nice car." Was looking for a somewhat sporty sedan for the family of three. Neither the wife nor I wanted the soft ride of a Camry or a Lexus(?), nor the harsh ride of a true sports car. For us, the TL hit the sweet spot in the middle. Still getting used to the "luxury" aspects of owning this car.

Not 100% Pleased
By Alex Lee on 12/12/07 05:06 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Low end torque is not as good as i had hoped. above 2500 rpm the car moves well. The manual side on the 5A is sluggish, upshifts are not crisp. The engine has some noticeable vibrations at 1500 rpm, 2000 rpm and 4000 rpm. The 2000 rpm point is most noticeable at takeoff, it is felt in the steering wheel and foot pedals.

Nothing Like It
By Highway Star on 12/11/07 19:21 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The commute was never so short! I drive about 500 miles a week and need a car that is safe and responsive. The TL Type-S has got to be the best value of any car on the road today. All the reviews compare it with cars that are much more expensive with the same equipment. For me, the nav traffic and voice-activated everything is key since you can keep focused on the road and not the controls. The Brembo brakes and tuned suspension gives you a level of confidence that keeps you sharp. I drove the Moroccan Red as a demo and bought the same car a month later. Great comments from everyone - the contrasting dark wheels and body accents put it in a class by itself. One awesome ride!

Never Looking Back
By Acura Girl For Life on 12/10/07 07:49 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I came from driving a Honda Civic (4 cylinders) to the beautifully sleek Acura TL. My best friend and I instantly fell in the love with the sexy body and outstanding features. She has the white diamond pearl with parchment interior and i have the nighthawk black pearl with ebony interior. I wanted the Navigation system but was presented with a pricing offer that was too good to pass up so I went w/o. Even though I know it is not the same, I can always buy one.

Excellent Balance of Comfort and Power
By HardtoPlease on 12/09/07 19:19 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

No perfect care exists, but the 2008 TL Type S comes close for an attainable price. The vehicle is an excellent blend of power, handling, and interior refinement. A comparable BMW would be significantly more expensive. The competitor vehicles, such as the G35 and the IS350 are good cars but lack the professional finish seen in Acura vehicles. After a week of ownership, there are no visible flaws. The voice command feature of the DVD-navigation system does take some time to learn and perfect.

Love this car
By Treetop Flyer on 12/02/07 10:41 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a 2004 F150 supercrew which we really liked. We were looking for a sporty sedan with better mileage than the 14mpg we were getting with the truck. Went to the Seattle Auto Show and we liked three models. The first two dealers we went to didn't have the model we liked in stock. Then we went to our local Acura dealer and it was all over. We didn't want the test drive to end. We bought this car for better mileage and good looks and good handling. We averaged 22mpg on our first two tanks of gas; some highway and some city driving.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.