Used 2008 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Love this car!
By Mike

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Evaluated vs. the 2009 Audi A4 and G35xs. This car isn't as sporty as the G35 but more than the A4. It isn't as luxurious as the A4 but more than the G35. Perfect for my less than 20 mile commute. Gas mileage better than advertised. Extremely comfortable seats. Plenty of room for 6' plus. GPS easy to use. Voice commands a little hard to get used too. Excellent handling in the rain, up hills. Great acceleration. Plenty of backseat space. IPod plug in fine but no on screen controls not great.

Styling, extras such as lights on sides, inside lighting nice touch. GPS, XM radio, fog lights, wheels!

IPod controls

Acura TL-S
By Dirt Racer

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at a lot of different cars including the Infiniti G35, Audi A4, Lexus IS 350 but found the Acura TL-S to be all I wanted at a great value for the price. It has great performance and handling, a great nav and audio system, comfortable interior, good styling and quality. It is just fun to drive.

1. Nav and audio systems 2. Engine and handling, esp F1 paddles 3. Great value for the price 4. Comfortable seats

The Type-S has good horsepower but of course I would like more

What a value
By Tim

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We could not be happier with our purchase. Plenty of power, very comfortable seats, awesome sound system. 30 mpg on a recent trip, 22-25 overall. After purchasing an 07 Civic, my wife was impressed with Honda. She traded her beloved SUV. My co-workers don`t believe I have a TL because my wife won`t part with it, even for a day!

Sound system, Bluetooth, great road feel

Versatile, attitude, hi mileage(?)
By bbence

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The car performs at your pleasure: it can give you speed, power, comfort, great directions (w/ navi), decent handling, and amazing mileage. Even with a few moments of pedal to the medal, I have been averaging between 31 and 32 mpg, albeit mostly highway miles. Front end torque is minimal unless you accelerate while making a sharp turn. The 6-speed is very smooth, energizing, and lets you drive the car the way it should be.

6-sp manual; mileage when going to church; black color; great response when you need power to pass; classy look; the best navigation in the business.

Improve the bluetooth; all-wheel drive option; free XM radio for 1 year; add a few inches to the trunk to more easily accommodate golf clubs; change to chrome wheels for the type-S; add a 7th gear for cruising (current the 6th gear of type-S is over 2,000 rpm at 60 mph).

08 Acura TL-S
By Rob

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was leaning toward the base TL with Navi, but after test-driving both the base TL and the S it was all over. I drove the S first and the base TL really lacked the torque off the line. This is a great commuter car, comfortable yet sporty. I have the Crystal White Pearl with the Ebony/Silver Interior. I get compliments on the exterior color with its iridescence. I have about 900 miles on it now and the trip computer is telling me that for the past 650 miles (reset this after the initial tank of gas from the dealer) my MPG are 26! My commute is mixed city/highway (Philadelphia to NW Suburbs, 27 miles one-way).

Traffic monitor saves me time going home. Engine growls when you want it to. Cabin is a vault with windows up, I barely hear vehicles along side the car.

Fold down rear seats. Cooled from seats. Blind spot monitoring system.