Used 2008 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

What more could I ask for
By SirJames

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth TL and I could not be more pleased. I considered the 2009 TL but was not wild about the preview pics and the associated styling (the cost of an end of year vehicle were sweet!). The comments from others are ALWAYS great. The interior and exterior styling as as expected: nice. The mileage is not exceptional but very acceptable.

I greatly enjoy the navigation system. I resisted with my other TLs and now regret that I did not make the plunge. The audio based commands for audio are spot on. The handling is very nice. Bluetooth and the availability of a cassette player still cause me joy.

If there could be more integration of any and not just iPod mp3 player controls, I would be pleased.

Perfect car
By Average comsumer

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Actually the TL is my wifes car but I can tell when she is in love. For her, it is just the right size, has just the right equipment, has just the right amount of power, and behaves/feels like it is part of her. It is a nice looking car without being too flashy.

To whole package is well thought out. Very surprised with mileage 33- 35HWY/25-28 City. Higher than expected but other reviews might have been Type S cars. This non-navigation car has very simple controls so everything is easy to find.

None that are not just personal preferences. Hope the new model keeps same goals.

Cool car, as I expected
By stever469

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I first saw the 2008 model at the Chicago Auto Show and fell in love. I wanted the Nighthawk Black Pearl, but ended up with Kinetic Blue Pearl with the dark Type S wheels. I love the way it looks and especially the way it drives! Lots of power, friendly operation, awesome stereo system, I can't say enough about this car. Most people ask me "who owns that fancy car"?. My answer, "that would be me".

Everything!

Can't think of anything, maybe AWD.

Love this car!
By Mike

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Evaluated vs. the 2009 Audi A4 and G35xs. This car isn't as sporty as the G35 but more than the A4. It isn't as luxurious as the A4 but more than the G35. Perfect for my less than 20 mile commute. Gas mileage better than advertised. Extremely comfortable seats. Plenty of room for 6' plus. GPS easy to use. Voice commands a little hard to get used too. Excellent handling in the rain, up hills. Great acceleration. Plenty of backseat space. IPod plug in fine but no on screen controls not great.

Styling, extras such as lights on sides, inside lighting nice touch. GPS, XM radio, fog lights, wheels!

IPod controls

Acura TL-S
By Dirt Racer

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at a lot of different cars including the Infiniti G35, Audi A4, Lexus IS 350 but found the Acura TL-S to be all I wanted at a great value for the price. It has great performance and handling, a great nav and audio system, comfortable interior, good styling and quality. It is just fun to drive.

1. Nav and audio systems 2. Engine and handling, esp F1 paddles 3. Great value for the price 4. Comfortable seats

The Type-S has good horsepower but of course I would like more

• SUV