2008 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
My Dream Car!
By Chris on 03/04/08 07:44 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my eye on this car for over a year. I traded in my 05 TSX. The difference is amazing! The TSX was a great little commuter car, but the TL Type S is a mean machine on the road. I was considering an Infiniti G35 or a Lexus IS 350, but when you priced similarly equipped cars the TL blew them out of the water price wise. I have owned one acura and two hondas and this is by far the best value for the money and the most fun to drive.

TL is a great car
By nacho2 on 03/02/08 09:29 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the car for under a week, no complaints at all.The car is an automatic and drives very smooth. I would recommend this car to anyone comparing it to a Lexus or a Mercedes. Apart from value of the vehicle, Acura offers reliability.

'08 Type S
By Jeff on 02/22/08 16:21 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This little car really goes! Great 6m gearbox, super handling and good mileage for the package. My average is 25-28.The downside, lousy interior panels. My unit arrived "new" with a huge U shaped scratch on the dash in front of the steering wheel. Dealer is still fooling with resolution. I've since scuffed the door getting in & out and the wife put another one across the passenger side dash with her purse, yes a leather purse, while getting in. Beware pulling on hard acceleration, the TL can get a little hairy there. The interior is cramped and the tilt wheel stinks but if you are 6ft./215lb. and want 25 MPG this is one of the best deals going.

Love this Car!!
By ingsoc39 on 02/19/08 14:42 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first Acura, researched this auto a good 7 months prior to purchasing, it performed well up to my expectations, and I am extremely pleased with it. You can configure the nav to male/female voice. It was everything and more than the comparable BMW and Lexus, at a much better value. Purchased Moroccan red with A spec special Acura wheels and tires, so splurged a bit, also purchased with ground effects package, it's a blast to drive, solid, refined, and Im enjoying it!

Better than most
By Epacal on 02/08/08 13:52 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Type S for a daily driver and have not been disappointed. Nice features, good ride and great performance. I can't believe the difference between the standard 3.2 TL and the 3.5 TL S. It was worth the extra money.

Nice Car - Rides like a Honda
By John S on 02/03/08 12:41 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I downgraded from a 2005 BMW 5-Series sedan because I needed a cheaper ride at this point in my life. This car is handsome, well built, and chock full of extras that cost at least $10K in the BMW 328xi that I was considering.

2nd TL
By SeymourClearly on 01/31/08 13:39 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd TL. My previous TL was an '06, same base model. I grew up in an automotive family and have more automotive knowledge than most owners. My last couple of cars were a Porsche 944, an SHO, Maxima SE, a Lexis IS and a TSX. (Our other car is a Highlander AWD.) Simply the TL is the most satisfying car I have owned. The drive, the comfort, the reliability and relative economy of ownership are exceptional! The car does it all. It's a great highway cruiser - comfortable for four adults although a little tight in the back, responsive on a winding road and very quiet unless you jack up the fabulous audio system. Best bang for the buck!

08 Acura TL Type-S
By BEN on 01/26/08 17:14 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Used to own an Infiniti G35, This car is an excellent & fun car to drive, and has many options.

Great and underrated
By Chris on 01/24/08 15:22 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my TL after owning a Saab 9-3. The car is exactly what you expect from this type of Acura. This is my third Acura and plan on a new MDX this summer. The one thing that bothers me is that the TL is constantly compared to the Lexus IS, BMW 3-series, Infiniti G35, etc. However the TL is bigger than all of these cars and actually the size of the Lexus GS & M45.

2008 Acura TL Type-S
By lfloeck87 on 01/18/08 19:31 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Came to the dealer looking for a TSX, Ended up going home with the TL type S. Amazing ride for a performance veichle, love the aggressive look. I got the pearl white w/the grey rims, totally bad look. Love the bluetooth and navi, there are so many buttons though, could be more organzied! Great pickup, a real sleeper. Came to this car from a c230 kompressor. HUGE difference, car is much better built and easier to maintain gotta love honda's reliable and user friendly v-tech. Only 110 miles on the car but I feel I've made a great, reliable purchase. Plenty of room in the back for adults too! The only thing that is kinda crummy is the gas mileage, but hey, it's got power!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.