Used 2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura TL Type-S

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Stayed with the Honda family of cars
By Mike

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

It came down to this car or a BMW 3-Series and I'm glad I chose the Acura. It has excellent performance and handles well. Interior features are great and the body style is sleek. Previously owned a Civic so I know this car is dependable.

Favorite Features

Controls on the steering wheel, nav system, interior design, body, multi-speaker surround sound system with subwoofer

Suggested Improvements

Ipod interface (I know it's in the 09 model), the panel over the center speaker rattles sometimes

Graduating through the Honda line
By john

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my first civic in 85 and have owned a prelude, odessey and had been driving a 98 Accord with 172K miles. I thought it was time to continue with my Honda loyalty until they give me a reason not to, so I stepped up in class and bought the 08 TL in October. After 4 months, I have been very happy with this car. It looks plain from the outside, but is loaded with features. I would recommend it to anyone who wants high- performance, luxury and value.

Favorite Features

It has a lot of high end features that I have come to appreciate: the voice recognition Hands-free link, dual climate control, dual driver setting memory. I am listening to music from the 80s on the cassette player. It is smooth, powerful and fun to drive especially in the manual shift mode

Suggested Improvements

I have beefs that are frustrating because my accord had them. The gas mileage isn't good - about 23 mpg. There is no drawer for change, I hate messing with the coin holder. No sunglass holder, in the ceiling. Trunk release should be on the same lever as the gas. It needs gas cap holder on the lid

Glad I did not wait for 2009 TL
By Blah Blah

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car! Midnight Black with dark interior and 6-speed. This card flies and is a blast to drive. Love the standard gadgets. This makes the buying experience very easy.

Favorite Features

Sound/nav functionality, performance, interior design/layout.

Suggested Improvements

18" wheels standard, More robust rear spoiler or loose it. AWD. More interior color combinations w/Type S.

Why spend more when you don't have to!
By Michael in Montreal

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My brother, who had recently purchased a 2008 Acura TL S-Type, recommended that I test drive the car, and stop looking at more expensive cars that I was considering, such as the Jaguar XF and the Audi A6. Well, we are both now driving the same car, except his is Silver and mine is Pearl White. The car is solid, fast and luxurious. In Pearl White, the car is a very sexy sharp-looking car. I was sold within 5 minutes of the test drive, and the driving experience just gets better with time. It will take me time to learn how to use all the features that come with the car, but with the money I saved, I will study the owners manuals as I tan on the beaches in Southern Italy this summer

Favorite Features

Performance, quality, design, interior layout and standard features.

Suggested Improvements

I have not tested the car in the snow, but have heard that winter driving in the TL S-Type is only average. Thus, on the next generation TL, AWD should be available.

Type S Manual - Nice ride!
By Rob H

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Previously owned a 04 TSX, just got a TL Type S 6 speed, great car so for. Stereo w/XM and 6 channel surround is fabulous, shifter is slick, Type S seats are solid. Wheels are large (and a bit pimpy) but overall, a great car so far. Worried about mileage as this car but it absolutely flies.

Favorite Features

Integrated stereo/XM/nav/bluetooth is great, high perf engine, fun to drive, a rockin' TL. Great value and combination of style + value (loaded out the door).

Suggested Improvements

Mileage is a bit rough so far, even out torque steer (FWD car with big engine) w/SH-AWD, more attractive wheels for S Type.