2008 Acura TL Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Stayed with the Honda family of cars
By Mike on 03/23/09 17:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

It came down to this car or a BMW 3-Series and I'm glad I chose the Acura. It has excellent performance and handles well. Interior features are great and the body style is sleek. Previously owned a Civic so I know this car is dependable.

Graduating through the Honda line
By john on 01/26/09 07:06 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my first civic in 85 and have owned a prelude, odessey and had been driving a 98 Accord with 172K miles. I thought it was time to continue with my Honda loyalty until they give me a reason not to, so I stepped up in class and bought the 08 TL in October. After 4 months, I have been very happy with this car. It looks plain from the outside, but is loaded with features. I would recommend it to anyone who wants high- performance, luxury and value.

Glad I did not wait for 2009 TL
By Blah Blah on 01/04/09 08:16 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car! Midnight Black with dark interior and 6-speed. This card flies and is a blast to drive. Love the standard gadgets. This makes the buying experience very easy.

Why spend more when you don't have to!
By Michael in Montreal on 05/31/08 05:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My brother, who had recently purchased a 2008 Acura TL S-Type, recommended that I test drive the car, and stop looking at more expensive cars that I was considering, such as the Jaguar XF and the Audi A6. Well, we are both now driving the same car, except his is Silver and mine is Pearl White. The car is solid, fast and luxurious. In Pearl White, the car is a very sexy sharp-looking car. I was sold within 5 minutes of the test drive, and the driving experience just gets better with time. It will take me time to learn how to use all the features that come with the car, but with the money I saved, I will study the owners manuals as I tan on the beaches in Southern Italy this summer

Type S Manual - Nice ride!
By Rob H on 03/25/08 17:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Previously owned a 04 TSX, just got a TL Type S 6 speed, great car so for. Stereo w/XM and 6 channel surround is fabulous, shifter is slick, Type S seats are solid. Wheels are large (and a bit pimpy) but overall, a great car so far. Worried about mileage as this car but it absolutely flies.

LOVE THIS
By bala0509 on 03/23/08 16:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Sent my husband to test drive a regular TL. Well after he drove the Type S and the MDx sport and ent packg we had to get both. This is my second Acura. i also have an integra.. (1996) and it works just fine as well. Love how responsive this car is. Love the sporty pedals and love that all the options were included. I look for excuses to go out now.

'08 Type S
By Jeff on 02/22/08 16:21 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This little car really goes! Great 6m gearbox, super handling and good mileage for the package. My average is 25-28.The downside, lousy interior panels. My unit arrived "new" with a huge U shaped scratch on the dash in front of the steering wheel. Dealer is still fooling with resolution. I've since scuffed the door getting in & out and the wife put another one across the passenger side dash with her purse, yes a leather purse, while getting in. Beware pulling on hard acceleration, the TL can get a little hairy there. The interior is cramped and the tilt wheel stinks but if you are 6ft./215lb. and want 25 MPG this is one of the best deals going.

New TL-S
By Yohann on 12/29/07 21:58 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my new CBP TL-S with 6M for just over a week now and I am totally in love with it. My old car is a 1998 Maxima 5M and on my daily driving routine (of about 13 miles freeway and 10 miles side streets), I have been averaging 22 mpg. Possibly because I tend to accelerate hard and partly because I typically cruise at 77-80 mph on the interstate (depending on traffic). On my first tank with the TL-S (including 20 minutes idling at the dealer), I averaged about 24 MPG and so far on the second tank my average is between 25-26. That's pretty impressive considering that the TL is 450 lbs heavier and has a 100 hp over the Maxima, and not to mention just over 300 miles on the engine.

Great Car So Far!
By Eric on 08/14/07 05:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

So far this car is great. I got the Carbon Bronze Pearl, and it is a real looker. I'm a little disappointed with the gas mileage so far, as I'm coming from a 4 cylinder Honda Accord. I've put about 100 miles on it and it seems I've gone through about 1/3 of a tank of gas already. Although the "full" tank came from the dealership, so who knows how full it really was?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.