Used 2008 Acura TL Type-S Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura TL Type-S - Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura TL Type-S

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Acura TL 2008
By Guillermo Ortiz

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Is An Excellent car cant complain about anything

Excellent car all around
By Icu Nursing

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car was an amazing buy. I couldn't have asked for anything more. It has just the right amount of luxury and sport. I drove my brother's TL for a month and absolutely fell in love with the Acura. The TL was perfect in everything besides for the power (preference). So I bought the type-s. If you plan to commute this car gets 33 mpg on freeway at 70mph when I'm not driving it hard. When you want to have fun it will take on most cars on the road (auto). If I planned to constantly race I would have looked for a manual which has much better drag performance (6speed). When I see other type-s owners on the road my eyes enjoy this vehicle's unmatched unique design.

Acura really took all their focus and effort into the Acura TL (S). The design is unbeatable up to date. The front wheel drive allows it to get very good gas mileage. Brembos help me slow down from 120 like nothing. Exhaust sounds very nice when I floor it. Car is very spacious. MUCH more comfortable than any other car. Reliability is Acura's number one priority.

Bring the type-s BACK!!!

Italian Styling + Japanese Reliability
By CarAddict

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In addition to Honda's reliability, the other main reason why I bought this car is that I think Honda really did a great job styling the exterior of the TL. I really like the beautiful styling touches such as the character lines that run across the sides of the car. The 2008 TL styling is elegant and understated, unlike the new 2009 TL which I thought is too loud for my taste with the oversized grill in the front and chrome strip on the trunk. However, the sleek styling does result in poor rearward visibility for the TL. Having driven a Acura Integra for the last 20 years, this is probably the biggest thing I have to adopt in my new TL. Both the B and the C pillars on the TL are very wide!

Italian styling with Japanese dependability! Excellent touch-screen navigation and typical logical Honda control layout.

So so material inside. My dash blotches easily (using 409 spray has helped a lot). Leather on the seating area could be a bit better quality. Some rattle near the front passenger window.

Solid Car
By mtlpa

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Basically bought this car from the inside out. Compared to 330i, Audi A4 and felt the TL was a better value and much more spacious. After a year there have been no defects to speak of, so quite satisfied with build quality. Performance is quite good although torque steer is evident under hard acceleration. Ergonomics are excellent and runs fantastic on the highway. Manual mode transmission is a little disappointing as it does not force the transmission into quicker gear shifts.

Interior ergonomics, Navigation system, minimalist styling

Larger fuel tank, 18 gallons would be ideal. For 2010 go back to this body style and offer all wheel drive.

08 TL Type S
By Happy Type S owner

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my TL-S for a year and a half and have 13K miles on it. Overall a great car. I get 19-20 in the city and 30-32 on the highway at 72 MPH. Good suspension and great surround sound. Minor issues: fold down rear seat would be good, the trunk is so well finished there is no point to tie it down. Rain rolls off the roof onto the driver's seat when you open the door. No good CD case holder in the car. Passenger seat height adjustment would be nice. As you can see my issues are minor. I got 86 more HP than my 01 Accord for the price of 91 octane and with no real mileage penalty. Had considered a G35 but did not want RWD in the snow and the MPG was much higher for the Acura.

"looks", wheels, sound system, handling, ride, MPG, "sleeper" category, resale value

Height adjustable passenger seat, rain gutters in door jam, CD holder in console.