Used 2008 Acura TL Type-S Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura TL Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

The Lux family sedan, for the rice'r enthusiast
By Richard Flanagan

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best upgrade for those of us that grew up, but not out of the Civic and RSX performance age. A family luxury sedan that you can feel proud of as an adult, but all the fun of the Honda performance, style, control and high raving V-technology - minus the judgments of those around you. Hehe.

Acura tl sport 2008
By s3rgee

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Recently bought a 2008 acura tl sport (carbon bronze) used with 125k miles, cant say im not satisfied, iv had a lot of people tell me how it looks more of a year car than a 2008, drivers perspective pretty fast great take offs , spacious, audio system is amazing , only complain no Bluetooth audio , besides that , the car is a great choice , iv had a 2000 civic 2007 g35 , but by far iv really like this car the most, if your a racer its fast but there is faster , you a cruiser , this is a great built up , gas worth every cent.

Acura TL 2008
By Guillermo Ortiz

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Is An Excellent car cant complain about anything

Excellent car all around
By Icu Nursing

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car was an amazing buy. I couldn't have asked for anything more. It has just the right amount of luxury and sport. I drove my brother's TL for a month and absolutely fell in love with the Acura. The TL was perfect in everything besides for the power (preference). So I bought the type-s. If you plan to commute this car gets 33 mpg on freeway at 70mph when I'm not driving it hard. When you want to have fun it will take on most cars on the road (auto). If I planned to constantly race I would have looked for a manual which has much better drag performance (6speed). When I see other type-s owners on the road my eyes enjoy this vehicle's unmatched unique design.

Acura really took all their focus and effort into the Acura TL (S). The design is unbeatable up to date. The front wheel drive allows it to get very good gas mileage. Brembos help me slow down from 120 like nothing. Exhaust sounds very nice when I floor it. Car is very spacious. MUCH more comfortable than any other car. Reliability is Acura's number one priority.

Bring the type-s BACK!!!

Italian Styling + Japanese Reliability
By CarAddict

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In addition to Honda's reliability, the other main reason why I bought this car is that I think Honda really did a great job styling the exterior of the TL. I really like the beautiful styling touches such as the character lines that run across the sides of the car. The 2008 TL styling is elegant and understated, unlike the new 2009 TL which I thought is too loud for my taste with the oversized grill in the front and chrome strip on the trunk. However, the sleek styling does result in poor rearward visibility for the TL. Having driven a Acura Integra for the last 20 years, this is probably the biggest thing I have to adopt in my new TL. Both the B and the C pillars on the TL are very wide!

Italian styling with Japanese dependability! Excellent touch-screen navigation and typical logical Honda control layout.

So so material inside. My dash blotches easily (using 409 spray has helped a lot). Leather on the seating area could be a bit better quality. Some rattle near the front passenger window.