Used 2008 Acura TL Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

3rd timies a charm.
By jimrobertson

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Third TL in 12 years. 1st a 2000, loved it, got crushed by a semi. 2nd a 04, got crushed by a F-350, and a teenage driver. Both times the passengers exited without a scratch. Both times, we purchased something else, Lexus RX330, junk-ola, crap mpg, BMW 330Ci, great fun, even while draining the wallet, VW new Beetle, huge inside but no power. Back in a 2008 TL and it is by far the best of the best. Could use a little more power, but super smooth and great mpg for a roomy sedan that I drive way too fast. I hope I can keep this one forever.

seating sound system handleing build quality relibility low cost maintenance

seems to eat front tires? give them away free.

Will miss it
By fav920

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My lease is ending after 3yrs of ownership and I am sorry to see it go. I have considered buying it out, but I will be out of warranty. I have been searching for a CPO with low miles to purchase. I did not have ONE bad experience with this car, and although the new style is growing on me, the '08 is much nicer. Great looking, sporty driving, and 50,000 miles without having to replace brakes and/or tires! Thanks, Acura...

Looks, fit and finish, paint quality, sportiness, ELS audio

IPOD jack easier to reach, regular fuel please

2008 base TL
By David

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I owned Acura TL 2008 new. Currently, it has 51300 miles and the check engine on. Brought to dealer (Open road acura on route 18 East Brunswick, NJ) they found codes:P0701 and P0704, cleared codes. After 24 h, the light is on again. I bought an OBD device checked with codes: P0300, P0301, P0304, P0306, P0701 and P0704. How could the dealer tech. missed these codes? The car have been at dealer since Nov. 10, 2010 and now Nov. 22, 2010. The car have not been fixed. Dealer told me they contacted Acura tech. but no solution. Acura tech couldn’t solved their on creation?

You can't go home again...
By ManyRegrets

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I fondly remember my 1989 Acura Legend, which I loved for 10 years. After years of other less expensive vehicles, I was excited to purchase a 2008 TL. After 3 months, the power steering & the carpet (from the leaking power steering fluid) had to be replaced. Since that time, it is very difficult to steer, especially when turning corners or backing out of parking spaces & the acceleration is disappointing. The dealership's service dept. maintains that it drives "beautifully", exactly the way a TL of its age should handle. My son's 2006 Accord with 100k miles handles better. I will trade it in as soon as I can afford to take the loss, but no more Acuras for me.

Body style

The door does not stay open unless it is pushed all the way out. If you don't make sure it's stable, then it will close back on your leg as you are trying to get out. This has happened to me and passengers several times.

Not pretty, not bad, just ok
By jfinley

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Not bad is as good as this car gets. I love the ride and features for the money. The gas mileage is great. Unfortunately, I have an electrical problem that seems to be undiagnosable and continues to plague my car. The torque steering is an issue with this car, but overcome with a little driving skill. I would prefer folding rear seats and better tires form the manufacturer, but pretty average overall. However, the value compared to its competition, was amazing. Many features for the money.

sound system, heated seats, auto windows

Folding rear seat, better tires and electric start.