Used 2008 Acura TL Base Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

8 years of reliability and comfort
By Jim Blair

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Have really enjoyed my TL. nothing except routine maintenance and a timing belt which I replaced based on the manual's recommendation. Only issue is the bluetooth link went out and haven't wanted to spend the 350 to replace it. I highly recommend the car.

One great car
By AK

3rd timies a charm.
By jimrobertson

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Third TL in 12 years. 1st a 2000, loved it, got crushed by a semi. 2nd a 04, got crushed by a F-350, and a teenage driver. Both times the passengers exited without a scratch. Both times, we purchased something else, Lexus RX330, junk-ola, crap mpg, BMW 330Ci, great fun, even while draining the wallet, VW new Beetle, huge inside but no power. Back in a 2008 TL and it is by far the best of the best. Could use a little more power, but super smooth and great mpg for a roomy sedan that I drive way too fast. I hope I can keep this one forever.

seating sound system handleing build quality relibility low cost maintenance

seems to eat front tires? give them away free.

Will miss it
By fav920

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My lease is ending after 3yrs of ownership and I am sorry to see it go. I have considered buying it out, but I will be out of warranty. I have been searching for a CPO with low miles to purchase. I did not have ONE bad experience with this car, and although the new style is growing on me, the '08 is much nicer. Great looking, sporty driving, and 50,000 miles without having to replace brakes and/or tires! Thanks, Acura...

Looks, fit and finish, paint quality, sportiness, ELS audio

IPOD jack easier to reach, regular fuel please

2008 base TL
By David

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I owned Acura TL 2008 new. Currently, it has 51300 miles and the check engine on. Brought to dealer (Open road acura on route 18 East Brunswick, NJ) they found codes:P0701 and P0704, cleared codes. After 24 h, the light is on again. I bought an OBD device checked with codes: P0300, P0301, P0304, P0306, P0701 and P0704. How could the dealer tech. missed these codes? The car have been at dealer since Nov. 10, 2010 and now Nov. 22, 2010. The car have not been fixed. Dealer told me they contacted Acura tech. but no solution. Acura tech couldnÂ’t solved their on creation?