2008 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
A great used choice
By edechazal on 12/20/12 12:23 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a clean 2008 TL auto with navigation 6 weeks ago. It's a wonderful car. I'm a "car guy" but no longer a boy-racer since I'm in my 40's. I appreciate refinement and pieces that work well together. This car delivers in most areas. The first test drive sold me on the car's feel and driving dynamics. I'm 5' 11" and the car fits me like a glove. I like the view from the driver's seat, the powertrain's responsiveness and the look of the tan leather interior. I also test drove the redesigned 2009 model and definitely prefer the 2008 since it fits better. Piece of advice: be ready to spring for a new set of Michelins when you buy. Fresh tires clean up lots of problems.

Purchased as CPO with 66,000 miles
By bonaircarguy on 07/07/12 23:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have put over 11,000 miles on my TL so far, and have had zero issues with it; unlike Volvo's which I had owned before it. It is white diamond with camel interior. My only problem with this type of leather is if you do not condition and clean it often it will discolor and crack (I do clean and condition it weekly). Other than that, the interior is in excellent condition. I do a lot of highway driving and will normally get around 30-31 MPG if the speed control is used and stays around 65-70. Average per tank is 23 - 25, and I have a lead foot. I highly recommend this car if you are in the market for a sporty fast sedan! I picked it over Mercedes, Infiniti and Audi.

3rd timies a charm.
By jimrobertson on 09/27/11 12:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Third TL in 12 years. 1st a 2000, loved it, got crushed by a semi. 2nd a 04, got crushed by a F-350, and a teenage driver. Both times the passengers exited without a scratch. Both times, we purchased something else, Lexus RX330, junk-ola, crap mpg, BMW 330Ci, great fun, even while draining the wallet, VW new Beetle, huge inside but no power. Back in a 2008 TL and it is by far the best of the best. Could use a little more power, but super smooth and great mpg for a roomy sedan that I drive way too fast. I hope I can keep this one forever.

Best entry level luxury/sports sedan!
By mik18 on 07/26/11 11:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent handling for a FWD sedan.Sticks to the corners like glue.Totally satisfied with the purchase. Car looks great, drives awesome and has a lot of technology at a very fair price when compared to other cars in the entry level sports sedan market. Trip from NJ to Ohio and back, twice and averaged 30MPG at 70-75 mph. One gripe about the car is the leather sucks.Seat absorbs the color of my pant !! never had this issue with my old BMW.

Happy Acura TL owner
By riphraph on 01/16/11 21:00 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

No manufacturer has yet to build the perfect car (or everyone would drive that one car) but the Acura TL line comes close in the important categories. Best in safety, styling and reliability. Am impressed with the luxury. Seems like most of the displeasure on the sites deal with issues with uncooperative dealerships. Hint. You can go to the Honda dealers for service if needed. Have been getting 23 - 24 mph. Solidly built. Smart engineering, sensible appointments, solid door gaps. It's a Honda after all. Low cost to own when compared to similar cars (Lexus IS350 and Infiniti G37 - try getting same upgrades for same $$) or BMW 323i (expensive to own)Front wheel drive takes some getting used to

Heating and a/c system
By b927 on 01/06/11 15:16 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My heating and a/c system continues to fail. After running for 30 minutes the actual cabin temperature goes to about 65 in the winter and 84 in the summer. It doesn't matter where I set the temperature or what mode I shift into, the temperature stays the same. I've taken it to the dealer 5 times and left it there for days, with no fix. Finally I went to Acura Corp client relations for help. A totalwaste of time. I'm still under warranty> The biggest surprise to me has been the lack of concern or sense of urgency from Acura. I bought this car based on Acura's reputation. My experience makes me think they are resting on their laurels

Will miss it
By fav920 on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My lease is ending after 3yrs of ownership and I am sorry to see it go. I have considered buying it out, but I will be out of warranty. I have been searching for a CPO with low miles to purchase. I did not have ONE bad experience with this car, and although the new style is growing on me, the '08 is much nicer. Great looking, sporty driving, and 50,000 miles without having to replace brakes and/or tires! Thanks, Acura...

2008 base TL
By David on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I owned Acura TL 2008 new. Currently, it has 51300 miles and the check engine on. Brought to dealer (Open road acura on route 18 East Brunswick, NJ) they found codes:P0701 and P0704, cleared codes. After 24 h, the light is on again. I bought an OBD device checked with codes: P0300, P0301, P0304, P0306, P0701 and P0704. How could the dealer tech. missed these codes? The car have been at dealer since Nov. 10, 2010 and now Nov. 22, 2010. The car have not been fixed. Dealer told me they contacted Acura tech. but no solution. Acura tech couldn’t solved their on creation?

ACURA TL Delivers...but check steering!!
By Mike on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a GREAT car, loved it...was fun to drive. great looking exterior, sporty and modest. quick and agile. Overall very happy and will consider buying another TL. However, see issues below, cons....I had to return to shop 3 x for steering adjustments under service warantee..disappointing they did not catch it first two times.

Terrible Car
By Will on 08/31/10 15:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car has so many rattles it is difficult to describe. Cheap interior parts and poor quality control at the plant. Car has been at the dealership at least 6 times and they haven't fixed anything, actually made it worse. Now a window leaks when you go through a car wash or heavy rain. All on a 2 year old car with less than 30k.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.