Very Safe and Drives Great
By unfsig on
2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I've had mine for about three weeks now and had an accident on the passenger side. The airbags worked perfectly. Only the ones that should have deployed actually did. The other car hit me fairly hard and the doors protected the passenger side appropriately. VERY FUN TO DRIVE. Reminds me very much of the older BMW 540, lots of torque and tons of horsepower. The only real difference I can see is that it's made better, has more features, and costs an awful lot less. It's also a lot better looking than the new Bangle bimmers. The technology in this car is unsurpassed. Maybe a $90+K Mercedes has it beat, but I didn't pay $90k did I. :)
Favorite Features
Interior is rock solid, beautifully designed, and perfectly executed. The exterior is conservative but aggressive. The tech is so far beyond anything else in the price segment. The engine sounds wonderful and performs equally well. Sorta along the same lines the Navigation is fantastic.
Suggested Improvements
Better voice recognition. If it doesn't understand what you're saying to a competent level, it shouldn't guess so wildly. "Play CD Disk 3" -> "A/C off" "Find nearest Chinese restaurant" -> "Set Temperature 66 Degrees" How it comes to these conclusions is beyond me, but it works 95+% of the time.