2007 Acura TL Consumer Review: A Tribute

2007 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Review

A Tribute
By scatback on

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Just traded my 07 TL with 50,000 miles. What a marvelous combination of machinery, imagination and execution. It was always eager to run. GM engines still sound like they're doing you a favor. German engines (and the rest of the cars) will empty you wallet. But here was real value, comfort an reliability in a package that was responsive, lithe and doesn't spend more time with the dealer than with you. Only a fool ever kept a BMW beyond the warranty. The previous entry got it right. Quit the sniffling; this is a great car and a victory for the unpretentious.

Everything is there (NAV, bluetooth, HID), and everything works. But the sound system is especially nice. I've heard lyrics of songs I've heard 1000 times and never understood. Is that what Little Richard was singing about all those years ago? Who knew? The seats, too, are among the best I've experienced. Real leather, not plastic like the Germans pawn off on you for your 60 grand. Merctex!!? Give me a break.

Fire the management that designed the '09. The only one I can stand to look at is the RL, and I've traded for a 2011. Wish the voice recognition (marginal at best) had been as good as the voice reproduction (wonderful).