2007 Acura TL Consumer Review: Luxury sporty sedan

2007 Acura TL - Consumer Review

Luxury sporty sedan
By PeteD on

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having happily owned Hondas (including Civics, Accords, Passports,CR-Vs and S2000s) since 1985, I really was eager to enter the luxury sport sedan market. What a treat this car has been. It moves like it's on rails, accelerates quickly, moves accurately, wherever you point it. On lengthy trips, my wife is able to nap, leaving me to enjoy the driving experience. No problems, no complaints with the exception of the premium gas requirement which I was aware of from the beginning. "If you're gonna' play, ya gotta' pay."

Roomy interior, instrument layout, XM radio (my wife bought it for me for Christmas), acceleration, body fit and finish. Soft leather upholstery reminds me of my recliner at home and it has daylight-like headlight illumination. The car looks like it's moving, even when parked. Get out the chocks!

It looks like a number of other sport sedans on the market and many of them are more expensive. It seems as though the engineers and designers could get together and put the package into a totally distinct Acura body. This would sew up this market segment, until the competition was able to retool.