I miss my Grand Prix's smooth transmission...
By whiterabbit79 on
2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
I shopped around quite a bit before finally choosing the TL. I was looking for a reliable, sporty sedan that wouldn't put me in the poor house. It turns out there aren't very many options that fit this bill. Almost none, actually. I had originally been shopping for a new car, but I started to consider certified used cars when I ran out of options and started looking to luxury brands for possibilities. I bought my TL 1.5 years ago, and while I do have some complaints, overall I'm very happy with my choice.
Favorite Features
Sporty? Check. Reliable? Check. This car is a blast to drive (for the most part*). Also, she just hit 50,000 miles, and she's still as solid and reliable as the day I bought her. The stereo system is second to none - I've been known to linger in my car listening to music. She's very comfortable - and she's also my first luxury car, so I'm still tickled by all the bells and whistles. And for those who still haven't found it - the iPod/iPhone jack is hiding at the bottom of the armrest storage compartment. Also, I love the styling of the car. I'm very disappointed by the redesign - reminds me more of a Cadillac. If they don't revert back, I'll be looking elsewhere when it's time to trade.
Suggested Improvements
*WHAT is going on with the transmission?!? The herky-jerkiness is super irritating, and the sudden down-shifting whenever I try to "coast" is jarring and ruins part of the driving experience for me. Like another poster, I used to drive a Grand Prix, and its transmission was smooth as butter - maybe my bar is set too high?? Also, steering at low speeds requires far too much effort. And as a city dweller, I stand by my right to complain about the fact that the car has the turning radius of an aircraft carrier. Lastly, the car doesn't chime if I leave a cabin light on when I leave - I caught myself once, and I wonder if one day I'll return to a drained battery. (Time to refer to the manual!)