Honda can not fix the problem in 8 years
By Art on
2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)
Car has same problem my other acura's This 2007, has had the same problem as my 1999 TL, which acura wrote up a service bulletin in 2003 about the poor engineering on the evp canister purge valve, which would take about 1 cent worth of S/steal to fix when making the car, or about $500 in an acura dealer. They still did not fix the problem by 2007, 4 years after service bulletin. Transmission. 6 speed manual, had same problem as my sons 2000 rxs with 3rd gear. again poor engineering same transmission. Acura does not correct their engineering problems in a timely. Neither of these problems I should have had in a 2007. Acura knew of the problems and the poor engineering since 2001
Favorite Features
Nice white paint.
Suggested Improvements
Inmrove the engineering group, change management who has delayed implementing changes from knowned field problems, Or find new customers. This is our last Acura.
By foxcraft
on 06/21/12 00:30 AM (PDT)

I had the same 3rd gear problem with my 2006 RSX Type S as you and your son had. It's really a simple fix. My mechanic who has lots of Honda experience (but does not work at a Honda or Acura dealer, but an independent shop) simply replaced the transmission oil with an upgraded version. Problem solved. In fact, it was immediately apparent how smooth it shifted through all the gears.