2007 Acura TL Consumer Review: Fun but torquey

2007 Acura TL - Consumer Review

Fun but torquey
By Blackjack on

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Very reliable, fun and peppy car to drive. Nice stereo. The front end torque is something I really have to stay conscious of - I end up all over the road, squealing tires, if I try to gun it. Also, need to exchange low profile tires for winter tires (in New England) or I will not be able to navigate in the snow - I spent most of my first winter at the bottom of my driveway and I bent a $400 alloy rim. Goes out of alignment very easily (again, NE has pot holes). TL-S very close to ground, bottoming out can be an issue. I think I will keep it but get an SUV for winter.

horsepower - smooth ride on highway. sleek look, nice leather trim. Great dependability, great gas mileage for a 280 hp vehicle - I get 25, combined.

The trunk makes a cheap "clink" sound when you shut it. Rear defrost is useless. rain and condensation drips right in window if you open it. The intro navigation warning screen needs an override! Add rear seat heater and washer fluid low indicator. Add SMART KEY feature!