2007 Acura TL 3.5L V6 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Follow Up Review

2007 Acura TL Type-S - Consumer Review

By Bryan on

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

10,000 miles into my silver TL Type-S with 6 speed manual, and I figure I would give you all a follow-up. First, the bad: rattles in the door and steering column. Tsk, tsk in a near 40-grand sports sedan. Interior materials scratch real easily, and dashboard is starting to lose its color really quickly (from dark gray to milky gray). Torque-steer is getting old now. The good: this thing should be called a muscle-sedan instead of a sports sedan, because that's the demeanor it has. Big, mean looking, mean sounding, and fast. Handling is second only to BMW. Interior is very comfortable, and very spacious.

Favorite Features

Compliments everywhere I go. Engine is a trip to run up to the redline. Slick shifting manual gearbox. Beautiful, comfy interior. Supportive seats. User friendly infotainment center. Minimal usage of chrome inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

Rattles! Interior plastics scratch easy and fade quickly. Uneconomic fuel economy. Too much oversteer and too wide of a turning radius. Needs AWD. Difficult to justify price when compared to the new Accord.