Finally a good purchase!
By mhoule2732 on
2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
To start off, I owned a 2003 Type S as well. I drove the car to 100,000 miles with only 1 problem (a broken axle). I loved the car but sold due to the higher mileage and purchased a 2003 Audi A4 6cyl 3.0 engine. I never liked it and kept only 5 months. I test drove the G35x, IS 350, BMW 3 series, and FX35 Infiniti and chose the Type S again. This car is very fast and fun to drive. The handling is great but the ride is just OK, but I guess if you don't want that type of ride buy the regular TL (still happy). Really no complaints but I do only get about 19 MPG. I guess that's not too bad considering how impossible it is to not drive like a complete maniac.
Favorite Features
Voice command - as long as the windows are not opened it works almost flawlessly. I never get errors in phone numbers like a few other reviewers posted. Nav is great. Brembo brakes are much better than on the 03 Type S. everything is located in the right place unlike other cars I test drove.
Suggested Improvements
The one thing that would set this car apart from the rest is AWD. The audio system is great with CDs or iPod but while on XM it is not loud enough. 300+ HP. Also, with all the technology they have no smart key? Really being picky but I would change the leather to something that doesn't wrinkle.