Best value in luxury market
By Jeff on
2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
Had the car for a year now, it's a huge step up from the Accord I was previously driving. It's a great deal, the competition costs thousands more for the same features. Gas mileage is great too, on a 500 mile road trip I averaged 34 MPG! This car isn't for everyone though. Those looking for the ultimate sports sedan (think BMW minded buyers) will say it's FWD and not sporty enough. Those wanting a cushy serene ride (think Lexus ES) will say it's too sporty and has too much road noise. You can't please everyone but for me this car is what I consider to be an ideal blend of everything. It doesn't excel at any one particular thing but does everything very well.
Favorite Features
The engine is great, not really torquey but once you get moving you'll hit redline very fast. I've timed 0-60 at about 7 seconds flat, a bit quicker if you shift yourself. The sound system is terrific, the cabin is spacious, HID headlights are great, won't drive a car with halogens ever again.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the rattles - my Honda was far worse but I didn't expect a 34K car to have rattles. They are minor and aren't always noticeable but they are still annoying. Only other thing would be AWD to help traction (especially in snow) and eliminate that squirrelly torque steer!