Acura Cutomer Service is unacceptable
By exacura1 on
2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
We bought our 2007 Acura TL type S a year ago for $20,000. We paid that much for a used car because we thought we were getting a quality product from a great company. Boy were we wrong. This summer the dashboard started to crack in two places. I has gotten larger throughout the summer. We found online that this is a very common issue for Acura TLs from 04 to 08. We called Acura to try to resolve the issue. It is obviously a design flaw on their part but they were not willing to help out at all. They told us that there was nothing they could do because we are not a 'loyal' acura customer. This is the 3rd Acura I have owned. I am not a loyal Acura customer. Don't buy an Acura!
Favorite Features
Any other auto maker would stand behind their product and fix their flawed design. Up until recently I have been a huge fan of Acura. I have convinced several of my friends, family, and acquaintances looking to buy a vehicle that Acura is the way to go. From now on I will do the opposite. I could have chosen from several brand new cars for $20,000, but instead I bought what I thought was a 'quality' used car. This will be the last Acura I own.
Suggested Improvements
All we wanted was for Acura to fix their crappy dashboard so we could go on being happy with our purchase. My wife drive's this car, I drive an Acura RSX (but I am not a 'loyal' Acura customer). She drives clients around on a regular basis. The dashboard crack is right in front of their face. They ask "How old is this car?" She replies "2007". They say "Wow, I thought Acura was a premium brand of automobile. I have a (insert year here), (insert make here), (insert model here), and the dash looks brand new." She replies "yes, we thought that too. Acura will not fix the issue, so we will not buy another one."