Used 2007 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

2007 3.2 TL
By Enthusiast

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car because of its design and reliability. The second week I had ignition problem, which was fixed by the dealer. The car drives well and I feel very secure behind the wheel. But, the squeaks and the little noises drive me crazy. With every additional mile, the noises increase exponentially. The noise problem is present in every heavy car. I had a GS before, which was no stranger to the constant sounds but the noises are profoundly present in this car more than others. I would think again before buying this car again.

All the standard features and the stability control.

Improve the noises. The suspension is too tight which I think is part of the reason for the sounds.

Follow-up - 2007 vs 2006 review (1/6/07)
By JR

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

With 12,000 miles on the TL: Good points - the car runs better now - improvements in both gas mileage (31 MPG straight highway trip) and a smoother shifting transmission (too much shift shock before). Bad points - the car developed various squeaks and rattles over the last 11 months - glovebox, center speaker, driver vent, instrument cluster, etc. - most of them now fixed. The colder weather has brought an annoying driver's door & window rattle. The interior headliner (roof) was replaced twice due to its two layers separating. Also, knowing the Acura service department employees on a first name basis is getting old. I prefer just oil change visits like with my previous 2 Acuras.

Same as before.

Getting rid of all the squeaks and rattles - priceless! More attention to detail with respect to interior build, assembly & quality control would be appreciated. Squeaks and rattles are extremely annoying as are frequent dealer visits. Acura, please take note for your upcoming 2009 redesign.

Good for the price
By rich1950

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fast and stylish, great interior and sound system.

Sound system, fuel economy.

Better standard tires, all wheel drive.

A Nice "Sporty Sedan"
By RBSC

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After 10 yrs and 145,000 mi I sold my 528 BMW for a TL. First things first IMO the BMW E39 is superior to the TL in all dynamic driving categories period. But having said that the TL is still a very fine car. Reasonably quick, stylish, comfortable, quiet (no rattles here) and good gas mileage (got almost 31 mpg on our last trip). But the TL does have issues. First is the transmission, under normal everyday driving it's flawless but try some spirited driving and it's slow to kick down and the computer gets confused hunting for the right gear. Second is the suspension, it's jittery and on less than smooth roads the front will bounce, this is not a good thing, especially in a 'sports sedan'.

The entire package - a solid 'sporty car' at a reasonable price. The car comes 'standard' with every option I would want including a great stereo and the nav system is excellent.

Retune the suspension, correct the bouncing and realize a 'sport suspension' doesn't need to be brittle, maybe that will happen with the new TL slated for 2009. Get rid of the 'slush box automatics' and move to a "DSG auto gearbox" like the ones used by Audi & VW. They are amazing!

Review of 2007 Acura TL Base Model
By Gordon

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

When I was looking for a new car, I compared the G35, IS 250, Toyota Avalon, and the TL with each other. The thing I really liked best was that the things I really wanted (multi-CD changer, moonroof, leather) all come standard with the TL. I have had the car now for 3 months and I am really enjoying driving it. Although not as much horsepower as the S-Type, it is the most powerful car I have owned. I'm surprised I have not been pulled over yet. This is the first car I have owned that I have hit 100+ MPH with! I love the interior of the car with the black leather pretty much throughout. I like having the audio controls on the steering wheel.

Just the overall exterior and interior looks. I can see having this car for 10 years and not feeling like it will ever look dated. I love the leather seats and the stereo is very good.

I would bump up the HP of the basic package to get closer to say, a G35. I have 260 HP vs. 305 for G35.

• SUV