Used 2007 Acura TL Type-S Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura TL Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Great performance, annoying rattles
By DWW

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2003 Type S and loved that car's ride, so thought that in purchasing the 2007 Type S I'd be just as pleased. The new Type S has unbelieveable power and acceleration and handles like a nimble sport car. All in all a very exciting and sporty ride. The sporty suspension does make the ride a little harsh. Almost every imperfection in the road gets transmitted through the steering wheel. The comfort is great and I love the navigation system and telematics. However, the interior rattles drive me crazy. No excuse for a luxury sport sedan of Acura's caliber to have this problem.

Power and handling. The exterior styling turns heads, especially the charcol grey wheels. The navigation system and telematics are first rate.

Key fob is huge. Wish it had a keyless system like the RL. Improve the interior build quality to eliminate the rattles.

The Best Valued Sport Sedan 2007
By AB

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned previous Acura TLs (2) and was very happy to see Honda bring back the Type-S this year. The impressive thing about this car is the level of features added from older versions. The fact that there are no options needed or available tells it all. The only thing I added was the iPod connection. The car's handling and performance is what makes it fun to drive. They didn't just add the RL engine, they did a great job tuning the suspension to really use the additional HP. This is probably the best buy out there right now when you consider all of the standard features, the fun to drive quotient, and the price you pay. Kudos to Acura.

Suspension, drivetrain, interior.

A greater color selection on the Type-S.

Amazing ride!
By Brian

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I went with Acura because of their known reliability and my experience with Hondas. I test drove Acuras that were 3-5 years old before this, to see how they hold up, and was very impressed. I'm hoping mine will hold up and ride the way the used ones I drove did. After looking at Infiniti, Lexus, and BMW, I went with Acura for their resale value and the fact that you get more for your money. So far, no regrets! I love the way people stare at my car at lights and in parking lots!

Back-up camera, navigation system, sound system, comfort, exterior and interior design, iPod link, Bluetooth.

I have only minor complaints: the iPod locks up a lot (it's a hassle to have to unplug it and plug it back in all the time), I'm not thrilled about the way the driver seat is wearing, wish it had SmartKey/IntelligentKey, remote start would be cool, and wish it got slightly better fuel economy.

Best Car for the Money, By Far!
By Matty C

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My only complaint is interior rattles. Can't figure out where they're coming from or how to make them stop. Not that they're constant, mostly on the rougher roads, but still unnerving. Other than that, love the car. If you drive it hard your tank will be empty in no time but that is to be expected with this much power.

Exterior looks, interior comfort, sound system. Acceleration.

Interior rattles.

Average Car
By So So car

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought Type S in Feb 2007. The car's engine is great, acceleration is superb, looks are great. However, interior material quality is one of the worst I have seen in new cars. Too much rattling. I had a rattling sound coming from behind steering wheel and even the dealer couldn't figure it out. More rattle from the middle by cup holder. If the windows are down, they rattle as if some screws are loose in the door panel. I am seriously thinking about trading it in. I have been a Acura fan for years but this TL Type S experience has left a bad taste in my mouth and probably never go back to Acura.

Engine acceleration, nav system, braking, looks.

Rattling from everywhere. Get rid of fake carbon and put some real material in there (wood, like G35). Automatic intermittent wipers, start/stop button, FOB.