2007 Acura TL Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Adult's toy
By envzak on 02/03/07 20:23 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

It was time for me to to get rid of 2003 RSX type S that I've been driving for years. The 2007 TL type S not only filled the gap that I've been missing in the RSX-S, but surged my adrenaline beyond my expectation. Smooth and precise 6 speed manual gear box w/ limited-slip differential and 256 lb-ft of torque are the 2007 TL type S strongest points that clinched my decision to buy this car. I got to admit that I missed the scream from RSX-S between 3rd and 4th when VTEC kicked-in, but TL-S substitutes that w/ tourquey, high-pitched rumble exhaust modulation. Superb and very comfortable interior supports my decision to buy another 6 speed manual car, otherwise I'm going to fall asleep.

Love my type-S!!!
By levende on 01/22/07 18:27 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely love my Acura TL Type-S. After test driving nearly every car in its class - BMW 330, Infinity G35 (2006), Mercedes C280, Lexus ES 350, etc.- this car stood out as the best option for me. It is comfortable, had solid performance, large back seat. My only 2 complaintsare that it gets just okay gas mileage, and the front end could be better styled. Overall love it!

Ride quality
By wepawn on 01/20/07 13:20 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd consecutive Acura (01CL, 04TL, 07TL S-type). i was not satisfied with the ride on the 04TL, and replaced the OEM tires with top line Bridgestones. ride improved dramatically. My 07 S-type has a harsh ride with the OEM tires. I realize it has a beefed suspension, but a tire change might be in order. Otherwise I am delighted with the new Acura TL S-type. It is an awesome vehicle in all respects.

You won't regret the purchase!
By ttone on 01/19/07 21:52 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car comes loaded with all features. Handles well and looks great. Best value for the $$. Other similarly stocked cars will run at least 1-2k more. I'm averaging about 24 mpg right now. I hope to see a little improvement after break in, but it's not that bad. If you like having all the "gadgets" in a car, you will likely be pleased with the TL type-S. The ride is pretty quiet, but you'll love cranking the dvd-audio disks anyway. True surround sound in the car is pretty cool. I fit my two kids in the back no problem. I wouldn't recommend more than two adults, you'll be tight. The type S comes with rims that in my opinion don't really work with all colors.

Nice Type-S
By JEY on 01/09/07 23:39 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a 2002 Audi A6 for the Acura. Although not as luxurious as the A6, the Type-S is a whole lot more fun and rewarding to drive. The engine is one of the best and pulls strongly at any speed. I wanted a nice blend of sport and luxury and the front wheel drive Type-S does this very well.

Great All Around Car
By SAW on 01/02/07 10:03 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Honda/Acura products for over 10 years, so when it came time to replace my TSX, the TL was the logical choice. I looked at the 335i, G35, and IS 350. They are all great cars, but each one had a few annoying features. The TL Type-S has all the performance I need, with a great interior and proven Acura reliability. I have had the car for 2 weeks now, and I do not regret any part of my decision.

2007 Acura TL Type-S
By Loglendin on 12/31/06 20:38 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove the Lexus IS 350, BMW 335i and Type-S. Type-S best deal for the $. Not the fastest car but great for everyday use.

Wow, we love this car
By hands2god on 12/29/06 22:10 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We looked at a few cars that are considered in this class, and the TL Type-S is by far the nicest looking, nicest driving and the best bang for the buck. The drive by wire is great, and the torque is a nice surprise. Great car, drive it, you'll buy one.

Best I have Ever Owned!!!
By Jeff D on 12/27/06 08:28 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I can't believe how much better the 07 Type S is over my old 06 TL. Handles like crazy. FAST! Everything is top notch. I bought the best!

Type S is back and better!
By TJ on 12/19/06 08:19 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Decided to buy a 07 Acura TL type S instead of Lexus IS350 and BMW 330i and love it. Nav is by far better than Lexus and you can fully use it while driving. Over 600 voice commands on nav, Zagat restaurant ratings, real time traffic, standard HID lights, turn signals in mirrors, super bright LED taillights, red interior dash lights, High performance Brembo brakes, Real sport suspension with tight handling, Two-tone interior seating, dual front cupholders and a back seat that can actually fit two adults. Plus fully loaded w/ nav for $5k less than Lexus or BMW with navi and has great (honda) build quality.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.