2007 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Follow-up - 2007 vs 2006 review (1/6/07)
By JR on 11/28/07 19:57 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

With 12,000 miles on the TL: Good points - the car runs better now - improvements in both gas mileage (31 MPG straight highway trip) and a smoother shifting transmission (too much shift shock before). Bad points - the car developed various squeaks and rattles over the last 11 months - glovebox, center speaker, driver vent, instrument cluster, etc. - most of them now fixed. The colder weather has brought an annoying driver's door & window rattle. The interior headliner (roof) was replaced twice due to its two layers separating. Also, knowing the Acura service department employees on a first name basis is getting old. I prefer just oil change visits like with my previous 2 Acuras.

Good for the price
By rich1950 on 11/18/07 20:48 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fast and stylish, great interior and sound system.

A Nice "Sporty Sedan"
By RBSC on 11/06/07 10:04 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After 10 yrs and 145,000 mi I sold my 528 BMW for a TL. First things first IMO the BMW E39 is superior to the TL in all dynamic driving categories period. But having said that the TL is still a very fine car. Reasonably quick, stylish, comfortable, quiet (no rattles here) and good gas mileage (got almost 31 mpg on our last trip). But the TL does have issues. First is the transmission, under normal everyday driving it's flawless but try some spirited driving and it's slow to kick down and the computer gets confused hunting for the right gear. Second is the suspension, it's jittery and on less than smooth roads the front will bounce, this is not a good thing, especially in a 'sports sedan'.

My Follow Up Review
By Gboss on 11/02/07 17:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

11,890 miles into my TL Type-S Automatic. Interior rattles are driving me nuts!! They come out of nowhere! Interior does scratch very easily. Car squeaks. Suspension or something from underneath the car? Not sure but getting it checked out. I think it's the suspension. Seat memory settings don't always work correctly. All station presets vanished on me a few times and came back the next day? Ghosts? Other than that the car is awesome! Compliments everywhere! Real rocketship! 286 HP!! Hwy I am getting 29 MPG. Overall AVG 23 MPG. I think that's pretty good!

By Bryan on 10/20/07 20:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

10,000 miles into my silver TL Type-S with 6 speed manual, and I figure I would give you all a follow-up. First, the bad: rattles in the door and steering column. Tsk, tsk in a near 40-grand sports sedan. Interior materials scratch real easily, and dashboard is starting to lose its color really quickly (from dark gray to milky gray). Torque-steer is getting old now. The good: this thing should be called a muscle-sedan instead of a sports sedan, because that's the demeanor it has. Big, mean looking, mean sounding, and fast. Handling is second only to BMW. Interior is very comfortable, and very spacious.

Great performance, annoying rattles
By DWW on 10/03/07 16:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2003 Type S and loved that car's ride, so thought that in purchasing the 2007 Type S I'd be just as pleased. The new Type S has unbelieveable power and acceleration and handles like a nimble sport car. All in all a very exciting and sporty ride. The sporty suspension does make the ride a little harsh. Almost every imperfection in the road gets transmitted through the steering wheel. The comfort is great and I love the navigation system and telematics. However, the interior rattles drive me crazy. No excuse for a luxury sport sedan of Acura's caliber to have this problem.

Review of 2007 Acura TL Base Model
By Gordon on 09/28/07 13:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

When I was looking for a new car, I compared the G35, IS 250, Toyota Avalon, and the TL with each other. The thing I really liked best was that the things I really wanted (multi-CD changer, moonroof, leather) all come standard with the TL. I have had the car now for 3 months and I am really enjoying driving it. Although not as much horsepower as the S-Type, it is the most powerful car I have owned. I'm surprised I have not been pulled over yet. This is the first car I have owned that I have hit 100+ MPH with! I love the interior of the car with the black leather pretty much throughout. I like having the audio controls on the steering wheel.

TL is Just a Great Car
By GovJohn on 09/22/07 19:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had been driving a Volvo S60 and had nothing but problems with it and was debating between TL and BMW 328. My buddy went with BMW and I went with TL. I made the right choice. Although it does not handle quite as sporty as the BMW, it will go when you need it to go. The everything standard interior is where it blows away the competition (especially the BMW). Compare standard package on a TL and then add them as options to everything else in its class and money makes it an easy decision. It is roomy, the sound system is great, and all controls are very easy to use. If this is the way Acura makes all its cars, I will be loyal for a long time.

The Best Valued Sport Sedan 2007
By AB on 09/10/07 09:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned previous Acura TLs (2) and was very happy to see Honda bring back the Type-S this year. The impressive thing about this car is the level of features added from older versions. The fact that there are no options needed or available tells it all. The only thing I added was the iPod connection. The car's handling and performance is what makes it fun to drive. They didn't just add the RL engine, they did a great job tuning the suspension to really use the additional HP. This is probably the best buy out there right now when you consider all of the standard features, the fun to drive quotient, and the price you pay. Kudos to Acura.

Wonderful car to Own
By mustangkay1 on 09/05/07 13:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is an excellent car. They handle well, drive wonderfully and are just great all around. I traded in a 2005 mustang for the Acura and it suprised me with speed, comfort, and looks. I love Acura!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.