2007 Acura TL Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Very Safe and Drives Great
By unfsig on 03/29/07 20:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had mine for about three weeks now and had an accident on the passenger side. The airbags worked perfectly. Only the ones that should have deployed actually did. The other car hit me fairly hard and the doors protected the passenger side appropriately. VERY FUN TO DRIVE. Reminds me very much of the older BMW 540, lots of torque and tons of horsepower. The only real difference I can see is that it's made better, has more features, and costs an awful lot less. It's also a lot better looking than the new Bangle bimmers. The technology in this car is unsurpassed. Maybe a $90+K Mercedes has it beat, but I didn't pay $90k did I. :)

Sweet Car!!
By TGR3 on 03/26/07 07:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is incredibly fun to drive. Engine is so sweet, transmission precise, awesome seats, technology galore, the red/white instrument panel is truly a thing of beauty, like a jet cockpit!! I had to replace two rear defective struts, and fix a rattle in the back, but other than that, I just love to drive this car. I looked at G35 and IS 350, and this one was the best (especially in rear leg room). And has the best combination of options for less money. I drive my Type S just to drive it sometimes, drive around town just for the enjoyment. And I love how it looks, and all interior features. Nice NICE car.

The Best For Sedan
By Speedy_TLS on 03/23/07 19:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently traded my 01 BMW X5 4.4 sport package in for the new Acura TL Type-S. I love the Type-S performance and all the toys are in.

Value for the Money
By mantrika on 03/08/07 19:18 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A great car indeed for the money. Performance is very good and overall a great car to drive.

Best Car On The Market
By Fozzyfoe on 03/03/07 19:26 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my Accord and S2000 for a car that combines the best elements from each car into one. It has power, quickness, great handling, great brakes, great looks, and more features than any other car! I am hooked for a long time with Acura now and will never turn back. I hope to see the SH-AWD in 09 and will trade up to that. Also, I hear that even more power is coming!

Awsome Sedan - but not a Sports Sedan
By Peter on 02/23/07 10:12 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The interior is fantastic and is open enough to accommodate many body types & sizes. It's more of a luxury sedan then a performance sedan. The TL Type-S is basically the same as the TL except it adds a bigger engine with some added HP but it's still attached to a FWD vehicle, good for those who like the extra power. The interior design, fit and finish is excellent, the exterior is getting to be a bit outdated but it's still noticeable on the road. Comes with Honda reliability and it's fun to drive factor is high for a car that's not really designed to be fun to drive. Fuel economy is on par for a sedan.

Best bang for the Buck!!
By Byron on 02/22/07 08:26 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I traded my 06 BMW 530i for the TL Type-S. My BMW had less horsepower and less torque and cost 15k more money. Honestly, I have more fun driving the TL Type-S.

Great ride!
By ah7771 on 02/20/07 10:46 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In my opinion, this car beats the G35 and IS 350 hands down. Everything is standard and you get the honda quality plus lowest TCO in its class. I've read people complaining about its fuel economy but that's bogus. I get 23 mpg average between city and hwy and I have fun with this car. If you want 30 mpg, then be willing to settle for less than 286 hp and slow down your driving. For the power this engine pumps out and the size of the vehicle, it gets great fuel economy!

Acura TL-S
By Chris on 02/12/07 21:11 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a 2007 Acura TL-S in late January and I love it. I was choosing between the TL-S and the Lexus IS 350. Went with the TL-S because it was bigger and more roomy than the IS 350. The car has quite a bit of "get up and go" and will do 0-60 in under 6 sec. Handles very well. Interior is very nicely done and the car looks great from the outside. It is really the ideal blend of sportiness and luxury and comes loaded. I love the NAV system and the bluetooth is great! I love the seats too - very comfortable. Tip for those who do not like the TL-S wheels: I asked the dealer if he could trade out the TL-S wheels for the regular TL wheels and they were happy to do it for no extra charge. Try it.

Best of All Worlds
By AllenH on 02/05/07 10:37 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I checked out the competition such as IS 350 and G35 and none can match the utility and value of the Type S. The navigation on the Type S blows away any of the competition and it is just a handsome vehicle. I get over 30 MPG when driving steadily at 70 mph. I just passed over 600 miles (break-in period) and stomped on the gas. WHOA! Is this thing fast!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.