2007 Acura TL Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
What a ride!
By Azeemdadream on 05/06/07 18:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First and foremost, I have to say this car turns heads like no other I've driven. It looks good and sounds even better. I've had the car for less than 2 weeks and can't stop finding reasons to go outside and drive it. The quad exhaust has this deep thundering hum when dropping from 3rd to 2nd. On the flip side of this, with the windows closed on the highway, it's like sitting in a serene park. You almost want to turn down the stereo just so you can here the pindrop silence. The back up camera is all you need to reverse and the auto flip mirrors are just an added bonus. This car has so many features that I don't even know where to start. Love the car and hands down would've bought this again

Best sports sedan
By Hexkraut on 05/05/07 17:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

As a German I've driven BMW, Mercedes and Audis. When I was looking for a sports sedan again I felt I get a lot of value for my $ with this Acura TL-S. I had it for about 1 month now and it fits like a glove, drives smooth, put the pedal to the metal and it will push you in the drivers seat. Very roomy and excellent design. Plus Honda's long reliability seems to surpass BMW and Mercedes. Also if repairs are needed Honda / Acura is cheaper than BMW.

Bang for the buck
By lions208487 on 04/23/07 15:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove the new G35, and well the Acura can't quite beat the Infiniti as far as straight off the line power, however, when it comes to the complete package for the money, nothing beats the Type-S. Test drove the BMW 3 series, Mercedes C-class, Infiniti, Lexus, and Acura. I went with the Type-S simply for everything you get with the car. Fun to drive, great power, and all the extras that you would have to pay more for with another vehicle.

'07 Acura TL Type-S
By Tobini on 04/21/07 09:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a beautiful car, loaded with everything you'll ever need... and it's FAST, really fast. Its exhaust note sounds awesome and it is comfortable beyond compare. The 6-speed gear box is indescribably crisp and precise. For the std equipment level, you'd have to pay >$7K more on a BMW 328xi, my second choice. Make no mistake, the sport sedan purists and cognescenti scoff at anything other than a rear-drive set up. That said, the torque steer is WELL managed and barely perceptible. The reliability of Acura & Honda is well-known and the technology present will keep me busy for years to come. This is the baddest car for money!!

The '07 TL Type S won in my comparison!
By rl6569 on 04/17/07 10:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was recently in the market for a new automobile, and I researched those that would provide me with the greatest value, economy, safety, and technology. I test drove the Lexus IS350, BMW 5 series, and the Mercedes-Benz C350 Sport Sedan. All of these automobiles were impressive in their own right, but the Acura TL Type S wasn't even on my radar. That is, until I spoke with a few friends, and they suggested that I check out the Acura TL. So, I did. I went to the local dealership and presented them with a laundry list of items that I wanted to see on my next automobile. As I ran down the list, they said that all of the features that I wanted to see were STANDARD on the TL. WOW!!

The '07 TL Type S won in my comparison!
By rl6569 on 04/16/07 11:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently was in the market for a new vehicle. I looked at everything from the '07 Mercedes C350 Sport Sedan, to the BMW 5 Series, and the Lexus IS 350. I drove all of the vehicles. But, it only took one drive of the TL Type-S to realize the value for the price. I wanted daytime running light, side airbags, great sound system, alarm, good crash ratings, and navigation. All of my requested items were already standard on the '07 Acura TL Type-S.

Computer on Wheels
By SR503 on 04/15/07 00:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is amazing especially considering the price. We looked at the IS 350 and the G35S, The TL Type S has more bang for the buck. It comes fully loaded with touches like a back up camera. We’ve had our TL for 3 weeks and have put 1000 miles on it. The fuel mileage did improve after the break in period, and is now averaging 22 mpg. This car is not only fast but very entertaining. If you’re a techno geek, this car is for you. It has so many features it comes with 3 manuals. I’m still learning the Nav system. Steering wheel controls for climate, radio, blue tooth phone and voice-activated Nav are great and add to safety. I find myself using two hands on the wheel more.

TL Type S vs. 328i
By jodoan1 on 04/13/07 22:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you believe an ultimate driving experience is more than just rubber on the road, then the TL Type S is sure to please. My daily commute is approximately 95% freeway in Northeast Ohio. I don't slalom or corner hard so the rear wheel drive experience is lost on me. The TL does exhibit torque steer but that is really only noticeable when using the "Manual Mode" and accelerating hard. I was surprised to experience torque steer shifting into 2nd, but with 286 HP, I should have guessed. This car is a dream to drive and the interior design, techno-features and build quality far out-delivers the BMW.

One Smooth Ride
By stillhere153 on 04/06/07 22:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So I picked up my Type S about 12 hours before writing this review, boy it is one thing of beauty, I got the Blackhawk with the taupe interior, a thing of beauty, the paddle shifters are way better than shifting manually and they are very precise. I went from a 2005 Nissan 350z to this sweet ride and it was well worth it. I am getting used to the luxury of having a backup camera and the navigation is a joy. Even though I live in New York City, I don't plan on getting lost much any longer. Well overall I give it a 9.99 out of 10. Hope this helps, ps. go for the 2 tone interior, it looks cool too.

Better than BMW?
By smidge on 04/06/07 11:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I compared the Type S with 6 speed manual to BMW 335 and Audi A4. The TL is much more roomy inside, especially the rear seat foot/legroom (TL more like BMW 5 series for interior room). I bought red exterior with lighter interior - was gonna get black interior but decided too dark. TL has highest crash test safety ratings, highest Consumer Reports score for its class (entry level luxury). The navigation system is excellent and easy to use. The clutch is perfect and the shifter snick-snickety smooth - real nice! The motor sounds awesome - like a turbo almost, and car is fast! Car is a real pleasure to drive. Audio system is excellent. Good value.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.