2007 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

2007 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Problems within 3 days
By Shellbellfl1 on 07/18/07 07:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Loved the car until the power steering pump had to be replaced after only 3 days! Car made loud rattling noise and had to be taken for service for the problem. Very disappointed and would not buy the car again.

Truthful review.
By ChrisM. on 07/15/07 21:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love the car; if your'e looking for a quiet ride, this is not the car for you. Interior is poorly built, and there is much rattling. Outside driver's mirror bangs on something, center speaker rattles over bumps, dashboard (made of plastic) rattles over bumps, passenger's headrest makes a sound like someone is chewing gum in your ear. Also, if you test drive the car, leave the window open and keep your ears keen to the metal banging that happens underneath the car when hitting bumps at over 30mph. My car suffers from this and the 2 TL loaners that i've received so far also did this. Annoying, but I was told it's normal and not much can be done about it. Performance, design all good.

My Lucky Wife!
By Jon L on 07/13/07 08:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We were looking for a new car for my wife's commute and our weekends, something suitable for Wisconsin winters but attractive and sporty. No more minivans or SUVs - been doing that for years with kids. Came down to the BMW 328xi and the Acura, ultimately we decided to go with a fully loaded Acura for less money vs. a very basic BMW with no leather, power/heated seats, etc. We get lots of looks on the road - no Acura dealer for 100 miles, so it's also unique here. So far she loves it!

Cool Looking but....
By ed batizu on 07/03/07 13:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Like the looks of the car and the nav features are great. The transmission is clunky (especially downshifting into 1st gear) and I was hoping that it would "break in" more. The seat is not as comfortable as my Volvo S60 but good leg and head room. Solidly constructed - brakes and handles well. Like the safety features. Nice car but will most likely go Infiniti or Lexus next time for the added comforts.

Another Acura
By Peter on 06/20/07 17:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is Acura number 4 for me. These car are incredibly reliable and great to own. The TL comes with virtually every option that all of the competition puts into pricey packages. I put in a lot of miles every year and comfort is a priority. The TL is extremely driver/passenger friendly. The ride is smooth and the shifting is seamless. Navigation and voice activated system is very good. No more fumbling for phone or headset since everything is hands-free and controlled from steering wheel. Design is pretty conservative but not bad. Mileage is better than last TL even with more horsepower. Currently I get about 28 mpg hwy and 25 overall.

My Acura - A beauty
By Gene Shaw on 05/29/07 14:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove BMW 330i, Lexus IS 350, Lexus ES 350, and Acura TL. I eventually decided to get TL. I've had my Acura for a month now. I often have to resist the urge to just drive it for fun. For those of you who are still searching out there, buy an Acura and you will not regret it.

Great Car
By C.J. Johnson on 05/21/07 12:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great for anything and everything. It has a very nice exterior design, but it is easily overlooked. The interior is sporty yet luxurious. And sporty is this car's middle name. The engine is fun to rev, and it has great handling. An all around good car.

Great ride w/ not so great audio control
By Romer on 05/03/07 13:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this vehicle for about a week now. It came w/ the technology package. The ride is rather sporty and bumpy a bit (comparing it to my wife's Lexus ES 300) but enjoyable. In the looks department, it gets 2 thumbs up and since I haven't yet broken it in, I can talk about performance just yet. Everything is voice controlled which makes a great conversation piece but voice control and command is too buggy. With the windows up, no fan running and no one else in the car, I can not get the bluetooth to record the numbers correctly. I have tried over and over and it seems as for certain numbers, time after time, throws some extra digits in.

An autofanatic's opinion
By autofanatic on 04/21/07 02:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I work as a technical automotive writer and have written, researched, and driven many different types of vehicles. For me, the TL is the best car in its class. While the G35 and IS 350 are quicker, and the 330i's handling dynamics are superior, no other car balances performance, technology, comfort, and value better than the TL. Plus, all of these cars cost quite a bit more comparably equipped.

Acura TL 2007
By cmarch on 03/23/07 08:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my BMW X5 4.4i for the 07 Acura TL. It was a wise decision. The TL has a totally comfortable and smooth ride. I love the bluetooth, oh did I mention the better gas mileage. I am sure they will be changing the body style within the next 2yrs. I will probably trade-up then.