Used 2007 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Blk on blk Type-S...amazing car!!!
By DrI

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Perfect mix of safety, performance, style, and luxury. You really get a lot for your money! I look forward to driving it every day.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort/quality. Exterior styling second to none. Tech features are intuitive and easy to use. Tons of acceleration and excellent brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Some torque steer. Heavy steering at low speeds (but I don't mind).

2007 Acura TL- Type S Rocks!
By rkahrmann

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really love my Acura TL-Type S. The fit and finish of this car is really nice. Every time I walk out and get into the car I look forward to turning the ignition key. It drives very well on the open road and the freeway. We took a 6K+ trip this summer and the car turned out to really be a great touring sedan. I think it is the best looking car on the road on the outside. I find the seats comfortable. Braking is superb. Overall I think it is one of the best designs ever. If you can pick up a used one, what a great value it will be.

Favorite Features

Strong pulling power when passing on two lane road. Comfortable seats and very nice leather. Navigation system screen placement is awesome. Best looking car on the road.

Suggested Improvements

Tape deck? Ipod connection. Squeak in the sun roof.

Why I chose this Acura but not others
By BMR ETR

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd TL - love the style. Also have a 2003 G35 which I'm thinking of trading but in no way will I buy the new 2009 TL. It's become one of the ugliest new vehicles on the road (also heavier & bloated). I think acura's 25 year old 2009 vehicle designer needs some design school mentoring. Also the new ZDX not only has the ugly front but it also has an "asteck" type rear. 5 of my professional colleagues who now have Acura's will not come back to the new - gen. quirky styles. Too bad; it's really a good engineered vehicle; but then so are many of it's competitors. The G37 stats will blow out the new TL stats - and it's not UGLY. Disappointed in Acura.

Favorite Features

Love the exterior (European type) design. Interior is great as well. It's well proportioned in its design / details.

Suggested Improvements

Start over again on the next gen of Acura designs. They have more unnecessary curves and points as any good design professional well tell Acura. Acura has copied many design ideas for 2009 except they forgot to stop designing.

Rolling perfection
By Blacura

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I cross shopped all the others in this class (Lexus, Infiniti, even BMW and Mercedes) I couldn't get anywhere close to the options for the money. This car comes loaded for less. The build quality is great, the engineering in this vehicle is superb. They thought of everything. Every surface has a pleasant texture, the switches and knobs operate perfectly with weighted balance. The Navi is a must, it transforms the experience in the car. Others just have a moving map of sorts, this becomes the control center for the car. Audio, climate, everything. You can use conventional buttons, touch screen or voice commands. Handles and drives well for a larger car. Very sharp design inside and out.

Favorite Features

I enjoy the touch screen navi and voice activation of just about everything. Lots of little things, like the way the doors are hinged, they will close by themselves once you get the hang of it. Very slick design. Window/roof control from the(switchblade) keyfob. ELS is the best I have heard in a car.

Suggested Improvements

Not much to list here, I would have preferred if all of the interior lights had the same brilliant blue look as the gauges. Keyless operation, push button start and door lock/unlock. USB input instead of only AUX. All very minor design choices (not mistakes) I'm sure to help drive the cost down.

The Best
By oldacuralover

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the best car overall that I have driven. It looks good, is screaming fast (faster than similar Lexus, BMW, and Infiniti I've driven). BMW 330xi was a close second to purchase, but a little plain on the interior and definitely overpriced. No problem with rattles except center speaker, and only on extremely rough roads (read eastern Washington's I-90). The sound of exhaust sealed deal for me. Sweet music to the ears. I often turn off the amazing DVD-A surround just to listen to the car. Beautiful. I have yet to find a smoother V6. Great looks. Solid build. Well thought out. No problems at all. Brakes are fantastic. Kids get creamy leather dirty, but cleans up nicely.

Favorite Features

Exhaust note, looks, brakes, acceleration, gas mileage (30 mpg @ 78 mph), fit and finish, bluetooth, stereo, smell (pleasant new leather smell still plentiful).

Suggested Improvements

I don't use an ipod, but I understand the complaint. The light leather I chose gets dirty easily, but it cleans up nicely and still smells like new leather. Otherwise, everything has been perfect.