2007 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Surprise, surprise!
By Gordon on 06/03/08 09:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

On a return trip to Dallas, TX from Austin our average mph was 73 & gas consumption was 32 mpg (did hit 33 for a short time). Can't beat that with a stick!!

Beauty That's Only Skin Deep
By joelsaxton on 06/02/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Aside from the nice appearance, this car has been a grave disappointment. I test drove the TL on a nice flat road. But in the real world, when I am accelerating over an uneven surface, the wobbliness of front wheel drive become painfully apparent, especially with 286HP. I have had persistent issues with cabin noise - there are constant creaks when going over bumpy roads - it makes the car sound cheap. I had a defective starter which needed replacement. The nav system is not very smart. The tranny had issues with the 3rd gear that needed fixing. Most importantly, the 3.5L engine is prone to pinging.

Got A Lemon
By 2007 TL on 05/31/08 19:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

In first 11 months car was back to the dealer for 34 business days for repairs. While the car has some zip, many problems have plagued this car. Engine would not turn over 3x and have replaced 3 batteries due to short in Hands Free Link and took dealer 2 times to correct the problem. Car alarm chip has been replaced 2x as alarm goes off randomly. Trunk latch has broken 2x and replaced by the dealer. Car handles well in warm weather but does not handle snow well at all. Expected a better experience for the price I paid for the vehicle.

Best One Yet
By skyteddybear10 on 05/17/08 15:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My third Type S and the best one to date, as a matter of fact it is the best car i have ever owned.

Best value in luxury market
By Jeff on 04/26/08 21:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Had the car for a year now, it's a huge step up from the Accord I was previously driving. It's a great deal, the competition costs thousands more for the same features. Gas mileage is great too, on a 500 mile road trip I averaged 34 MPG! This car isn't for everyone though. Those looking for the ultimate sports sedan (think BMW minded buyers) will say it's FWD and not sporty enough. Those wanting a cushy serene ride (think Lexus ES) will say it's too sporty and has too much road noise. You can't please everyone but for me this car is what I consider to be an ideal blend of everything. It doesn't excel at any one particular thing but does everything very well.

Love, love, love my Acura
By acuramomma on 04/18/08 21:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a 2001 Chrysler Concorde to this car--amazing difference. Wanted something sporty coming off of the big gas-guzzling luxury car with no power. Love merging onto a highway and blowing everyone away. Mechanic friend was very impressed by it. Don't think I could find another car this size I would love as much. I am fortunate to not be experiencing the rattling or problems others are having.

No complaints on gas economy
By NIKKIMACH on 04/04/08 20:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Over the last 4800 miles, the computer tells me I'm averaging 28MPG. Nothing wrong with that. Getting a fuel warning at 13 gallons is annoying; dealer tells me it can't be fixed. Otherwise, this is a great car - wonderful integration of electronic and mechanical bits, thoughtfully engineered, quick and comfortable. This is my fourth Acura (2 TLs, 2 MDXs) and I've never been left by the side of the road, something my BMW-owning friends can't say Plus, my TL will suck the doors off a 528, sounds just as good doing it, and costs 10 grand less similarly equipped.

I love my Acura TL Type-S
By Michael Hayes on 03/29/08 13:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If God had created the perfect car, he would have created the Acura TL Type-S. This car is one serious piece of machinery. It is a triple threat; all the safety of a Honda, all the power of a sports car, and the design to kill for. It is the perfect culmination of attributes looked for in sport sedan. Also, this car gets incredible fuel economy for being a 3.5L V6. The 5th gear overdrive enables the TL to cruise at 75 mph only spinning a mere 2100 rpms; that's impressive by any standards. The average mileage at 75 mph with the AC cranked up and the lights and radio on is an incredible 35 mpg. This car is a hands down winner in all categories of sports sedan.

Best car I've had up to date
By Odilia on 03/24/08 17:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Best car up to date. Good driving experiences, great leg room.

Great Car
By TLover on 03/05/08 13:39 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Most luxurious sedan for this price range. Very satisfied with the interior qualities compared to other competitors.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.