Used 2007 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 180 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

What a great car
By RDFreier

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I really love the styling of the 07 TL. It has so many features, that makes this the best value in any luxury car. I've had it for three years now and my lease is over. It spoiled me so much that I'm having a hard time finding another car that I'm willing to pay for. I so wish the new TL styling was better. This is just a great car and if you are considering one, get it. You won't regret it.

Best stock sound system I've heard. Great fuel economy, averaged 24 mpg, but got over 30 mpg highway on long trips. Best navigation I've used, beats every other one I've used including BMW and Audi. Voice commands are great as well.

The regular TL could have used a softer suspension and cushier seats. The roads here in NJ and NY are just too beat up for sports suspensions. Could have had a quieter interior, engine was quiet by heard the road noise too much. Not much wrong with this car.

Expected More
By Gary

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a fun and extremely comfortable car to drive, however, I was disappointed overall and will be anxious to turn my car in when the lease is up. A $35K + car with tires that didn't make it to 30,000 miles, carpeting that came up and took four attempts to fix, and other minor problems that could never seemed to be fixed in just a day. I had to leave my car at the dealership for repair work for days at a time on more than one occasion. I will miss the drive but not the headaches.

extremely comfortable ride, heated seats, and a superior sound system

Better I-Pod connection location, better tires, and more reliable features such as the compass and tire pressure monitoring system.

Lovin it
By drjohn

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car is a blast. I bought the car on a salvage title (front end accident). I love the tight handing. While I don't have the S type, I do have after market struts with coil over shocks, so it is a bit lower and a more stiff ride. The interior is wonderful. I love the transition from the door to the dash which is rounded, so I don't feel like I'm boxed in like BMW & Volvo. Smooth transmission with better acceleration at plus 40 mph.

I love the Navigation. It is fully integrated car system and is a must have. Don't think that you should save $ and simply use a GPS box. Night illumination is very cool with two soft blue LED shine down from above onto the shifter area. Voice commands for audio, fan, temp, cell bluetooth, etc. COOL.

Who knows why there is no Ipod connection?

Blk on blk Type-S...amazing car!!!
By DrI

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Perfect mix of safety, performance, style, and luxury. You really get a lot for your money! I look forward to driving it every day.

Interior comfort/quality. Exterior styling second to none. Tech features are intuitive and easy to use. Tons of acceleration and excellent brakes.

Some torque steer. Heavy steering at low speeds (but I don't mind).

2007 Acura TL- Type S Rocks!
By rkahrmann

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really love my Acura TL-Type S. The fit and finish of this car is really nice. Every time I walk out and get into the car I look forward to turning the ignition key. It drives very well on the open road and the freeway. We took a 6K+ trip this summer and the car turned out to really be a great touring sedan. I think it is the best looking car on the road on the outside. I find the seats comfortable. Braking is superb. Overall I think it is one of the best designs ever. If you can pick up a used one, what a great value it will be.

Strong pulling power when passing on two lane road. Comfortable seats and very nice leather. Navigation system screen placement is awesome. Best looking car on the road.

Tape deck? Ipod connection. Squeak in the sun roof.