Used 2007 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Lovin it
By drjohn

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car is a blast. I bought the car on a salvage title (front end accident). I love the tight handing. While I don't have the S type, I do have after market struts with coil over shocks, so it is a bit lower and a more stiff ride. The interior is wonderful. I love the transition from the door to the dash which is rounded, so I don't feel like I'm boxed in like BMW & Volvo. Smooth transmission with better acceleration at plus 40 mph.

I love the Navigation. It is fully integrated car system and is a must have. Don't think that you should save $ and simply use a GPS box. Night illumination is very cool with two soft blue LED shine down from above onto the shifter area. Voice commands for audio, fan, temp, cell bluetooth, etc. COOL.

Who knows why there is no Ipod connection?

Blk on blk Type-S...amazing car!!!
By DrI

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Perfect mix of safety, performance, style, and luxury. You really get a lot for your money! I look forward to driving it every day.

Interior comfort/quality. Exterior styling second to none. Tech features are intuitive and easy to use. Tons of acceleration and excellent brakes.

Some torque steer. Heavy steering at low speeds (but I don't mind).

2007 Acura TL- Type S Rocks!
By rkahrmann

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really love my Acura TL-Type S. The fit and finish of this car is really nice. Every time I walk out and get into the car I look forward to turning the ignition key. It drives very well on the open road and the freeway. We took a 6K+ trip this summer and the car turned out to really be a great touring sedan. I think it is the best looking car on the road on the outside. I find the seats comfortable. Braking is superb. Overall I think it is one of the best designs ever. If you can pick up a used one, what a great value it will be.

Strong pulling power when passing on two lane road. Comfortable seats and very nice leather. Navigation system screen placement is awesome. Best looking car on the road.

Tape deck? Ipod connection. Squeak in the sun roof.

Why I chose this Acura but not others
By BMR ETR

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd TL - love the style. Also have a 2003 G35 which I'm thinking of trading but in no way will I buy the new 2009 TL. It's become one of the ugliest new vehicles on the road (also heavier & bloated). I think acura's 25 year old 2009 vehicle designer needs some design school mentoring. Also the new ZDX not only has the ugly front but it also has an "asteck" type rear. 5 of my professional colleagues who now have Acura's will not come back to the new - gen. quirky styles. Too bad; it's really a good engineered vehicle; but then so are many of it's competitors. The G37 stats will blow out the new TL stats - and it's not UGLY. Disappointed in Acura.

Love the exterior (European type) design. Interior is great as well. It's well proportioned in its design / details.

Start over again on the next gen of Acura designs. They have more unnecessary curves and points as any good design professional well tell Acura. Acura has copied many design ideas for 2009 except they forgot to stop designing.

Rolling perfection
By Blacura

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I cross shopped all the others in this class (Lexus, Infiniti, even BMW and Mercedes) I couldn't get anywhere close to the options for the money. This car comes loaded for less. The build quality is great, the engineering in this vehicle is superb. They thought of everything. Every surface has a pleasant texture, the switches and knobs operate perfectly with weighted balance. The Navi is a must, it transforms the experience in the car. Others just have a moving map of sorts, this becomes the control center for the car. Audio, climate, everything. You can use conventional buttons, touch screen or voice commands. Handles and drives well for a larger car. Very sharp design inside and out.

I enjoy the touch screen navi and voice activation of just about everything. Lots of little things, like the way the doors are hinged, they will close by themselves once you get the hang of it. Very slick design. Window/roof control from the(switchblade) keyfob. ELS is the best I have heard in a car.

Not much to list here, I would have preferred if all of the interior lights had the same brilliant blue look as the gauges. Keyless operation, push button start and door lock/unlock. USB input instead of only AUX. All very minor design choices (not mistakes) I'm sure to help drive the cost down.