2007 Acura TL Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT
By dcdgoth on 07/05/07 00:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my 05 TL 5AT for 07 Type-S and I absolutely love it. I test drove the IS 350 but I didn't like the riding quality, space was too small, and also it didn't have option for manual transmission. Type-S was exactly what I want it. I was going about 40 mph and upshifted to 6th gear to see if this car could handle a stiff hill without stalling, and it did! It accelerated and gained more rpms as it was reaching to the top. With $4000 more than base TL, you get all the options: NAVI, brembo breaks, 3.5L engine, sport tuned suspension, etc.

Type S
By Bertinoj on 06/29/07 20:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned an 04 TL, and an 05 RL. I traded that RL on a G35 coupe. Loved the G35, but really missed the Acura product. So, this past June 25th I walked into an Acura dealership and negotiated a deal on a 07 TL type S. A lot of the bells and whistles of the RL, faster and more stable than the TL. How can you go wrong. Not as fast as the G35, but so much more refined, and a pleasure to drive.

Finally a good purchase!
By mhoule2732 on 06/19/07 06:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

To start off, I owned a 2003 Type S as well. I drove the car to 100,000 miles with only 1 problem (a broken axle). I loved the car but sold due to the higher mileage and purchased a 2003 Audi A4 6cyl 3.0 engine. I never liked it and kept only 5 months. I test drove the G35x, IS 350, BMW 3 series, and FX35 Infiniti and chose the Type S again. This car is very fast and fun to drive. The handling is great but the ride is just OK, but I guess if you don't want that type of ride buy the regular TL (still happy). Really no complaints but I do only get about 19 MPG. I guess that's not too bad considering how impossible it is to not drive like a complete maniac.

2007 Acura TL Type-S 5AT Regular Tires
By Ken on 06/17/07 06:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned an '05 TL and told the dealer I'd buy a new one when they dropped the RL's engine in it. Got a call, went down and test drove the TL-S. Loved it from the beginning. The suspension with the standard tires is much more compliant but still has enough firmess for great handling. My '05's suspension used to crash over road imperfections and was stiff. I found the TL-S to be much more refined with plenty of HP/torque with little torque steer. I looked at Infiniti's M45 and at BMW's 5 series; both are overpriced compared to the features on the TL-S.

Nice Ride
By whulik on 06/16/07 13:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the TL-S for a week now and I love it. I'm sure a sports car purist would find plenty to gripe about, but it's NOT a sports car, it's a sporty sedan. And as a sporty sedan the TL-S excels. The engine is excellent with lots of low end torque and a wide power band. Handling is crisp but will not rattle your teeth loose. The interior is very well laid out, quiet and comfortable. All in all, it's as near perfect as a car can get.

Much Better than an Accord, BMW, Lexus
By Desiree W. on 06/15/07 07:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great buy for an entry-level luxury car. It has great HP, easy steering, and looks great. I opted for the 19" Acura chrome wheels and chose the red exterior for a more feminine look. It has been called a "sexy" car by many who have seen it and I must agree. However, I think the carbon grey or the black is very handsome! You will love the sound of the exhaust and find yourself wondering if there's a V-8 in there. Also, no more second guessing your reverse-parking skills due to the fancy back up camera.

2007 TL Type S Alabaster Silver Metallic
By KBee on 05/31/07 16:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

1,500 miles and only one problem. Rear deck was vibrating from the subwoofer. They took out the back seat and sprayed some foam back there. Problem solved! I researched for seven months prior to purchasing. The Acura TL-S blows the doors off anything out there in its class: BMW, Audi, Infiniti, etc. The technology in it is amazing and not a la carte like all the other MFGs out there. Gas mileage is a bit disappointing - I am avg around 20 MPG. But blazing acceleration! 286 HP baby! Car is a real headturner! Quad exhaust really sets it apart with the deep exhaust tone. People stop me all the time to check it out. Not many on the road which is a plus!

Best of Breed
By moria01 on 05/24/07 12:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got the Type-S almost as soon as it came out and didn't see another for months - it is definitely a head-turner! It can't beat the Infiniti G35x or the Lexus IS 350 in aceleration, but it handles great, drives smooth and quiet, and is absolutely loaded with features. I love this car!!!

2007 TL-S type Carbon Bronze Pearl
By BabyGee on 05/16/07 18:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have a 2005 MDX and recently we needed a second car. After test driving three different Acura models, I chose the TL. The car was far superior to the TSX (in quality as well), and also had a more sleek and mature personality than the RDX. Since we have an MDX, I opted for a nicer, smoother and more sophisticated TL. I chose the S-series to get the manual transmission - lots of fun. The car is subtlely aggressive, yet practical too. My kids fit easily and safely, and the gas mileage is AOK (25 mpg mixed (city/hwy)). Love my Acura(s)!

The Definition of Precision
By Bryan9130 on 05/09/07 16:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Went from a 2004 BMW 330i 6M to the new TL Type-S 6M, and I love it! Also tested the G35s 6M, 335i and 328i, A4 2.0T Quattro and Lexus IS 350. I was leery about the FWD with 289 horses mated to it, but torque steer is minimal (and kind of fun), and it does not detract from performance. This car is more responsive and precise than the BMW was when it came to handing. The interior is much more spacious, comfortable, and user-friendly. Glad I made the decision on the Acura!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.