Used 2007 Acura TL Type-S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Most Helpful|
Acura TLS--A Solid Performer
By leadership

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Previously leased two Acura RLs; bought the TLS based on the quality build and driving experience of those previous Acura cars. Wise decision. Better than expected MPG to date--26.5 for 38M miles which includes balance of city/highway conditions. Treadwear remaining--40%. Never an alignment problem. Acceleration is outstanding. Car is quiet, comfortable, and feels solid. Pearl white exterior stands out in a crowd. Maintenance expenses to date: $367 (about $.01 per mile). How the car may be improved: (1) Larger vertical space for trunk opening, (2) Fold down rear seats, (3) Keyless ignition, and (4) More foot space for rear passengers. Even with these suggestions, this is one first-rate car.

I'm hooked!
By cassie22598

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am absolutely hooked on Acura's now! I've liked them for a while and just thought they were a little too expensive. But I broke down and got one anyway and I am loving it! Acura has spoiled me rotten, with their excellent service and their reliability. Plus all the fun features this car has to offer. I don't think I could ever settle for less.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the voice commands. It's fun to talk to the car and it talks back. My friends get a kick out of it every time we ride. It has a lot of technical features, but the raw power is still a classic. I love to rev up and go!

Suggested Improvements

No improvements! This car is just what a sport luxury car ought to be! But some people complain about the premium gas and this is what I say to them, "Don't be so cheap! You buy a $30,000 car and complain that you have to pay 30 cents more a gal?" Don't make sense?!

After 1 year with a Pre-Owned TL Type S
By tifosi27

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased ours TL Type S Automatic 1 year ago with very low miles on it. It was essentially brand new and we got a very good deal. We are very pleased thus far. Ergonomics are very good, has adequate torque to pass cars on country roads and interstate travel. We knew the car would be a little more rough over roads as this has a more firm suspension then the base TL. Have taken the car in for all routine maintenance and had zero problems. Only issue is when the wife put a nasty curb rash into the front rim, but will get that fixed in the winter when I install the winter tires and rims.

Favorite Features

Very attractive car interior and exterior (granted looks are a personal preference). Voice recognition is great. Enjoy the dual zone climate control. Best feature is Honda reliability. No issues in 1 year.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic transmission could use some improvement. If driven spirited, the car seem to be searching for the right gear at times and has a lag when going to pass on the interstate or country road. Better programming and a 6th gear would help. Or better yet, get the stick! Only got the Automatic for the wife.

Loving my Type-S!
By crivett246

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Type-S for almost four months now and I'm loving it. Accelerates very fluidly and fast, with torque steer noticable only if you punch it. The interior design is really great and the gps is easy to use, but could be better on the last part of getting to your destination. The braking on it is also phenomenal. They're really grabby, but the brembo generate alot of dust and I'll probably switch them out when they wear. Overall, no regrets about my purchase.

Favorite Features

The design still looks pretty modern. I parked next to my friend's 2009 G37 and his looked its age while my could still pass for new at the showroom. The mpg on the freeway is pretty good. I got 34 once, but I average around 30. Not bad for 286 hp.

Suggested Improvements

Every time I hit a rough patch of road, I get a message saying "Tighten Fuel Cap". Apparently that's a normal thing according to the Acura Forums. Also, the Hands-Free Link doesn't work. And I know it's a minor gripe, but the trunk barely opens when you hit the button.

2007 Acura TL- Type S Rocks!
By rkahrmann

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really love my Acura TL-Type S. The fit and finish of this car is really nice. Every time I walk out and get into the car I look forward to turning the ignition key. It drives very well on the open road and the freeway. We took a 6K+ trip this summer and the car turned out to really be a great touring sedan. I think it is the best looking car on the road on the outside. I find the seats comfortable. Braking is superb. Overall I think it is one of the best designs ever. If you can pick up a used one, what a great value it will be.

Favorite Features

Strong pulling power when passing on two lane road. Comfortable seats and very nice leather. Navigation system screen placement is awesome. Best looking car on the road.

Suggested Improvements

Tape deck? Ipod connection. Squeak in the sun roof.