2007 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
75% Perfect
By AlmostPerfect on 06/09/09 11:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Oh, our beloved TL. Your misgivings are few, but substantial. We've owned the car for 28mos/24k now. Designed and destined for success in a "North America-Only" market, I feel it's a moderate success. Unlike some competitors, the cup holders really work; The seats and driving position are magnificent for those of larger proportions; The stereo is phenomenal; Fuel economy is above average; the 'value' equation is substantial. The shortfalls, however, drive us insane. The 45-series tires seem to have temper tantrums with the suspension tuning. The steering is incredibly vague and twitchy off-center. The transmission is clunky and crude. Low-end power is absent. Wouldn't buy another.

Rattle Trap
By Rattle Trap on 06/02/09 10:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

For a luxury car, the TL performs well, but is under-powered compared to others in the same class like the Infiniti G35 and the BMW 3 series. The suspension and handling is impressive at the expense of a smooth ride and a very poor turning radius. The 07 automatic transmission is less responsive than what I would expect from a luxury car Trim and paint quality is no better than the paint used on Honda cars while paint on the Infiniti is better. Road noise and rattles are the biggest issues with this model and Acura and Honda in general. There are known rattles in the 2007 TL many coming from the window sills front and back. Most do not happen all the time thus hard to trouble shoot

Navigation freezing up
By NAVIGATION on 05/23/09 09:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Acura, but been having things go wrong; Navigation has been replaced once already, and now is still freezing up. Dealer says not sure what problem is. A lot of rattles inside cabin, Engine panels are being scratched by hood, along with the strut hood support. Plastic caps on door, and door panels rattle loose, plastic covering comes off on door pockets. Front grill piece of Acura logo, starting to rust. Why did they put a tape cassette player in it? Plugging in i-POD cable a joke and hard to operate when wire is snaked through arm rest. Why put heated seat buttons near cup holder? Coin collector keeper comes loose all the time when arm rest lifts up.

Acura kills fun
By Doug on 04/29/09 09:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car has done what I thought was impossible. It's taken the fun out of driving. Outward visibility is useless. It's like living/driving in a cave. The all-back interior is hearse-like and depressing. The transmission is wonky. It has an impossible-to-read mind of its own. The suspension. Don't get me started. It can't decide whether it's a sports car or a sedan. The gas mileage is horrible. Sitting at idle in heavy traffic, you can watch the needle on the gas gauge slip down, down, down. The HVAC controls are confusing.

Good for me
By bigmac on 04/21/09 18:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased an '07 TL after owning 2 accords. Notable step up. Fit and finish is superb. Comfort is fine for a 6 footer. Performance is generally very good. Low speed torque / gearing can sometimes be annoying. Brakes are as smooth and quiet as any I've experienced. It does not handle like a race car, but it is not a race car. For its purpose and market, handling is fun and responsive. Mechanics and reliability after 22,000 miles is perfect. I do not share other writers' experiences with rattles. This car is well insulated. Not the first rattle in my experience. BTW, the sound system is great, but I do agree that the ipod jack is poorly located.

Acura TLS--A Solid Performer
By leadership on 02/27/09 05:51 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Previously leased two Acura RLs; bought the TLS based on the quality build and driving experience of those previous Acura cars. Wise decision. Better than expected MPG to date--26.5 for 38M miles which includes balance of city/highway conditions. Treadwear remaining--40%. Never an alignment problem. Acceleration is outstanding. Car is quiet, comfortable, and feels solid. Pearl white exterior stands out in a crowd. Maintenance expenses to date: $367 (about $.01 per mile). How the car may be improved: (1) Larger vertical space for trunk opening, (2) Fold down rear seats, (3) Keyless ignition, and (4) More foot space for rear passengers. Even with these suggestions, this is one first-rate car.

Dont buy it
By JAY on 02/20/09 10:30 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had high regards for acura but after owning one for almost 2 years, it is going down. Brakes were gone after only 15000 miles, Timing belt Idler pulley needs to be changed after only 20000 miles. Passenger side mirror clicks and every time it needs to be lubricated. My used car for years was not giving me any of these troubles. Rattles a lot. I only use car for fun, I don't drive it to work. I do no consider it as a luxury car and will not buy any Acuras in future and will recommend the same to family and friends.

The good and bad of the Type-s
By scorched_675 on 01/01/09 15:37 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Most cars I have owned I either loved or hated, my 07 Type-s is a true love/hate relationship. I love the looks and styling, as well as the performance and sound of the engine. OK now for the hate, I hate that my almost $40k car rattles everywhere inside! The center speaker cover rattles. The rear subwoofer make the deck rattle. The interior itself is very impressive, perforated leather seats and all. After a month I also added tint to the windows, and had it immediately ruined by the drive scraping a cut in the tint.

Great Car
By TC in Chi on 11/29/08 07:39 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my 4Runner for a 2007 Type S. Great car. Smooth and powerful acceleration, handling and braking are superb. I drive 60-70 miles a day, mostly highway. I used to hate driving to work, now it's the best part of my day. Great all around car, especially considering the cost. I get 25-26 MPG. This car is best used as a highway cruiser. If you need an 'around town' car look elsewhere. This thing wants to go fast.

Not sure I'm doing Acura again
By JP in ATL on 11/08/08 09:33 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got the new 2007 Acura TL Type S after my 2004 had been rear-ended twice. I loved my 2004! Wish I had kept it now vs getting this 07. Sorry Acura, this might be the last. Based on my 04, my mom, dad, and several great friends bought one too. Some have already dumped their car. It has no power, no soul, the navi is junk, live traffic is delayed 30 minutes or more, bad in Atlanta. The windows squeal. Brakes are junk. Stereo is bad. This car does nothing for me. My 04 had soul, feeling, control, power. looks like my 20 yr loyalty will end.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.