2007 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Nice improvement over the regular TL
By Pika817 on 12/14/06 01:22 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Although it isn't the best car in any category, the 07 Type S does exceptionally well across the board - good acceleration, excellent interior and standard features, decent ride quality, etc. The most impressive part of the vehicle is its interior and the electronic gadgets that come with the car. The navigation is extremely easy to use, and I would have to say that only Lexus has a better nav system. However, I am finding that the fuel efficiency is quite a bit below what is advertised. As a side note, I test drove the 07 G35 AWD, 06 TL (A Spec and stock), IS350, and BMW 335. The Type S was a perfect blend of what I wanted at good price point (with the options included).

The best TYPE-S Yet
By Dan B on 12/09/06 13:12 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my car for a couple weeks now and it is now my 3rd TL, first was an 02 Type-S then an 04 with ASpec and now an 07 Type-S. This car so far has handled nicely, the looks are improved with Quad exhaust and the additional safety features are great. So far MPG has been quite a bit lower... hope that improves with break-in. Performance is unbelievable, acceleration feels more than previous TLs and steering feels much sportier and exact. Interior fit-n-finish is awesome, backup camera nice addition, much quieter interior than any previous TL, almost too quiet. Nice exhaust note. And I'm thankful Acura went back to NON-INTEGRATED fog lights! The perfect sports sedan for the Midwest!!

My 2nd TL
By bbj on 12/06/06 14:10 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Acura TL Nav. I just traded my '05 Anthracite for a new '07. Many people thought I was crazy, but it was well worth it. This car is much better than 2005. The ride is better, the features ext/int. the sound is awesome. This car is a keeper. I took white w/taupe this time, since it's more of a luxury color. There is nothing not to like in the new TL. Everything you need, you get.

Acura: A 20 Year Love Affair
By Paul Stringer on 11/23/06 04:56 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

As a proud owner of Hondas and Acuras for over 30 years, I can attest to the quality of the these very fine automobiles. Although a Honda man for over 10 years, it was a girlfriend who turned me on to Acuras and it's been a beautiful partnership for the past 20 years. Recently, I was involved in an accident that resulted in my hitting a tree and the car tipping over. The Acura absorbed the impact well enough for me to make it out of the car without a scratch. Yes, I thanked God for watching over me on that day. And I also thanked myself for having the wisdom to purchase one of the best built cars on the market. Thank you Honda/Acura.

Just got mine!
By 66Woody on 11/22/06 18:22 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm not a fan of the wheels, but, like the color, they are nicer in person than pictures show. Torque steer is not an issue - I think Acura is limiting the torque on take-off. This could cut into 0-60 times though. Speaking of which, here are my guesses... 0-60 in 5.6. 1/4 mile in 14.3. The car pulls more once it gets moving. A later test with my g-timer will confirm these numbers. One thing of note is the sound system. It is AWESOME. Listen to the sample DVD that comes with the car and you will be sold. Fit and finish is nice. Handling is good but they put these junk Michelins tires on stock.

Lovin it
By love it on 11/20/06 17:08 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just picked up this 07 TLS a week ago, and think it's about the coolest thing going, the voice activation, monster motor and MPGs. The onscreen shows 30 MPGs on a regular basis, and I find it hard to believe. Will do a little division myself to see if its true. When stomping on it, it can get a lot less. Got some of the speedo error reported on earlier TLs, and that's kind of a surprise for an Acura. Lovin it.

Best I have ever owned
By bhorton on 11/20/06 08:35 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2007 Acura TL two day ago and I am very impressed. The build quality inside and out is excellent. Acura has addressed every little detail a customer could think of. The ride is solid and the amenities are vast. I owned a Mercedes C320 and it doesn't come close to the goodies Acura provides. German makers tend to nickel and dime you over options packages that are standard on the TL. So far - Acura has a customer for life. The 2007 comes with a rear back up camera with the navigation package, side mirror turn signal markers, new 18 inch wheel design and retractable keyless entry fob.

Love the Type S
By Martin Szulinski on 11/18/06 13:54 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

WOW. What an upgrade. I owned a 2004 TL and I just bought a 2007 TL Type-S and I love it. It looks good, aggresive even. It drives aggresively as well. When you own a sports sedan you should drive like it. The F1 shift option is great. With close to 300 ponies it flies. The Brembo brakes are a plus. The car turns on a dime and it's just a blast to drive. It's a 9.5 out of 10 in my book. Buy it and you will love it. It has all the gagets inside: Navi, voice recognition, MP3 hook up, 5.1 Dolby sound, rear view camera, XM radio. I'm sure I'm forgetting some thing, but there's just so much inside you tend to forget to list all the goodies.

Excellent for the money
By Mo on 11/14/06 15:01 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2005 TL with Navi and I was waiting for the new improved TL. I 'm glad the TLS came finally, and I had the pleasure of buying it a few weeks ago. It has everything I ever wanted in car especially at this pricepoint. So test drive one and you will fall in love with it too.

Excellent Drive
By RexDaddy on 11/13/06 21:13 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My TL has proven to be the best value for the money car I have ever owned. The interior is comfortable, great nav system and bluetooth are extremely convenient, engine is powerful providing great pickup on the highway when needed. The number of features is immense and make it a car I hate to leave in the parking garage all day during work.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.