Used 2007 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Wonderful car to Own
By mustangkay1

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is an excellent car. They handle well, drive wonderfully and are just great all around. I traded in a 2005 mustang for the Acura and it suprised me with speed, comfort, and looks. I love Acura!!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth phone in the speakers!! all around comfort!!

Suggested Improvements

None.

Perfectly balanced package for the money
By eb_tldriver

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I first noticed theTL for its super sharp looks. It looks and drives like a very well equipped sports sedan rather than a rich person's silver-metallic luxury car. I read (all very favorable) reviews, and then I test drove it. I loved driving it. I liked how Acura put together such a great handling, well performing, excellently equipped car in one decently priced and sharp looking package. I like that the car does not look too showy, but that you get the real pleasure from it by actually driving it and from all of the fantastic features packed with it. I have automatic, but I drive it on sportshift. It absolutely feels like the manual shifter.

Favorite Features

Engine, acceleration, sportshift auto-manual shifter, styling, interior/cabin, handsfree link, stereo system.

Suggested Improvements

Low fuel indicator comes on with 4 gallons left. (Tank 17 gallons, full range 13). Gas mileage could be better although I got 34 miles/gallon trying to keep it at 65 mph on the interstate. Easy to get ticket with (really easy).

Amazing ride!
By Brian

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I went with Acura because of their known reliability and my experience with Hondas. I test drove Acuras that were 3-5 years old before this, to see how they hold up, and was very impressed. I'm hoping mine will hold up and ride the way the used ones I drove did. After looking at Infiniti, Lexus, and BMW, I went with Acura for their resale value and the fact that you get more for your money. So far, no regrets! I love the way people stare at my car at lights and in parking lots!

Favorite Features

Back-up camera, navigation system, sound system, comfort, exterior and interior design, iPod link, Bluetooth.

Suggested Improvements

I have only minor complaints: the iPod locks up a lot (it's a hassle to have to unplug it and plug it back in all the time), I'm not thrilled about the way the driver seat is wearing, wish it had SmartKey/IntelligentKey, remote start would be cool, and wish it got slightly better fuel economy.

Best Car for the Money, By Far!
By Matty C

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My only complaint is interior rattles. Can't figure out where they're coming from or how to make them stop. Not that they're constant, mostly on the rougher roads, but still unnerving. Other than that, love the car. If you drive it hard your tank will be empty in no time but that is to be expected with this much power.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks, interior comfort, sound system. Acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Interior rattles.

Great value
By happygirl

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the TL for overall value. It has a nice ride but I wish that the shifting were a bit smoother. Love the exterior design. The car has a lot of features and the switches and controls seem to be all in the right places except for the MP3 plug which is inside the armrest console, making it awkward to control. Nice sound system and easy to use navi system. Heard about rattling problem with hondas/acuras but haven't noticed it - lucky for a nice stereo system so i'll just crank it up!! The low fuel warning is a bit annoying since it comes on with 4 gallons to go. Overall though, I'm pretty happy with the car so far!

Favorite Features

Nice exterior design, comfortable interior, great stereo and navi.

Suggested Improvements

Push button start, smoother transmission shifting.