2007 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Nice Type-S
By JEY on 01/09/07 23:39 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a 2002 Audi A6 for the Acura. Although not as luxurious as the A6, the Type-S is a whole lot more fun and rewarding to drive. The engine is one of the best and pulls strongly at any speed. I wanted a nice blend of sport and luxury and the front wheel drive Type-S does this very well.

BMW's Loss is Acura's Gain!
By BMW No More on 01/08/07 14:19 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

First, let me just say that I have been a staunch fan of the BMW 3 Series for years, but I have to say that they have lost me with the newest model, sedan and coupe. Specifically, the interior is low rent\ugly, and for $35K+ it shouldn't be. So, I test drove the TL and, wow, what a car! Granted, it's not quite the road handler that a 3 Series is, but it is just as good or better in every other respect. Build quality, check! Ride quality, check! Interior space\comfort, better! Acceleration, better! Value, much better! A similarly equipped 325i would have cost me $7,500 more. That's some serious dough! Bottom line; BMW lost me, but Acura found me!

2006 TL vs 2007 TL Comparison
By JR on 01/06/07 06:06 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After driving a 2006 TL for several months and purchasing a 2007 base model, here is my take on the differences. The 2007 is a little better overall. Its suspension absorbs bumps better than before while still maintaining its sportiness and handling. It's quieter on the highway and its seats are more comfortable (softer) - especially on longer rides. From the front, the separate fog lights, chrome-like strip along the bottom and integrated blikers in the side mirrors, give the car a more elegant look. The sporty body style, sporty handling and very comfortable ride made it a good choice for me. Notes: No squeaks or rattles, the new transmission is now derived from the RL's tranny.

Great All Around Car
By SAW on 01/02/07 10:03 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Honda/Acura products for over 10 years, so when it came time to replace my TSX, the TL was the logical choice. I looked at the 335i, G35, and IS 350. They are all great cars, but each one had a few annoying features. The TL Type-S has all the performance I need, with a great interior and proven Acura reliability. I have had the car for 2 weeks now, and I do not regret any part of my decision.

2007 Acura TL Type-S
By Loglendin on 12/31/06 20:38 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove the Lexus IS 350, BMW 335i and Type-S. Type-S best deal for the $. Not the fastest car but great for everyday use.

Wow, we love this car
By hands2god on 12/29/06 22:10 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We looked at a few cars that are considered in this class, and the TL Type-S is by far the nicest looking, nicest driving and the best bang for the buck. The drive by wire is great, and the torque is a nice surprise. Great car, drive it, you'll buy one.

Best I have Ever Owned!!!
By Jeff D on 12/27/06 08:28 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I can't believe how much better the 07 Type S is over my old 06 TL. Handles like crazy. FAST! Everything is top notch. I bought the best!

Awesome Car
By RickKim on 12/21/06 09:07 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first brand new car purchased in 26 years. We are very glad we waited for this. The car is everything we coud ever have wanted and more. The nav, sound system, fit and finish... truly superb... and then you get to drive it. WOW. Only concern is the mpg which should get better with added miles.

Type S is back and better!
By TJ on 12/19/06 08:19 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Decided to buy a 07 Acura TL type S instead of Lexus IS350 and BMW 330i and love it. Nav is by far better than Lexus and you can fully use it while driving. Over 600 voice commands on nav, Zagat restaurant ratings, real time traffic, standard HID lights, turn signals in mirrors, super bright LED taillights, red interior dash lights, High performance Brembo brakes, Real sport suspension with tight handling, Two-tone interior seating, dual front cupholders and a back seat that can actually fit two adults. Plus fully loaded w/ nav for $5k less than Lexus or BMW with navi and has great (honda) build quality.

A Sassy Sportscar
By Desiree W. on 12/17/06 07:47 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently traded my 06 Cadillac CTS in for the new 07 Acura TL Type S. I bought the Moroccan Red car with the upgraded 18" chrome acura wheels. I LOVE this color car with the chrome wheels. So, if you're unimpressed with the gray Type-S wheels you should check them out. The car handles well, has more get-up-and-go than my 04 GTO, and has optimal styling to boot. The back up camera is totally great for parking. The only negative I report is that it doesn't have the smoothest ride with the low profile tires. That is a mere negative compared to everything that it has to offer.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.