Used 2007 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

My Follow Up Review
By Gboss

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

11,890 miles into my TL Type-S Automatic. Interior rattles are driving me nuts!! They come out of nowhere! Interior does scratch very easily. Car squeaks. Suspension or something from underneath the car? Not sure but getting it checked out. I think it's the suspension. Seat memory settings don't always work correctly. All station presets vanished on me a few times and came back the next day? Ghosts? Other than that the car is awesome! Compliments everywhere! Real rocketship! 286 HP!! Hwy I am getting 29 MPG. Overall AVG 23 MPG. I think that's pretty good!

Navigation, back-up camera, Bremo big brakes, exhaust tone, reliability, sound system, aggressive looks.

Xenon fog lights, xenon license plate light, stock TL-S wheels are ugly, keyless entry, Bluetooth, AWD, heated passenger seat back, cheap plastic interior, fold down back seat, stop the interior rattles.

By Bryan

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

10,000 miles into my silver TL Type-S with 6 speed manual, and I figure I would give you all a follow-up. First, the bad: rattles in the door and steering column. Tsk, tsk in a near 40-grand sports sedan. Interior materials scratch real easily, and dashboard is starting to lose its color really quickly (from dark gray to milky gray). Torque-steer is getting old now. The good: this thing should be called a muscle-sedan instead of a sports sedan, because that's the demeanor it has. Big, mean looking, mean sounding, and fast. Handling is second only to BMW. Interior is very comfortable, and very spacious.

Compliments everywhere I go. Engine is a trip to run up to the redline. Slick shifting manual gearbox. Beautiful, comfy interior. Supportive seats. User friendly infotainment center. Minimal usage of chrome inside and out.

Rattles! Interior plastics scratch easy and fade quickly. Uneconomic fuel economy. Too much oversteer and too wide of a turning radius. Needs AWD. Difficult to justify price when compared to the new Accord.

Great performance, annoying rattles
By DWW

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2003 Type S and loved that car's ride, so thought that in purchasing the 2007 Type S I'd be just as pleased. The new Type S has unbelieveable power and acceleration and handles like a nimble sport car. All in all a very exciting and sporty ride. The sporty suspension does make the ride a little harsh. Almost every imperfection in the road gets transmitted through the steering wheel. The comfort is great and I love the navigation system and telematics. However, the interior rattles drive me crazy. No excuse for a luxury sport sedan of Acura's caliber to have this problem.

Power and handling. The exterior styling turns heads, especially the charcol grey wheels. The navigation system and telematics are first rate.

Key fob is huge. Wish it had a keyless system like the RL. Improve the interior build quality to eliminate the rattles.

Review of 2007 Acura TL Base Model
By Gordon

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

When I was looking for a new car, I compared the G35, IS 250, Toyota Avalon, and the TL with each other. The thing I really liked best was that the things I really wanted (multi-CD changer, moonroof, leather) all come standard with the TL. I have had the car now for 3 months and I am really enjoying driving it. Although not as much horsepower as the S-Type, it is the most powerful car I have owned. I'm surprised I have not been pulled over yet. This is the first car I have owned that I have hit 100+ MPH with! I love the interior of the car with the black leather pretty much throughout. I like having the audio controls on the steering wheel.

Just the overall exterior and interior looks. I can see having this car for 10 years and not feeling like it will ever look dated. I love the leather seats and the stereo is very good.

I would bump up the HP of the basic package to get closer to say, a G35. I have 260 HP vs. 305 for G35.

TL is Just a Great Car
By GovJohn

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had been driving a Volvo S60 and had nothing but problems with it and was debating between TL and BMW 328. My buddy went with BMW and I went with TL. I made the right choice. Although it does not handle quite as sporty as the BMW, it will go when you need it to go. The everything standard interior is where it blows away the competition (especially the BMW). Compare standard package on a TL and then add them as options to everything else in its class and money makes it an easy decision. It is roomy, the sound system is great, and all controls are very easy to use. If this is the way Acura makes all its cars, I will be loyal for a long time.

Everything inside the car.

There has to be a way to get better gas mileage.