2007 Acura TL Consumer Reviews 15

2007 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

View reviews for a specific TL model:
2007 Acura TL
By Chixon on 02/09/07 07:30 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had 2 Lexus GS 300s - very nice & reliable but BORING and overpriced. Had a 2004 Infiniti G35, loved it, but had a few quirks that the dealership couldn't get fixed. G35 got totalled and bought the Acura TL one week ago. I love this car, it comes w/everything, drives and feels better than the last cars I have had, even the Lexus. Love the Bluetooth. This car came with the extras that I had to pay extra for on the other cars. Couldn't have made a better decision and the price couldn't be beat. Why pay $40K for a car with fewer options and poorer styling?

Best of All Worlds
By AllenH on 02/05/07 10:37 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I checked out the competition such as IS 350 and G35 and none can match the utility and value of the Type S. The navigation on the Type S blows away any of the competition and it is just a handsome vehicle. I get over 30 MPG when driving steadily at 70 mph. I just passed over 600 miles (break-in period) and stomped on the gas. WHOA! Is this thing fast!!

We just love it
By tomtrav on 02/04/07 11:23 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Our first acura after having 3 maximas. Maximas were all good cars but cannot compare to the TL. It just seems so much more refined, interior comfort is great and the ride is less harsh than our maxima se. Only have it for a month but so far, we're very pleased.

Adult's toy
By envzak on 02/03/07 20:23 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

It was time for me to to get rid of 2003 RSX type S that I've been driving for years. The 2007 TL type S not only filled the gap that I've been missing in the RSX-S, but surged my adrenaline beyond my expectation. Smooth and precise 6 speed manual gear box w/ limited-slip differential and 256 lb-ft of torque are the 2007 TL type S strongest points that clinched my decision to buy this car. I got to admit that I missed the scream from RSX-S between 3rd and 4th when VTEC kicked-in, but TL-S substitutes that w/ tourquey, high-pitched rumble exhaust modulation. Superb and very comfortable interior supports my decision to buy another 6 speed manual car, otherwise I'm going to fall asleep.

My Second TL
By rsreeni on 02/02/07 16:17 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I used to drive a 2000 TL which got totalled recently as a truck hit me and rolled over the car. I walked off with not even a scratch. I went and got an 07 TL. Even though overall I like the car I still think the acceleration is sluggish, especially when I am going thorugh heavy traffic & signals. I can visibly feel very well the shifting of gears & really wish it was smoother. Other than this I like my car, all the faciliies are wonderful especially the Handsfree link and the MP3 player.

Big Mistake - Beware
By Mistake on 01/28/07 17:19 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned 3 TLs and this one is a rattling piece of junk. I can't believe Acura's quality has gone in the toilet. Transmission is extremely loud and engine is already ticking. The TL is a great value for the money but at what cost. The ride is very stiff. I would hate to see what the new S rides like. The rattling interior will drive you nuts. I mean virtually everything in the interior rattles due to cheap plastic parts. If you travel and you are in the car for many hours a day, THIS IS NOT THE CAR TO BUY!! BEWARE!!

Love my type-S!!!
By levende on 01/22/07 18:27 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely love my Acura TL Type-S. After test driving nearly every car in its class - BMW 330, Infinity G35 (2006), Mercedes C280, Lexus ES 350, etc.- this car stood out as the best option for me. It is comfortable, had solid performance, large back seat. My only 2 complaintsare that it gets just okay gas mileage, and the front end could be better styled. Overall love it!

Ride quality
By wepawn on 01/20/07 13:20 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd consecutive Acura (01CL, 04TL, 07TL S-type). i was not satisfied with the ride on the 04TL, and replaced the OEM tires with top line Bridgestones. ride improved dramatically. My 07 S-type has a harsh ride with the OEM tires. I realize it has a beefed suspension, but a tire change might be in order. Otherwise I am delighted with the new Acura TL S-type. It is an awesome vehicle in all respects.

You won't regret the purchase!
By ttone on 01/19/07 21:52 PM (PST)

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car comes loaded with all features. Handles well and looks great. Best value for the $$. Other similarly stocked cars will run at least 1-2k more. I'm averaging about 24 mpg right now. I hope to see a little improvement after break in, but it's not that bad. If you like having all the "gadgets" in a car, you will likely be pleased with the TL type-S. The ride is pretty quiet, but you'll love cranking the dvd-audio disks anyway. True surround sound in the car is pretty cool. I fit my two kids in the back no problem. I wouldn't recommend more than two adults, you'll be tight. The type S comes with rims that in my opinion don't really work with all colors.

2007 TL Base Sedan
By Richey02hg on 01/10/07 10:50 AM (PST)

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a black exterior with black interior base 2007 in December 06. I love everything about the car except the gas mileage is a little below what I expected, I drive about 70% street and 30% highway and I constantly get 20 MPG at best. Also, I wish the low fuel light would not be so premature. It usually turns on and I only have to fill up 14.5 or 15 gallons so there clearly has to be 2 or more gallons left in the tank. But other than those minor issues. I love the car. Its roomy and comfortable yet still has a very sporty drive and all the features seemed to be well planned out to make as easy as possible for the driver.