Used 2007 Acura TL Type-S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura TL Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

2007 Acura TL Type-S 5AT Regular Tires
By Ken

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned an '05 TL and told the dealer I'd buy a new one when they dropped the RL's engine in it. Got a call, went down and test drove the TL-S. Loved it from the beginning. The suspension with the standard tires is much more compliant but still has enough firmess for great handling. My '05's suspension used to crash over road imperfections and was stiff. I found the TL-S to be much more refined with plenty of HP/torque with little torque steer. I looked at Infiniti's M45 and at BMW's 5 series; both are overpriced compared to the features on the TL-S.

Comfort and performance in a sports sedan. Good cabin room. Long list of standard features. Very refined sports suspension that you can live with and is still fun to drive hard. Stereo. Look of TL-S.

Stonger A/C. To get cool in very hot weather, you must use the RC button. The TL-S had a defective computer in the voice control console that drained the batttery dead. Replaced.

Nice Ride
By whulik

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the TL-S for a week now and I love it. I'm sure a sports car purist would find plenty to gripe about, but it's NOT a sports car, it's a sporty sedan. And as a sporty sedan the TL-S excels. The engine is excellent with lots of low end torque and a wide power band. Handling is crisp but will not rattle your teeth loose. The interior is very well laid out, quiet and comfortable. All in all, it's as near perfect as a car can get.

The navigation system is neat and seems to pick the best routes. The stereo is also very good and I love that it plays MP3s from CD or DVD.

I seem to be having an issue with the memory settings for the seats. Also the engine is so quiet and the noise cancellation works so well that it is sometimes too quiet. This makes it a little difficult to get audible input as to what is happening with the drive train.

Much Better than an Accord, BMW, Lexus
By Desiree W.

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great buy for an entry-level luxury car. It has great HP, easy steering, and looks great. I opted for the 19" Acura chrome wheels and chose the red exterior for a more feminine look. It has been called a "sexy" car by many who have seen it and I must agree. However, I think the carbon grey or the black is very handsome! You will love the sound of the exhaust and find yourself wondering if there's a V-8 in there. Also, no more second guessing your reverse-parking skills due to the fancy back up camera.

I love the back up camera! This alone would prompt me to buy this car again! I also like the navigation display that changes with day/night, and the XM radio.

No rattling noises like the one I'm hearing from the driver's side handgrip. A passenger's side NON- BEEPING seatbelt, less road noise on bumpy Alabama interstates, a push- button start.

2007 TL Type S Alabaster Silver Metallic
By KBee

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

1,500 miles and only one problem. Rear deck was vibrating from the subwoofer. They took out the back seat and sprayed some foam back there. Problem solved! I researched for seven months prior to purchasing. The Acura TL-S blows the doors off anything out there in its class: BMW, Audi, Infiniti, etc. The technology in it is amazing and not a la carte like all the other MFGs out there. Gas mileage is a bit disappointing - I am avg around 20 MPG. But blazing acceleration! 286 HP baby! Car is a real headturner! Quad exhaust really sets it apart with the deep exhaust tone. People stop me all the time to check it out. Not many on the road which is a plus!

Nav, bluetooth, styling, tiptronic paddle shifters on steering wheel, Xenon, stereo, hp, quad exhaust, bremo big brakes, voice, backup camera.

No Smart Key! What the hell? I am 6'3 and let me tell you, if you have other keys on your key ring they will dig into your knee while driving. Those damn keys constantly get in the way! Seats are kind of crinkled looking? Stock rims are ugly had to purchase regular TL rims but look much better!

Best of Breed
By moria01

2007 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got the Type-S almost as soon as it came out and didn't see another for months - it is definitely a head-turner! It can't beat the Infiniti G35x or the Lexus IS 350 in aceleration, but it handles great, drives smooth and quiet, and is absolutely loaded with features. I love this car!!!

This is a hot looking car! The quad exhaust and body styling set it apart from the Infiniti and Lexus. I fit it with the 18" wheels w/ HP tires and it is even slicker! All the included tech is great; backup cam, navi/voice cmd, bluetooth. Controls are well laid out and it is very comfortable.

None - this is by far the best car in its class and you get a huge value for the $$$